Khorne's Eternal Hunt - KrautScientist's chaotic WIP thread: Fine-tuning Eightbound...

Thanks a lot, guys! :)

@ OSS: Oh, don't think you're off the hook yet -- I may still challenge you to rebase your entire World Eaters army... ;)

@ Biohazard: Same here, brother-slaughterer! LET'S DO THIS!

@ Silver fang: Cheers, mate! That's very nice of you to say! :)

@ Eberious: That's great, mate! Makes me feel less guilty for planning to steal all the ideas from your own thread ;)

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: Thanks, mate! He was a fair bit of work, but it was ultimately worth it.

Hehe, that's awesome. Between you and Bio, it's like a BnC Best at Khorne-off.

wait no... that sounds awkward.

Mortal Khornbat?

:biggrin.:

Well let's hope it doesn't end in a Fatality. :tongue.:

But, Khorne.:wink:

Well, you know how it goes: Khorne cares not whence the blood flows, and all that... ;)

Lorimar and Deimos are both civilised men of the world, though -- maybe they'll find a peaceful solution. I imagine there are people in the legion they hate much more...

• 3 weeks later...

Is it so quite here because of your Inquisitor/Custodes thread? I hope you're using that as an inspiration producer for this thread, because (despite my words in my own WIP :wink: ) I do need my Khornate fix once in a while! :tu:

Oh, don't worry: The next two upcoming projects will almost certainly be Khornate: I have an upcoming entry for the painting/converting contest over at Throneofskulls.com that needs to be finished until April 1st, and there's always that mutual challenge between Biohazard and me to finish our respective chaos lords -- you could say I was just trying to cram in as many INQ28 models as I could in between the World Eaters assignments ;)

...plus I have this strange urge to buy a new Bloodthirster. Or should I wait for the Wrathmongers. Or get both...? I am hopeless, I know... ;)

In other news, I realise it's pretty self-absorbed to be posting this, but I am simply not aloof and cool enough not to share it with you: This happened over at ADB's blog:

yes.png

I was chuffed to bits, as you can probably imagine! Unbelievable! I just couldn't stop grinning afterwards!

Oh, don't worry: The next two upcoming projects will almost certainly be Khornate: I have an upcoming entry for the painting/converting contest over at Throneofskulls.com that needs to be finished until April 1st, and there's always that mutual challenge between Biohazard and me to finish our respective chaos lords -- you could say I was just trying to cram in as many INQ28 models as I could in between the World Eaters assignments ;)

...plus I have this strange urge to buy a new Bloodthirster. Or should I wait for the Wrathmongers. Or get both...? I am hopeless, I know... ;)

In other news, I realise it's pretty self-absorbed to be posting this, but I am simply not aloof and cool enough not to share it with you: This happened over at ADB's blog:

yes.png

I was chuffed to bits, as you can probably imagine! Unbelievable! I just couldn't stop grinning afterwards!

nope not jelous at all, nope defently not jealous at allll, okay may a little, hmm okay so more than a little, and im still waiting for the followup to talon of horus it was great, one day i might be as famous as you kraut ;)

Oh, don't worry: The next two upcoming projects will almost certainly be Khornate: I have an upcoming entry for the painting/converting contest over at Throneofskulls.com that needs to be finished until April 1st, and there's always that mutual challenge between Biohazard and me to finish our respective chaos lords -- you could say I was just trying to cram in as many INQ28 models as I could in between the World Eaters assignments :wink:

...plus I have this strange urge to buy a new Bloodthirster. Or should I wait for the Wrathmongers. Or get both...? I am hopeless, I know... :wink:

yes.png

Congrats dude, Some people a writers and some are artist.

Well done on getting such a positive from A.D.B!

Oh, don't worry: The next two upcoming projects will almost certainly be Khornate: I have an upcoming entry for the painting/converting contest over at Throneofskulls.com that needs to be finished until April 1st, and there's always that mutual challenge between Biohazard and me to finish our respective chaos lords -- you could say I was just trying to cram in as many INQ28 models as I could in between the World Eaters assignments :wink:

...plus I have this strange urge to buy a new Bloodthirster. Or should I wait for the Wrathmongers. Or get both...? I am hopeless, I know... :wink:

yes.png

So happy for you Kraut!

