Forté's Slaanesh minis. Inc. Divine Flayers.

Forté

He's obviously highly skilled and can use the weapon one handed msn-wink.gif

I'm amazed how a head swap really improves the miniature, I've never been that keen on that particular model but changing the head and the weapons really wins me over, nice work.

Cheers. The original look I don't mind but the axe and head just don't fit Slaanesh for me.

As for his weapon. Stabbing would be possible one handed like a spear or he can use it two handed like a katana.

It's looking like A has it so far.

Here's the other thing I'm wondering about. Couple of head options. Do I go for:

• Keep huge horn on the head
  • Remove the horn from the head and add a few more of the tentacles

Er, can we keep the horn AND add more tentacles?

Maybe have the tentacles stream behind him so it looks like he's running, since he's already angled forwards.

Er, can we keep the horn AND add more tentacles?

Maybe have the tentacles stream behind him so it looks like he's running, since he's already angled forwards.

Trust you to come up with that.

Definitely keep the Horn. It lends a very nice asymetry to the model, as the horn is on the same side as the spear.

Where would you be adding the tentacles?

Would be in the place the horn is to try and carry on the look the rest of the head has.

I don;t care if it's glued already. ;)

I'm all for option B too. To me the direction the tassel is weaving doesn't seem to be in sync with his movement and the shield looks more brutal turned around. 

Concerning the head: keep it as is - or possible do kilofix's suggestion and add tentacles. But definitely keep the horn.

I don't care if it's glued already. ;)

I should have been more specific.

It's glued with poly cement and a grip has been added on too. Point taken on the tassel though. It may vanish.

Haha well poly cement basically makes it an immovable object, so point taken on that. ;) I was thinking: perhaps if you cut it off and turn it counter clockwise 90 degrees (seen from above) it might work. Also, on second thought this is a Slaaneshi model - perhaps I envisioned the shield turned 90 degrees clockwise a little too brutal and this is a better pose for him. 

All in all I'm already looking forward to what will most assuredly be another splendid Forte mini. 

Seems like my post was eaten some time ago, I 'voted' for option A as well, so it is fine that you glued it. ;) looking forward to seeing more, I'm unsure on how I should paint mine up, contemplating facepaint fight now.

Cheers Slaanbull. Look forward to seeing yours too if it's to fit with your warband.

Glad to hear Brother Arkley. And I know what you mean about Tzen's stuff.

Cheers Slaanbull. Look forward to seeing yours too if it's to fit with your warband.

Glad to hear Brother Arkley. And I know what you mean about Tzen's stuff.

He paints Word Bearers, his thread is in WIP. I really didnt like WBs till I seen his stuff.

Have a look through the Chaos Resources topic. There's a fair few inspirational member projects there (which barely scratches the surface) and some truly amazing stuff too.

Champion for Daemon force is looking cool. You where commented a while back about needing a Lord for your warband :D

That one will be based on the jump pack Chaplain ;)

Fun fact: because I was one of the few people willing to stay up late for Jeremy's late-night design sessions on the Plague Angel and Maggot Daemon, I was able to have a large say on several of the final products, such as the look of the heads for both models.

In fact, the Maggot Daemon's plague-marine style Flail Censer/Lantern was my idea! It will be so cool to own a beautiful model that I helped in small part to shape.

I've just seen the Plague Angel sculpt and went to triple check I ordered it... delight.

I can't wait to see what you and Forte do with these monsters when they come in. They're going to look absolutely glorious.

It'll be a race to see who can finish the model for Daemon Forge too :P

Archived