Thousand Sons - Those Once Loyal - Contemptor Dread WIP

Aasfresser

Grr, I'm still sooooo envious of those backpacks! I despise the thief that stole all mine!!!

He looks awesome btw, they all do!

Thank you! Those backpacks still look good on the new CSM/DV-CSM. I really hope they will redo them in some way.

Dude your new ETL marines are rocking hard, and your 'old' stuff has made my thousand sons inspiration go rampant.

That's it. My second vow will include Ahriman. Thanks a lot, you jerk! :wink:

Thank you Augustus! I'm really looking forward to see your Ahriman. Just as planned...

Really great TS, I love the conversions.  Keep it up!

Thank's! After the Chosen Squad I think I'll pledge another Sorcerer and a TS-Squad.

And the asp. Champ is done.

Loving the blue on this guys cloak, how clean and bold it looks clashes in a cool way with how war torn the rest of the models are.

Thank you!

And here they are, all 5 of them. I forgot to make pictures of Nr. 4 (the chainsword dude).

Black Legion Sons of the Cyclops Chosen /w Plasma Guns

And some single pictures of number 5.

Black Legion Sons of the Cyclops Chosen 5 right

Black Legion Sons of the Cyclops Chosen 5 left

Black Legion Sons of the Cyclops Chosen 5 back

Now of to the sorcerer to finish my first ETL vow.

Chosen models are look cool.  Will you be replace all the base on your models with the 32mm?

Thanks! I'm glad I finally finished them. I think I will put every W4 power armor model on a 32mm base. They simply look so much nicer. 

Thanks! I'm glad I finally finished them. I think I will put every W4 power armor model on a 32mm base. They simply look so much nicer. 

Personally I am not sure I could go back through my lot and do that. Although my Ahriman came with the bigger base and it looks cool and stand out because of that.

Thank you all!

I had to proof myself that I still can paint blue. And I think it still works :)

The Sorcerer is part of my first vow.

Thousand Sons Sorcerer /w Axe Wip 1

Thousand Sons Sorcerer /w Axe Wip 2

To do:
- cloth
- lenses
- red gems and details
- brown holster
- yellow stripes on head and yellow triangles on weapon
- freehands
- base
- cherub with scroll

Oh your god...

And this guy waits for some freehands and weathering since end of may...

Thousand Sons Dreadnaught WiP

I especially love the Chosen with the bald head and the horned backpack. His pose isn't too dynamic or overstated, and combined with the more subdued paint scheme gives him an air of menace that just works. Well done man, well done.

I especially love the Chosen with the bald head and the horned backpack. His pose isn't too dynamic or overstated, and combined with the more subdued paint scheme gives him an air of menace that just works. Well done man, well done.

Thanks! That's what I was going for! That guy means business.

Liking the dread there. Sadly I only have hellbrutes, just not the same.

Simply take a loyalist Ven. Dread and convert it. That's what I did.

Both the Sorcerer & Chaos Dreadnought are looking really cool :biggrin.:  Have you though of take a overall photo of your army soon?

Thanks IP. Yes there will be an overall picture taken after I finish my vow. 

Great looking thousand sons dude

Vielen Dank :)

So after I couldn't sleep for most of the last night, I had to build something. That guy is supposed to be a member of "The Scourged", a tzeentchian Renegade Chapter. They were once "The Seekers of Truth", a Loyalist Chapter heavily employed by the Inquisition mostly to get rid of civilians. Now the found the "truth" with a little help of Tzeentch (they are said to be able to hear every lie spoken by mankind). Now free and open minded (and a little bit insane) they offered their service to Ahriman. After they turned they kept most of their occult trinkets and added Chaos and tzeentchian stuff.  

And to be clear: I know the Scourged are not renegade Grey Knights... But I like the look of renegade Grey Knights. They will be build and played after Codex CSM.

I hope you like this guy so far. There is some GS work to do and some more up-trinket-ing. He will be part of a 5 man Chosen-Squad with flamers.

The Scourged test mini Chosen /w Flamer

Does he work for you? Any suggestions?

Fantastic work there. I had been thinking there was something really lacking from the sorcerer but the cherub pulls it all together. It changes the look of the entire pose.

I can only hope my Thousand Sons come out half as well.

Fantastic work there. I had been thinking there was something really lacking from the sorcerer but the cherub pulls it all together. It changes the look of the entire pose.

I can only hope my Thousand Sons come out half as well.

Thanks! It's really only a practice thing. Yours will look nice as well. My first TS were a train wreck, so you don't have to worry :)

And it's re-vow time.

I, Aasfresser, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

• 1 Thousand Sons Sorcerer with Mark of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, Sigil of Corruption, Meltabombs, Forcesword, Power Sword, ML3 and VotlW ->190P
  • 1 Squad of 5 Thousand Sons with Aspiring Sorcerer with Meltabombs -> 155P

of a total value of 345 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Thousand Sons, Tzeentch and Chaos in general and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before-pictures of the TS will follow.

Sanakht conversion WiP front

Sanakht conversion back

One can never ever have enough Sorcerers. Never.

There's already an awesome Formation in the Apocalypse book with Ahriman (or any other lvl 3 sorcerer), that can sacrifice a sorcerer for a 5" scattering Vortex field anywhere in sight. It's pretty awesome.

What's even more awesome is your sorcerer. You really make me want to go back to my Thousand Sons and add some sorcerers. The inspirational juices are flowing, so to speak. ;)

You'll indeed be ready if we get a sorcerer's conclave in the future codex, haha :biggrin.:

Yeah.. unfortunately all we get next week is some xenos jetbike amry-box. Yay... But a CSM sorcerer coven/conclave would only harness warpcharges on 5+, because of the special rule "Change brings Confusion"... or some crap like that.

There's already an awesome Formation in the Apocalypse book with Ahriman (or any other lvl 3 sorcerer), that can sacrifice a sorcerer for a 5" scattering Vortex field anywhere in sight. It's pretty awesome.

What's even more awesome is your sorcerer. You really make me want to go back to my Thousand Sons and add some sorcerers. The inspirational juices are flowing, so to speak. :wink:

But Apo Formations aren't allowed in normal 40K, or are they?

And yes, you need more sorcerers. You will never have enough sorcerers. I know what I'm talking about. And I'm very flattered that you like my Ts so much. I'm glad someone gets inspired by my work. Usually it's the other way, I get inspired by others :)

I'm glad someone gets inspired by my work. Usually it's the other way, I get inspired by others :smile.:

Then be more glad, I am inspired by your stuff. I look through it regular enough and am trying to find an extra autocannon somewhere for a havoc squad because of it. I have three from some Imperial guard heavy weapon teams that weren't paying enough attention ;)