Khorne's Eternal Hunt - KrautScientist's chaotic WIP thread: Fine-tuning Eightbound...

Yeah, I realised that as well -- seems like a casting mishap, and while a missing rivet would have added a bit of wear 'n' tear, it's still a son of the Emperor we are talking about here, so I quickly made a replacement rivet from GS and added it in before undercoating :wink:

EDIT: On a related note, here's the base to go with the model:

we_angron-base-wip.jpg

Everything's been undercoated, and painting will begin (and, hopefully, also conclude) in the next few days.

Edited by KrautScientist

Dude... I just... That Angron is straight out of my imagination. He is perfect! Absolutely stoked to see him painted up!

ALSO, that 2014 Khârn is brutal and I wanna see you do a Redux with parts from the new one! New head/ gorechild etc ;)

Just checking in to let you know you're amazing. That KHÂRN is amazing. That Angron is beyond amazing. Everything rocks and I'm glad I follow this thread every time I open it. Carry on, sir. Keep doing everything you're doing.

Again, thanks a lot! :)

I am actually a bit excited because THIS. IS. HAPPENING:

we_angron-pip-1.jpg

As you can see, I have finally started painting my latest Angron conversion, and the image above is interesting because it shows how terribly wonky the model looks without the pauldrons ;) I've already made quite some progress, however, so here's Angron as he looks right now:

we_angron-pip-2.jpg

we_angron-pip-3.jpg

I don't want to get too cocky here, but I am pretty confident I'll be able to make the deadline :)

As always, let me know what you think! :)

Haven't commented in here for a while, your new Khârn is looking good, I really like the more stoic pose you've gone for.

As for Angron, I'm sorry buddy but I prefer your original. There's something about this one I can't quite place my finger on that doesn't read right for me. Mind you I've never really been a fan of that piece of art either though. So please don't take it personally :)

This guys looking good but there's nothing could match the sheer threat of brutality your first Angron achieved. Paint in progress is looking nice though, warpaint especially :tu:

Cheers, guys! :)

@ Biohazard: Huh, and this from someone who has yet to finish his first Angron model while I am speeding through my third ;) I jest! Seriously, buddy, your feedback is always welcome, and while we might disagree on this particular piece (as I think this latest conversion is, in many ways, an improvement on the gladiatorial Angron I built, maybe you can at least look forward to my eventual paintjob on the "official" FW Angron, since this latest model is basically my test run for that ;)

So, there's still a ton of detail work left to work out, but my eyesight isn't getting any better today, so I'll just be leaving this here. Still pretty happy with today's results, though!

we_angron-pip-4.jpg

we_angron-pip-5.jpg

As always, let me know what you think! And thanks for all the Likes to those who haven't commented -- I guess I can buy myself a pretty big imaginary ice cream cone with those... ;)

"I HAVE A  FRESH SPLEEN HERE!  ANYONE WANT A SPLEEN?".   Is he looking for someone to cook an overfilled hotdog? . or is that someone's face in his hand?  Beautiful job, as always. I could have missed it, but seriously...what's in his hand? C'mon, what's in his hand? (channeling Brad Pitt from "7") WHAT"S IN HIS HAND!!?!?!

Thanks a lot, guys! :smile.:

Yeah, the picture without the pauldrons really shows off the ugly truth of what I had to do to make everything fit together :wink: I am so glad the pauldrons nicely cover it all up, though!

In the meantime, I have managed to finish the base (this should also answer Rednekkboss' quesion) :

we_angron-base-1.jpg

we_angron-base-2.jpg

we_angron-base-3.jpg

Alas poor Hjortulf, we barely knew ye...

So here's another mockup of the (still PIP) model, taken in proper daylight:

we_angron-pip-6.jpg

we_angron-pip-7.jpg

And while the model's back will end up being almost completely covered by the cape, I did of course completely paint it. Here's a photo serving as proof that I didn't skimp on my homework:

we_angron-pip-8.jpg

Wish me luck for the last round of finishing touches, and let me know what you think! :smile.:

Edited by KrautScientist

He's looking awesome so far! I guess that the gut on his hand will get appropriately bloodied as the ones on the base? Everything else looks spot on and will surely make for an stunning model when you finish the last details, the bronze tone you've got is perfect!

Thanks a lot, guys! :)

@ Charlo: That's actually the perfect compliment, in a way, because that piece of artwork was, of course, central to the whole project. And while I did take some liberties with the model, I really hope the basic look remains in place.

Speaking of which, I've had a very rewarding painting session earlier and managed to put the finishing touches on Angron. While I'll be filling this thread with many more pictures of the finished model as soon as possible, let this serve as proof that the model is finished for now:

we_angron-pip-11.jpg

we_angron-pip-12.jpg

As always, let me know what you think! :)

I like him. A lot. But I believe that he would look even better if you picked up the details of the armour, possibly in silver. And I realised that you painted the gem on the groin in red while leaving the one on the middle of the chest in bronze, is there a reason for that? Also the cape looks great, I love the subtle weathering in the lower parts.