++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

And back in the day, Khorne's Teeth were heavy weapon teams firing support or in the fight.

Also back in the day, Khorne was also a gid of War, martial honor, and vengeance. So it basically boils down to what I want to write because GW's authors change the background more than I lose pairs of socks.

Not every aspect of Khorne is about a teenager with tourrettes screaming blood for the blood god.

This ^  so true. I dont remember where i read it but one of the books even says that khorne doesnt care how his followers get blood and skulls, only that they get them.

That's Codex Chaos 2nd Edition, a quote from Khârn himself, at the Skalathrax betrayal:  "Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows, and neither do I..."

Oh yeah, that's been tossed around in tons of BL and GW fiction in various forms for years...

"Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows, only that it flows..."

And he's the chaos god of honor. Shooting your opponent before they can see you doesn't strike me as honorable does it? Agree with Wicced, snipers don't seem very khornate to me but as always its your mini and fluff so do what you want.

Shall I use a pink tentacle? Granted the honor thing was to detract from pure bloodshed, but this is a topic of Nightlords. Honor there is like trying to find compassion in Perturabo.

Pink tentacle....what? Khorne just doesn't seem like a good fit for a sniper. Snipers go for headshots, which destroys the skull usually. Snipers don't create massive amounts of blood, which is what Khorne wants. Snipers shoot their targets from miles away before said target sees or even knows of them sometimes, also something Khorne would not like. Like I said, it's your mini but not everyone's going to agree.

Snipers go for opportunities. More often than not you'll also find center mass shots unless you're going for that sweet spot so that their bodies cannot flinch or react, or taking body armor.

Or rounds that dismember. But I digress, because fighting for the Blood God doesn't lock you into an archetype.

You weak blooded fools can take this ludicrous discussion over at the puppies' thread, the 'gods of the arena'. This thread is meant for those who spread fear and terror in the name of vindication. Honor is a notion of fools, meant to protect the weak from the strong. The gods, though real, are mere tools in our quest to wreak fear amongst the mortals. Discussing whether or not a particular kill is worthy of the gods is like discussing whether or not a bolt is worth the adamantium it is made from. This debate is worthless. All that matters is the cold ice of terror spreading, the beating of harts stalling, and the weak giving in to fear. For only fear begets justice. Edited by Augustus b'Raass

We stand in Midnight Clad, we care not for honor but for spreading fear into the hearts of mortals. What better way to spread fear than to dismember a person piece by piece from long range with large caliber sniper rounds, i think anyone standing around them would :censored: and piss themselves multiple times. Also with space marine snipers theyre always going to go for body shots cause mass reactive shells wont detonate when going through a head cause there is not enough mass to detonate the round.

Ave Dominus Nox!

Edited by CaptainAsmodai

I think much of this discussion revolves around the target of said tactics. Shooting a mass reactive sniper shell at a loyalists extremities is not going to do all that much, nor will hitting their thickly armored chest piece. Mortals, it might, but then again we're not talking about the spreading of fear via sniper shots, we were discussing the relevance of a khornate sniper who happened to wear midnight clad.