Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

First session on the Slaanesh Raptors done. Nothing too major so far but I do have a couple of dilemmas. First being the special weapons. My list has them as melta and champ with combi-melta but...do I magnetize for plasma and flamer options?

med_gallery_29004_2673_243997.jpg

The other is heads. The bottom row I will be using so I'm trying to decide on two more from the top row. Whichever happens it'll be minus horns.

med_gallery_29004_2673_1154897.jpg

Answers on a postcard to...or you can just post here. Many thanks for looking and hope your own project is coming on nicely :tu:

Ah, I gotcha on the pastel colors. A fun bit of heraldry based history that.

As for the heads, I vote for the one dead center and the one on the far right. Middle one looks like it could lend itself to some pretty cool slaaneshi sonic conversions. The far right is just a cool helm. I've seen some neat things done with it both with and without horns. Either way, I'm sure you'll do us all proud!

@Jaspcat. I put a couple of B&C painter images up a few pages back but what I'm thinking for the basic marine scheme is:

Main: pastel hawk turquoise

Trim: nauseating blue

Shoulders: emperors children or tenticle pink

Shoulder trim: gold

Noise Marines and HQ characters will all have their own schemes and styles.

@Chickenleg. Similar thing with the heads. Most of the bare ones will be characters and NM. Not having horns either. Plumes will be there but not on the Raptors.

Surprised I haven't commented on this log yet. I'm glad to find the close-up pictures of Mr. Night Lord here, they really do the model a lot of justice. I do hope you get the time and the inspiration to give him an entourage, you've captured the NL feel really really well.

I'm curious to see where the Divine Flayers go. I much prefer the updated colour scheme as it looks more martial than the original whilst being gaudy and audacious enough to identify them as Slaanesh devotees. For some reason I had it in my head that the Raptors were going to be NL. I'm now wondering if you might be able to take the three-eyed helmet for one of the Raptors and convert it slightly to have advanced auditory sensors (not sure what they'd look like though) - would seem fitting that a Slaaneshi marine would modify his helmet to maximise auditory and visual input/stimuli, which I think the three-eyed helm could represent pretty well.

Or I could be garbling complete nonsense, in which case, carry on doing what you're doing ;)

Lol BrotherCaptainArkhan. I couldn't use the GW raptors as Night Lord's. Not after seeing the Night Raptors.

Here's what is on my mind at the moment:

»Emperor's Children for 40k

»Night Lord's Kill Team for 40k

»Night Lord's for HH

»Malifaux

»Resisting Infinity

»PS3

»Housework

»My kids and wife

»Getting to see people

This list is in no order btw.

Emperor's Children for 40k
»Night Lord's Kill Team for 40k
»Night Lord's for HH
»Malifaux
»Resisting Infinity
»PS3
»Getting to see people

»My kids and wife

»Housework (you do have kids and a wife for this)

Edited by SlaveToDarkness

Right, forte... like your "little" hobby doesn't make a mess...

And head 5 sans horns would be my favorite followed up by 3. I don't know if I'm too late on the voting...

End of Line

Edited by Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

Forte I think you should bump the kill team up on the list and then get your butt down to DarkSphere so we can discuss 90's rave and drum n bass whilst bashing the crap/strategically outmanoeuvring each other on the table. I came 2nd in the last KT tournament and it was really good fun.

as for heads, I like top row, 2nd from left (the bare head) and bottom right.

@RPR. You'll be surprised how tidy I actually am when working on my toys ;)

@Disease. Though it sounds like a lot of fun to join in the Kill Team fun at DS (BrotherCaptainArkhan has mentioned it to me a few times and I'm sure Nurglez and co would jump in too), I doubt it would happen unfortunately.

@zxyogi. That's fine. It's not about the colour but how good you look when showing your victims their inner workings ;)

As for the helmets, it's looking more like the middle and far right (minus horns) have the vote for the Raptors, along with the bottom row. The others will likely show up on other squads.

Fun time with some Knedatite last night. Such a life we lead eh. Not too sure if licking my tools (sculpting ones for those with dirty minds) is the best idea but it works.

med_gallery_29004_2673_626556.jpg

med_gallery_29004_2673_683215.jpg

med_gallery_29004_2673_122435.jpg

Started to magnetize meltaguns and flamers for the two special weapon Raptors seen as the lot I'll be most likely to play with also include Orks and Tyranids so it's good to stay flexible.

C&C always welcome and congrats to everyone on the Call of Chaos :thanks: :thumbsup: :oops: :whistling:

That pose looks better from front on. The torso on that one isn't glued yet so can still be tweaked.

Nearly did a lot more skin too. Only thing I wasn't sure on was the facial skin. Should there be a little more where the nose would be?