Forté's Slaanesh minis. Inc. Divine Flayers.

Forté

BTW

It's glued with poly cement and a grip has been added on too. Point taken on the tassel though. It may vanish.

Pictures or it didn't happen! ;)

Seriously, I'm interested how he looks atm. :)

Just mixing some GS to add a small tentacle to the head so be patient.

Here's the latest then.

Removed the horn as it just never made sense to me what with ducking under things all the time. So I added another hair tentacle in its place.

gallery_29004_10556_6351.jpg

med_gallery_29004_10556_3788.jpg

And I added the usual flayed face (with nose)

med_gallery_29004_10556_120155.jpg

And lastly, I removed the tassel and added a basic handle to the shield.

med_gallery_29004_10556_37060.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10556_31543.jpg

Next step...primer :)

Awesome. I think you did right with the horn. The shield with tassel removed works really well. I'm really looking forward to paint on it.

Second.   

Yeah I never liked the big point on the Slaanesh cult head really either.  Hair tentacles are a classic look too, you know, go out, have a few beers, let your tentacles down.  

Fantastic work :)

-Brett

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, some paint ;)

med_gallery_29004_10556_28510.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10556_32536.jpg

Only been working on the steel so far on the main body so still got lots to do

med_gallery_29004_10556_22379.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10556_31856.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10556_42430.jpg

And every mini needs a base

med_gallery_29004_10556_11859.jpg

More soon :)

And...I'm done :D

med_gallery_29004_10556_64366.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10556_174321.jpg

med_gallery_29004_10556_21065.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10556_8884.jpg

Was quite fun to do where I wasn't aiming for a display standard and with plenty of metallics. Still need to name him something suitably Iron Warrior, even if he's now with my Flayers.

Hope you like it and thanks for looking :tu:

Excellent work!

I've never really liked that head so I think the replacement with tentacles is a great improvement.

Cheers. The horn always put me off using it which is a shame as the face is really good. Glad I managed to work a new tentacle.

Agreed, you improved the general look of the head by a lot.
Saw this model on facebook earlier, he's really nice. A unified scheme with a lot of pops like the face on his right pauldron, stripes on the greave, orange bionic eye and the purple tassel(?) to name some.
And I haven't even got a lick of paint on my entry yet..! ohmy.png

• 3 weeks later...

It's that time again people. The whispers are growing in the warp. Armies are gathering. Glue is flowing. And the screams of plastic, resin, and metal can be heard across the galaxy. And yes...it's way too early and my eyes are still a little blurry.

So last night I (finally) made another start on a Lord for my Divine Flayers. I say another because a fair few pages back you can see I tried before but shelved it as it wasn't really coming together. Jump on a year or so and I feel my skills may be up to creating what comes into my head.

I got hold of some press mould material to try and add details as well as finding bits on eBay and bit sites so all things going to plan this should work. Though first thing, I really need to work on using press moulds to reproduce small details that others seem so good at being able to do..well, it's going to take some practice.

Here's what I managed last night. And it has made me remember that I shouldn't do this when tired and should never really on my living room lighting and always set up my lamps.

med_gallery_29004_10691_12732.jpg

med_gallery_29004_10691_75202.jpg

The face on the chest is from a Daemonette which needs to be trimmed to the shape of the armour and some hair tentacles worked across the chest. This I may redo but using less GS so it's a bit flatter to the chest.

The detail added to the leg is from a Hellstrider chest which may also get redone as it's not as sharp as I'd like (did I mention I'm fussy).

And a bag of bits

med_gallery_29004_10691_102767.jpg

You may notice multiple arms which is purely because I'm undecided which to use yet and also plan to magnetize two sets. One "fistyclaws" and one "blade of relentless and plasma pistol".

I'll leave it there for now. C&C is always welcome don't forget. And may your modelling go the way you want it too :thanks: :tu:

Looking forward to seen the Lord conversion Forte :D  You'll need to try add a dead Marine to the base, be pretty cool or some forum of trophy with the recent Marines armies Vladvar & co are collecting for there Badab War campaign.  

Just quicky ask is that the MkVIII armour from the current (2013) Tactical Marines box set?

Looking forward to seen the Lord conversion Forte :D You'll need to try add a dead Marine to the base, be pretty cool or some forum of trophy with the recent Marines armies Vladvar & co are collecting for there Badab War campaign.

Just quicky ask is that the MkVIII armour from the current (2013) Tactical Marines box set?

Many thanks.

Possibly go the dead marine route. Been trying to think of a base for him anyway. Though maybe just a severed half. Shoulder to waist.

The Mk8 is from the tac squad box. Just file the aquilia off and your golden.

Edit: Just thought. I could even have his foot launching him off the dead marines head. Think I know which chapter it was from too :D

I've begun my bases building with an injured Imperial Marine (though you'll have to wait to find out which chapter). He's missing an arm and a hand but not killed as he's not worthy enough ;) Oh, and the filed part on the forehead...that's where the Lord's foot will attach :tu:

med_gallery_29004_10691_16052.jpg

Now to explain a tiny bit. The missing leg...well, the other one will be going too and both will be smoothed off to match the base edge. It's all going to be the same grey look as all the other Chaos minis so far but, I'm tempted to add some water effect to the dip that the Marine is laying. I'd colour it too so it looks more chemical. But would it look oit of place being the only base in the army with liquid when it's a type of ash world? I suppose I could have an exposed and ruptured pipe under the liquid. Thoughts?

Well, I'll finish there. Hope you've had a productive day. C&C always welcome and till next time :thanks: :tu:

I'm surprised that I didn't see this thread earlier. :)

I heard that you had a diffrent scheme for your models but wow that's absolutely amazing! I love the champion he's very gritty and looks like he could use a kitten. Keep up the great work!

I must ask forte what chapter will the loyalist be from? I like the idea of the dead marine I might try to replicate it. Did you use a saw to cut off the marines leg? I've been thinking to get one because I really enjoy conversions and the knife isn't really cutting it (pun not intended).

I must ask forte what chapter will the loyalist be from? I like the idea of the dead marine I might try to replicate it. Did you use a saw to cut off the marines leg? I've been thinking to get one because I really enjoy conversions and the knife isn't really cutting it (pun not intended).

Nice try but you'll have to wait and see until during the ETL. I did one last year as a bit of banter between competitors which was quite amusing with the kind of "in character" tos and frows that we had going on.

As for the leg, I used a saw from Army Painter. It's not the best I'll admit and kind of wish I used my old fret saw or my rotary tool. A saw is always a useful too if converting or basing (especially if you start display basing using plinths) but I recommend finding a thin one with good straight teeth (I hear bone saws are excellent) and not so much the branded hobby ones unless they are known for actually making tools rather than just adding their own logos.

Yet another progress update but this time including blu tac!

med_gallery_29004_10691_32730.jpg

med_gallery_29004_10691_37512.jpg

And the last bit of basing

med_gallery_29004_10691_64104.jpg

And now for the blu tac mock ups

med_gallery_29004_10691_39364.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10691_39450.jpg

Hope you like. Got to sort out magnets and how to attach the head the way I have it in mind ;)

Cheers for looking and C&C is always welcome :thanks: :tu:

Looking forward to see how the Lord turn out all finish.  What are your planning on doing painting wise?

Also if you read Black Library novels?  Should check out Talons of Horus & Khârn: Eater of Worlds for some III legion idea's.  I know I'm about to re-read Talons of Horus for idea/inspired from the Iron Warriors warbands for my Terminator unit I'm planning on adding.

Archived