Forté's Slaanesh minis. Inc. Divine Flayers.

Forté

Kicking this post off with a suggestion by KrautScientist regarding the Daemon Prince hands/ weapons. Here's the sword/ talon option:

med_gallery_29004_9973_155766.jpg

I'm actually tempted on this one.

Now for the main reason for posting today. Noise Marines! I've started assembly thanks to the amazing thing known as Blu Tac wub.png

med_gallery_29004_9974_39610.jpg

Champion & Chainsword wielders

med_gallery_29004_9974_163623.jpg

Blastmaster & Bolter/ Sonic Blaster wielders

med_gallery_29004_9974_58065.jpg

Bases! Because I like to finish them first.

Sorry for the picture quality but it gives the idea of where they're headed. Green stuffing needs doing, including extra detailing (some flayed flesh possibly). Extra rivets added in places using beads. A couple of hair pieces. Holstered Bolt Pistols and sheaved CCW for those without chainswords. Finish up the Blastmaster. Magnetise the Bolters and make Sonic Blasters. Then prime. Not much to do before painting really...

As always, C&C is welcomed. Thanks for stopping by thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

Forte its to late for me to check but where did you explain how you made your noise marine weapons?

Not at all. It's in my "work in progress" thread (click on the image in my signature). Not sure which page though. I'll see if I can turn the pictures I have into a tutorial at some point.

I need to get more Raptor bits. Friend of mine keeps saying he has a bag of loyalist bits to ship me, but he keeps forgetting to send it.

Chase your friend up. Those Imperial bits are excellent for adding your own details on. I love the Raptor pads and weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found a bit of time to play with some bits of plastic.

Well, the Noise Marines are just missing some green stuff details. Flayed faces/skin and maybe some loin cloths (silk, leather, skin...).

med_gallery_29004_9974_135311.jpg

Not the best pic I know but you get the idea really.

Will be going for the two spray prime on these. First black then a zenithal white for those bright colours. Plenty of payying with washes I reckon.

I've also made a start on the Chaos Spawn but ran out of time due to the two year old deciding he has napped for long enough.

med_gallery_29004_9975_47334.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9975_310531.jpg

This has loads to add. green stuff mouth around those tentacles, various arms, horns, tentacles, face on the end of the tail, and see what else I find.

This will also get the two stage primer once ready as I'm going for glazing to get as strange a look as I can (if you remember my Raptors claw).

That's it for this instalment so hopefully it won't be so long till the next one.

Cheers for looking and as always, C&C is very welcome :thanks: :tu:

That sonic weaponry is awesome! Keep up the good work.

Still a bit of work to do on that but thank you thumbsup.gif

Mind if i borrow you're idea? I have some few plasma cannons laying around just waiting to be converted for my "noise marines" now
Please do. This is a hobby of sharing.

Been playing with more bits and glue on the Slaanesh Chaos Spawn. Still plenty more to do including a bit of sculpting work (and I have a fancy little tentacle/ cable maker on order so will want to have a play with that too).

Here it is so far.

med_gallery_29004_9975_42128.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9975_98292.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9975_10099.jpg

I'm undecided on whether to just fill in the holes in the carapace or to add some fleshy things to them. Blu tac time me thinks.

Thank you for stopping by and till next time, feel free to add your C&C :thanks: :tu:

forte, it's always good to come back to this thread. The stuff you have on displace is very inspiring and I absolutely love it. I think you're totally nailing the Slaaneshi look and feel of things here. I salute you.

The Tyranid legs work really well together with the Pain Engine torso. It looks very much like a Slaaneshi Spawn. I'm wondering though: have you tried a set of lighter tentacles for its front? It might just be the angle of your shots, but I'm not quite sure if there isn't a bit too much weight on that part of the model? If you're getting a tentacle maker – which is awesome, I can't imagine my hobby life without one any more –, you might want to try sculpting lighter (thinner) but more tentacles? ... From that point of view I also think I'd just fill the holes in its carapace, but maybe that's just me.

I cant' wait to see how this is developing. I'll check back regularly. :)

@Kythnos. The more I look at it the more I'm tempted to keep a nice smooth carapace. Maybe gloss varnish it too. Keep the fleshy stuff bellow.

@Brother Kortmer. I'm sold on the large tentacles coming out of the front but I'll be trying to add a fleshy type mouth around it. Almost like it shoots them out somehow (yes, I've watched too many episodes of The Strain). But I do plan on adding some smaller and thinner ones in other places too. The tantacle maker I've gone for is from Spain (Green Stuff World) as it works out cheaper for me in the UK. But also, the plates can be set at 45° to the guides for more options. Can you tell I'm looking forward to having a play ;)

Thank you to everyone who reads through my waffling too. Even if you just lurk. I find myself that inspiration and motivation comes to me from seeing others models and posts so hopefully my slight madness passes that on to others too :tu:

How about simply painting the holes on the back as fleshy orifices? Hard carapace atop but look inside and there's a meaty sphincter.

Could even have some kind of fluid dribbling down the sides. Just got to be careful it doesn't turn out Nurgleish.

Archived