Thousand Sons - Those Once Loyal - Contemptor Dread WIP

Aasfresser

Loving the other guys as well, though Thousand Sons will always be my favorites... :biggrin.:

The little Night Goblin turned out well!

Thank you. May be I'll add some more to this little fella, but I fear they would look too much alike. 

That jetbike/Disc is awesome, I live how you post that and then go 'Oh, I don't think I'm that good at converting models'. You are wrong on several level there.

Any plans to stick any of these guys in to the ETL? Especially the jetbike? Not gonna lie, I want to see paint on that so bad.

Dragonlover

Which jetbike do you mean? The guy on disc? I still need to find some fitting and dynamic loin-cloth-thingy.

I really considered it, but I first want to finish my TS dread. Unfortunately the legs where already painted when ETL started. But I plan to throw in one of my sorcerers into the race as soon as the dread is done. 

Wow your thousand sons continue to impress me well done

Thank you! When I have 10 IW I'll start painting some Sons again. At the moment the IW are such fun to paint.

Don't leave it that long! IWs can look after themselves, loads of people like them anyway.

Edited by Thousand Eyes

Thank you guys!

I will vow something, just wait. Everything is just as planed.

Cataphractii/Tartaros Sorceror plz?

http://media2.giphy.com/media/ZyNQFqZLFUhr2/200w.gif

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

• 3 weeks later...

So, I vowed my first time ever vow for ETL. Hope I'll make it. Damned Pillars of Eternity...

I, Aasfresser, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

• 1 Thousand Sons Sorcerer with Mark of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, Sigil of Corruption, Force Axe and ML3 and VotlW ->170P
  • 1 Squad of 5 Black Legion Chosen with 4 Plasma Guns, VotlW, including one Champion with Combi-Plasma Gun and Lightning Claw -> 185P

of a total value of  355 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos in general and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Good luck with your vow :thumbsup:

May I ask a question about your Havocs? I wondered how easy it was to get the autocannon ammo boxes to fit the CSM backpacks?

Thanks!

As far as I remember it it was rather straight forward. The only thing that was kind of a pain was the ammo, but a short bath in hot water fixed everything. 

I can try to make a picture of a spare autocannon and a CSM backpack.

Thanks for the info. :)

I actually have CSM and the FW autocannons but haven't yet put any together. I thought I'd seek the advice of those who have, first.

I did hear it's easiest to use the CSM arms with the arrows on the gauntlets, but you used other arms if I remember correctly?

Hm... I used mostly FW arms. Only in one case I had to use GW arms, have to check witch pair. Can't tell from the picture, because I tend to cut the misscast arrows and trims of the crappy and old GW stuff.

Will check when I'm home again.

But for most purposes I'd always choose the pair with the little skull on them. They give a nice relaxed but advancing pose. Should be the best for the autocannons.

Edited by Aasfresser

After the cutting and scraping it's hard to tell whih CSM arms I used. But it looks like the ones you mentioned, the ones with the little arrows, not the ones with the spikes on their hands.

I managed to build 4 of the 5 pledged chosen. Hope you like them so far.

I still have to change some things, i.e. the combi-plasma gun.

Black Legion 4 Chosen

Chosen Group shot

Aspiring Champion/Sorcerer of Chsos Black Legion

Aspiring Champion/Sorcerer

First Black Legion Chosen /w Plasma Gun

First Chosen

Second Black Legion Chosen /w Plasma Gun

Second Chosen

Third Black Legion Chosen /w Plasma Gun

Third Chosen
Edited by Aasfresser

After the cutting and scraping it's hard to tell whih CSM arms I used. But it looks like the ones you mentioned, the ones with the little arrows, not the ones with the spikes on their hands.

Due to available options for me a lot of my Thousand Sons have regular SM arms and even some shoulder pads. But I am hoping the effect still comes through.