Thousand Sons - Those Once Loyal - Contemptor Dread WIP

Aasfresser

Hot damn, now that's a Sorcerer's Coven! :drool: Do they have names? With models this full of character I feel they should have names, maybe even complete, individual backstories! :biggrin.:

These conversions are fantastic, my favourite is definitely the Mk.2 Sorcerer, that helmet just works so well with the Prosperen crest! I wonder if it works as well with the Mk.3? *hint hint* :wink::tongue.:

That said, the most impressive conversion is definitely the Sorcerer with the Axe, I cannot imagine how much skill and work it must have taken to combine that retro Thousand Son model with the Dark Vengeance Librarian and have it come out looking that good. :happy.:

Seeing as there's five of them I have to ask, are they members of the TS cults? I could certainly see the guy in the center being a Pyrae Sorcerer, and I imagine the co-ordination granted by the Telepathy of the Athanaeans would make the Havoc-Sorcerer and his squad exceedingly lethal... :devil:

So, not to sound ungrateful of anything but, uh... When's the next one coming? :laugh.:

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

Hot damn, now that's a Sorcerer's Coven! :drool: Do they have names? With models this full of character I feel they should have names, maybe even complete, individual backstories! :biggrin.:

These conversions are fantastic, my favourite is definitely the Mk.2 Sorcerer, that helmet just works so well with the Prosperen crest! I wonder if it works as well with the Mk.3? *hint hint* :wink::tongue.:

That said, the most impressive conversion is definitely the Sorcerer with the Axe, I cannot imagine how much skill and work it must have taken to combine that retro Thousand Son model with the Dark Vengeance Librarian and have it come out looking that good. :happy.:

Seeing as there's five of them I have to ask, are they members of the TS cults? I could certainly see the guy in the center being a Pyrae Sorcerer, and I imagine the co-ordination granted by the Telepathy of the Athanaeans would make the Havoc-Sorcerer and his squad exceedingly lethal... :devil:

So, not to sound ungrateful of anything but, uh... When's the next one coming? :laugh.:

Thank you! So, yes, some of them have already names, but I'm always changing them and their backstories and their former positions back in the good ole' time in their cults before the Heresy. With one guy I'm pretty certain, the DV-axe-Sorcerer is a former Raptora cult member. At some point in time I will finally post them here.

Yeah, I like how the MK II helmet works with the crests, unfortunately I have no money to experiment with MK III at this moment. Maybe around November. Regarding the Dark Vengeance Librarian: that was in all honesty a rather quick and dirty conversion. I used the dead Thousand Son torso from the Wolflord on Thunderwolf Resin-Kit and chopped pieces of the DV Libi of and rasped here and there. The real cumbersome conversion was the other sorcerer based on the rather new plastic librarian with force staff. I first hat to prepare the original Thousand Sons aspiring Sorcerer. To cut him into pieces and then make them fit was horrible. And I don't want to imagine how hard it would have been to do the same to a metal version of the aspiring Sorcerer. And yes, there will come more, but I don't know when I'll have the time to paint again. First some Rubricae, then maybe the cybot or the jet-bike.

I really should look at your stuff more often. Easily on the short list for best TSons I've ever seen.

Well many thanks, forte! 

Dude! These Sons are awesome! The Sorcerer converted from the plastic librarian is a particular favourite :smile.:

Many thanks! Nice to hear you like them. I really enjoy your Scarab Occult and hope there will be more soon ;)

That sweet Black Legion Champion is just yet another reason why I need to get my hands on the Forsaken box...

Yes, some of those bitz are perfect for 40k. But it's overpriced.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a look though the whole topic, really great Thasound Son army you got Aasfresser.  I agree about Ahriman, still rememeber the model being release when I started the hobby & loss count amount of great sorcerer conversion I've seen useing him as the base during the past 18 year now.

IP

• 1 month later...

Just had a look though the whole topic, really great Thasound Son army you got Aasfresser.  I agree about Ahriman, still rememeber the model being release when I started the hobby & loss count amount of great sorcerer conversion I've seen useing him as the base during the past 18 year now.

