Forté's Slaanesh minis. Inc. Divine Flayers.

Forté

Chrome dipped marine is still my favorite, but the pastel guy is definitely getting up there now too. 

Especially now that his colors are deeper. Totally looks like he has painted his armor in different flavo(u)rs of fruit sherbet ^_^

Very nice!

What are you using for the the green and pink?

The green is VMC Fluorescent Green. Pink is the old GW Tentacle Pink. White primer. Both built up in multiple layers. Green had a thinned Thrakka Green wash and pink was a thinned Leviathan Purple wash. The armour wash painted into armour plate joins. Both were highlighted with multiple thin layers of VMA white.

• 4 weeks later...

That blastmaster looks amazing. I can't wait to see more.

More WIP pics! Slaanesh demands you work until your fingers are but nubs!

BUTNUBS >.< PMSL!!!!

AHEM. Yeah I thought I'd have a look at your raptors again, got painters blockk with ya SS mini, been sat here staring at it for days and not even opened a pot of pant. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well then. First bit of painting for 2015 and I've finished the first two of my Noise Marine squad. Not as bright as I originally had in mind but there's still four more to go.

med_gallery_29004_9974_155647.jpg

Decided to try out the Nuln Oil by slapping it over the Chaos Spawn to give it a base for other wash colours. Though I have to say, I'm not impressed by it and still prefer the old Badab Black. Oh well, here it is.

med_gallery_29004_9975_203990.jpg

Well thanks for looking and hopefully they'll be more soon. May your paints stay wet and brushes stay pointy :thanks: :tu:

Looking cool Forte. What have you still got left to paint for Call of Chaos? Any units & models your wanting to add after Call of Chaos?

I still have four Noise Marines and the Spawn to paint for the CoC vow, so I'll be missing the deadline for that. Other than that I need to add a Lord (winged to go with the Raptors), and some Cultists as a second troop selection. I have other bits in mind too like a Vindicator, but maybe I'll save all those for the ETL and work on something completely different for a little while to avoid burnout (which is nearly here).

I'm sorta curious as to what devious plans you have for a winged chaos lord :D

Well, he is the master of the Divine Flayers and I've always had this image in my head where the skin on his head is attached to something that pulls it as he moves. Can't decide on weapons though. Fistyclaws of Blade of the Relentless are the main two really. And he's wearing Daemonheart.

Basically I'll really have to push myself as he needs to be more impressive than the Sorcerer.

I like everything about your army. It's great that you have equal ability with converting, sculpting, and painting. Can't wait to see the whole army painted and ready to play.

Thank you and neither can I. Hope you're patient though. And as soon as Mr Pincer arrives I'll be dropping whatever I'm working on for that Creature Caster monster.

I destroyed my savings by getting the Vulture Daemon, Spider Daemon, Plague Angel, Maggot Daemon, Zombie Dragon, and Possessed Dragon!

Commitment! I can't remember which Plague thing I went for - one or t'other. Hoping they'll be delivered at some point soon... 

Fun fact: because I was one of the few people willing to stay up late for Jeremy's late-night design sessions on the Plague Angel and Maggot Daemon, I was able to have a large say on several of the final products, such as the look of the heads for both models.

In fact, the Maggot Daemon's plague-marine style Flail Censer/Lantern was my idea! It will be so cool to own a beautiful model that I helped in small part to shape.

• 2 months later...

Yes...it's been a fair while and yes I have got distracted from the Night Lord mini-bust but I fell foul to the lure of Leonardo (which I really should create a post on my blog about). Anywho, back to why I'm finally posting something in Power Armour...Daemon Forge!

Let me explain a little. Daemon Forge is a monthly hobby challenge headed up by Insane Psychopath in the Chaos Forum and this month the challenge is to paint the plastic clam pack Chaos Champion. In anyway you want and as converted as you wish. Sounds fun really so here we go.

med_gallery_29004_10556_457732.jpg

Will test fit the small shield with blu tac. Think a smaller shield shows more skill and arrogance befitting a Slaanesh follower. As for colours, well, here's the idea. How would an Iron Warrior look as a recent follower of Slaanesh and member of the Divine Flayers? That's the plan at least.

So cheers for popping in. More updates soon and may your brushes stay pointy and your paint do what you wish it too :thanks: :tu:

Time for the obligatory blu tac shots and decision time.

Here's option A keeping the tassel on the shield and removing the dagger.

med_gallery_29004_10556_51243.jpg

Or, option B. Remove the tassel, rotate the shield for a buckler look and keep the dagger.

med_gallery_29004_10556_45228.jpg

Let me know what you think please. Many thanks :tu:

I like the 'A' option better. Although I think the 'B' option would look better if he had a Bolt Pistol.

Cheers. He already has a holstered pistol on his hip but I know where you're coming from.

Archived