Forté's Slaanesh minis. Inc. Divine Flayers.

Forté

Looking forward to see how the Lord turn out all finish. What are your planning on doing painting wise?

Also if you read Black Library novels? Should check out Talons of Horus & Khârn: Eater of Worlds for some III legion idea's. I know I'm about to re-read Talons of Horus for idea/inspired from the Iron Warriors warbands for my Terminator unit I'm planning on adding.

Cheers IP. So far I know the chest will be gold, but otherwise they'll be some turquoise, purple, and white used in places. Pretty much any colour is a possibility. The wings, I've not decided on a colour for those yet.

As for the books, maybe I'll see if there's an audio book for those ones as I rarely have the time to read.

Damn forte that lord is looking excellent (y) are those scourge wings?

Many thanks. And yes, those are scourge wings. You might want to have a hunt around and see what Flint did with three sets ;)

It's safe to say that I'm happy with my Divine flayers Chaos Lord (finally), so once all the green stuff is cured he'll get a spraying and go to one side till the E Tenebrae Lux begins on May 1st. Hope you like (or dispise) him.

gallery_29004_10691_14640.png

med_gallery_29004_10691_182918.jpg med_gallery_29004_10691_171350.jpg

med_gallery_29004_10691_192774.jpg med_gallery_29004_10691_178450.jpg

Hope everyone is gearing up for the ETL (well, unless you're not painting for Chaos that is ph34r.png ). I'm fairly sure this'll start me off with a 190point vow (unless I can add the Gift of Mutation but that's tricky with the WYSIWYG rule).

Look forward to seeing all the vows and creations over the next few months so may your brushes stay pointy and remember, C&C is alway welcome thanks.gifthumbsup.gif

Love the pose of the lord he looks fabulous dont ask me why but his ppse reminds me of the lord of change

Cheers. Don't worry though, his other loadout is a slight pose change ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally the ETL is upon us which means frantic building and painting from all. Well, almost all. Some of us take a bit longer on each model. Ok, ok. A lot longer.

So, as always, I've started on the base. Seems to be a ways round I like to work. Get the base done to set the scene and then paint the mini to add to it.

Here's where I've got to tonight.

med_gallery_29004_10691_22594.jpg

I've still to finish transfers and the add script and weathering to the wounded Templar. Then I have something else in mind to add but I'll get to that when the time is right.

I also made a start on the Lord's head. Or more to say, his skull.

med_gallery_29004_10691_46749.jpg

That has much more work to be done. Possibly try to get the idea of some exposed muscles and veins. We'll see though. Then it'll be the skin itself.

That's all so far but cheers for looking. Hope your vows are coming along as you intend.

Till next time :thanks: :tu:

Nice start so far man, can't wait to see the progress on this guy B) I like how you use the dark coloured Templar against (what I expect to be!) a sense searingly bright Lord. It will really set him off.

Good luck with the vow.

Nice start so far man, can't wait to see the progress on this guy B) I like how you use the dark coloured Templar against (what I expect to be!) a sense searingly bright Lord. It will really set him off.

Good luck with the vow.

Many thanks. And good luck with yours too :tu:

Unfortunately not happening this year for me; my Flesh Eaters stuff doesn't count (half painted Stormraven and 3 x drop pods) and until I finish them I am not letting myself get back to painting the Black Legion.

So going to have to be content spectating this year :)

sml_gallery_29004_10691_21466.jpg
So as you can see I've been working on the Lord's head for a few hours last night. All involved a lot of mixing paints and adding glazes to alter a few colours on areas. I'm tempted to change the eyes to chrome for some bizarre reason but who knows it I'll do it or not.
Here's a few other views too.

sml_gallery_29004_10691_17404.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_33215.jpg

sml_gallery_29004_10691_20692.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_15010.jpg

I've also finished the Templar and have poured some resin so it's now a case of trying to be patient as this stuff takes time to harden.

med_gallery_29004_10691_21194.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10691_78321.jpg

Hopefully it wont need too much sanding after but I'm expecting to have some work to do on it.

Soon I'll be onto the armour and wings (which it something I've not decided upon yet). Fingers crossed on those.

Cheers for popping in breifly, C&C always welcome. And I'll see you around the forum thanks.gifthumbsup.gif

I'm also out of likes.. ;)

This piece is really coming together, you have excellent flow in the greenstuff loincloth and the piece stuck to the pauldron, mind sharing your technique for that?

Looking forward to more, your painting on the head so far is awesome.

Well, a pretty unproductive week all in all. Hopefully this week will see more movement.

Base is finished after sanding the resin and giving it a bit of gloss varnish over the sanded parts. Think I should really pin the Lord in place too for added strength.

med_gallery_29004_10691_111944.jpg

As for the Lord himself, I've managed a couple of layers of a GW Hawk Turquoise/ P3 Coal Black mix for the base colour and washed it with a HT/ CB/ VMC Cavalry Brown/ Glaze Medium mix all over. I'll still go darker but that'll be in certain areas before working in some panel lining with Army Painter Dark Tone (which is a great replacement for Badab Black).

med_gallery_29004_10691_62634.jpg

Hopefully more to update soon but thanks for looking :thanks: :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm slowly getting there with my Lord though it's slow go as I'm being ultra fussy with this one.

The highlighting on the armour has begun and I still have three more colours to go through on that (so at least nine layers with mixes). The bronze and wings need highlights too. Speaking of the wings, I nearly stuffed them up with a purple wash as you can see here.

med_gallery_29004_10691_116136.jpg

Luckily instead of seeing if he can fly I downed tools for the night and tried again two days later and this is where he's at with the shading almost finished.

med_gallery_29004_10691_251142.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10691_104933.jpg

Next update very soon hopefully and fingers crossed I'll have time for a second vow.

C&C always welcome as ever :thanks: :tu:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, damnit Forte I hate you for your talent and paitience! tongue.png

Hehe, if only you knew some of the display plinth type stuff I have planned. Really trying to push myself and count myself lucky to have all sorts of people who help keep me motivated and inspired to go for that extra step. I just wish I could post them on B&C as the community is excellent.

Lord looking really cool.  How much more work have you got to go before the lord all finish?

Also meant to ask did you ever finish the Night Lord bust you done last year?  That look really cool & somthing I might try for myself as a cool little display.

Lord looking really cool. How much more work have you got to go before the lord all finish?

Approx...

• nine highlight stages on the turquoise
  • finish shading the highlight wings
  • paint weapons
  • shoulder trim
  • purple shoulders
  • main part of lightning claw. Not decided on this yet though
  • osl on plasma pistol
  • flayed face
  • other details (cloth, leg strap, etc)

Think that's about it..

Also meant to ask did you ever finish the Night Lord bust you done last year? That look really cool & somthing I might try for myself as a cool little display.

Still at the same stage. I tried Nuln Oil on it and it has a horrid finish. In fact I really should throw it in the bin (the Nuln not the NL). Also the stand wasn't going quite how I wanted it too so I may remove all the extras and keep it more basic. I'll start it again soon I think.

Yeah that looks Effing Fantastic sir!  I super dig the way the wings turned out with the darker shade.   The power claw also looks ridiculously wicked and tainted with the glory of Chaos (don't tell my GK brothers).   The dead Black Templar is a pretty classy touch too I might add.  Well played

-Brett

Man Forte, your work is always a real treat to look at and properly inspiringly. Really, really great stuff mate! B)

Dammit, now I want to crack on with my Black legion when I'm supposed to be painting sisters - why you do this to me forte! :lol:

Archived