IP

Thanks a lot! Its always nice to get positive feedback from somebody with an awesome army like yours! I really enjoy your IW, srsly.

I feel guilty it has taken me until now to see this thread.

You've breathed new life into the T-Sons. Brilliant work.

Thank you and don't worry, TS tend to be overlooked. That's all part of the great scheme!

Oh, my God. That coven...

Thanks a lot! Can't wait for my copy of Talon of Horus. Heard there is a former TS involved *drool*

Any advice foe getting the Rubric crests on older armour marks? Also really nice Ahriman, though like all your stuff makes me want to strip my own and repaint them for the second time.

Any plans for rubric Terminators?

Thanks! Yes, Rubric Terminators are planed, but there is no money for the money-god left at the moment. I want Cataphractii-Rrubric-Terminators...

Next time I put some crests on another helmet-type, I'll make some pictures of the process.

And now a family picture of the whole bunch including uncle Ahriman!

Coven of Ahriman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not 100% satisfied with the Jetbike dude as a Lord so I thought lets buy some Bitz worthy of a Sorcerer Lord of the Thousand Sons. After fiddling around with some Biker Legs and the Jetbike I gave up and came up with that:

Lord on Disc of Tzeentch WIP front2

Lord on Disc of Tzeentch WIP front1

Lord on Disc of Tzeentch WIP back

Lord on Disc of Tzeentch WIP left

Lord on Disc of Tzeentch WIP right

He is NOT finished yet. I'm still looking for a suitable loin-cloth-thingy but everything I tried so far looks to stiff and undynamic. Any ideas? Please?
What do you think? Looks more like a Sorcerer Lord blessed by Tzeentch.

Im normally not wowed by TS but you have wowed me!

I am also now slapping myself on how obvious and awesome the winged chestpiece is just by a simple paint job. Now im conflicted to if I need to wait for Pre Heresy TS to do a small force.

Wow...just wow.

Thank you very much, forte!

Sorcerer Lord on Disc of Tzeentch? Hah! Looks more like he skipped the Sorcerer Lord stage and skipped straight to Daemon Prince! :biggrin.:

Thanks! Still needs a loin cloth, though.

Very impressive indeed!

I think it'd anchor the chain at two points, either side of the book. Could you try that?

Yeah, when he's finished I'll do that! Thanks!

where is that disk from??????

It's from the Burning Chariot of Tzeentch Kit. A must have for all Tzeentch CSM players.

These are incredible! You have inspired me to get back to my thousand sons project (though I don't think they will ever be this standard). Fantastic work.

DO IT!

I've seen Sorcerer Obliderators before, but the conversions weren't on par with these ones. Perhaps you could take this idea and run with it? Tzeentch Obliderators aren't bad on the tabletop either.

I have something different planned as Oblits. I simply don't like the sorcerer count-as-obliterator thing. Great plans slumber in my mind, just need the 60€ for centurions....

Im normally not wowed by TS but you have wowed me!

I am also now slapping myself on how obvious and awesome the winged chestpiece is just by a simple paint job. Now im conflicted to if I need to wait for Pre Heresy TS to do a small force.

Thanks! Always nice to hear a skeptic appreciate my Thousand Sons :) 

Just do both, thats what I'm going to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Really great to see some brillaint new models added to your Thasound Son's warband.  Arkhan the black model tie in really well with the Thasound Sons conversion.

Wowzers! This is the first I've seen of your army mate and its absolutely fantastic! Really inspiring work.

Well thank you both! I'm always motivated and inspired by your projects, its nice to get so much positive feedback from people whose work I like :)

A small update:

There is a small competition going on initiated by SlaveToDarkness.

And here are some WiP pictures of my first spawn for the competition:

Early WiP stage:

TS spawn1

TS spawn2

TS spawn3

Nearly finished:

TS-Spawn WiP front

TS-Spawn WiP top view

TS-Spawn WiP back