Personally I can only hope that your aesthetics, now seen from such lofty heights, will have some influence on what we see in Khornate and other chaos concepts from GW/FW/Black Library in future. You've literally caught the attention of the man, who I think, is almost single handedly reshaping one of our favourite legions into so much more. ^,,,^

In your honour I shall go forth and paint the galaxy red just that little bit more today! ~Scoops up chainaxe, skips off~

Thanks a lot for the kind words, guys -- erm, and for that smiley, Eberious! I hope you don't mind my posting this -- it certainly wasn't intended as gloating towards all you other spectacularly talented people! If anything, I was really surprised!

So happy for you Kraut!

Personally I can only hope that your aesthetics, now seen from such lofty heights, will have some influence on what we see in Khornate and other chaos concepts from GW/FW/Black Library in future. You've literally caught the attention of the man, who I think, is almost single handedly reshaping one of our favourite legions into so much more. ^,,,^

In your honour I shall go forth and paint the galaxy red just that little bit more today! ~Scoops up chainaxe, skips off~

That is very kind of you to say, but I think ADB has had an excellent grip of what makes a compelling World Eaters narrative and probably won't need me for any creative decisions he has to take -- I will say I am still occasionally grinning to myself, though, when I remember his reply ;)

In other news: Yeah, there goes my self-control again:

thirster.jpg

I've only had the time for a peek inside the box for now, but man: The level of detail in that kit is amazing -- so is the amount of extra bitz you get! Will need to look through it in more detail later, but it should certainly be possible to get my money's worth out of this guy!

I don't know if I can dish out a bigger compliment than 'I want to see GW produce models that look like your work' -cries- T.T  ;)

Looking forward to seeing what you're going to do with all those left over Bloodthirster bits! :D

I don't know if I can dish out a bigger compliment than 'I want to see GW produce models that look like your work' -cries- T.T  :wink:

Haha, no worries! ;)

As for the Bloodthirster, the first thing will be to find out what kind of model I actually want to build! Funnily enough, the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage appeals to me the most, in spite of being the lowliest of Khorne's Bloodthirsters, according to GW's somewhat retconned fluff -- go figure ;) I really love that skull-like face and the classic Bloodthirster weapons, though -- and the lack of stupid flame pillars.

OR I could, you know, use the kit to convert Angron? It might take a bit of work, and the model will probably look horribly outdated, once FW's version comes around, but it's a possibility at least...

Congrats on the ADB compliment! I have to say it must feel so weird for the guy to have all us fanboys constantly getting excited by his comments. Lolz

About the 'thrister. DAMN. Now that makes me truly jealous. I wish I had one. I'm stocked about your idea to turn him into Angron. STOCKED!

Cheers, guys! Regarding the 'Thirster, I have now spent a bit of time looking at the sprues (only two of them, unbelievably enough!) and have begun to formulate a (very early) battle plan:

• most of the kit will - obviously - be used to built a Bloodthirster that may or may not end up having some resemblance with Angron. It seems easy enough to create a bit of a resemblance via some cable-dreadlocks, but we will see about that. Right now, the lowly Bloodletter of Unfettered Fury is my favourite, because there's something iconic about the classic weapon combo of whip and axe that I love. Plus that face is amazing (it's also the one that resembles the artwork of Daemon Primarch Angron the most, incidentally).
  • I probably won't be using the two-handed axe on this main model, but let me just take a moment to say the thing is MASSIVE! Like, Imperial Knight massive -- it could conceivably be used to give an Imperial Knight an axe -- not an especially big axe for a Knight, but a serviceable one, certainly.
  • the rest of the kit will then be used to spice up some Daemon models I've built earlier, namely my two Khornate Daemon Princes appearing earlier on this thread (the bestial one and the gladiatorial one). There are some additional doodads in the kit that both models will certainly profit from.
  • If anything's still left after that, expect to see it on some of my World Eaters -- every single plastic bit from this kit will be used in one way or another -- at least, that's the plan ;)

Congratulations on getting som well deserved recognition:)

As for the BT, consider me jealous! One question if i may, does it come with two sets of legs? GW'S page says that it does but it looks a lot like the same exact legs without the flame pillar