E Company of the 7th Levalloisian Life guards WIP

our_baz
Go to solution Solved by our_baz,

Through a twist of fate, got a cheeky couple of hours in today. Got most colours down, then realised I used the wrong blue for the commissar, on my previous I used an really old bottle of deadly nightshade which gives a slightly glossy end product rather than the flat I've got here Edited by our_baz

Completed commissar for ETL vow, added a photo of the current commissars in the Life guards, in daylight as the desk lamps were making them look darker than they are. You can also see the difference between the two blues I used in the light.

gallery_72518_9307_331391.jpg

Edited by our_baz

UPDATE: final four here we go. White done, applying rest of base colours not the neatest work I've ever done put gratifyingly quick progress.

Mind also wandering to second vow options:

10 scions new paint scheme, different to my normal could be quick to paint. Could also drop to 5 man squad.

PCS in ceremonial uniform (mordian models)

CCS in combat uniform (Cadian models)

Thoughts from the barracks?

gallery_72518_9307_428159.jpg

Edited by our_baz

UPDATE: hoping to have these guys done by Sunday. Another colour added to the list that hate using drawf flesh. As you can see, skin bar highlights done. Silver laid down and muddied up with agrax. Also started weathering on tracks.

gallery_72518_9307_233466.jpg

Edited by our_baz

They are massive models, I underestimated the work required a bit for mine so it must be that much worse when doing lots. However it is all clearly worth it as you've created a colour scheme that fits in neatly with your army so they're going to be a great feature to any battlefield :) What are the next projects you have in mind? I've got a few ideas for after the ETL but I've not decided yet.

They are massive models, I underestimated the work required a bit for mine so it must be that much worse when doing lots. However it is all clearly worth it as you've created a colour scheme that fits in neatly with your army so they're going to be a great feature to any battlefield :) What are the next projects you have in mind? I've got a few ideas for after the ETL but I've not decided yet.

Current itch is ETL related got an design idea for a scion squad I want to try. Plus my ceremonial life guards need some love. Plus some PA based ideas running around my head!

But must get these brutes done first.

UPDATE: These guys are great fun to paint but soooo big. Seems like its taking forever. Silver done, tracks need quick ironbreaker drybrush, skin still needs highlighting. Started putting the blood red down, haven't got as far as the bone 'ead yet, eyes failing for the night. Tomorrow is another day!

gallery_72518_9307_934.jpg

No visual update tonight. Bodies finished on slab shield wielding bullgryns. Said shields now attached and base red applied. Bone 'ead just has highlighting and brute shield painting. Oh and forgot bases! Think Sunday completion is still on. Thanks for all the encouragement guys.

I also use white for the cloth of my infantry uniforms, and I am curious what you use to wash or give depth to yours? Someone told me a mix of 1 part nuln oil : 2 parts water would work, but how about you?

Fortress grey base, followed by dry brush of white scar to help pick out the depth. The thin coats of white keeping grey in the recesses.

Either I don't have the right brushes, or I am just retarded, but I have never been able to figure out how to properly drybrush :unsure:

I used a citadel medium on the bullgryns, and an army painter small on my grunts. Best advice I can give is apply paint to tip of brush then remove ~99% of the paint on kitchen towel. Then brush over model at 90 degrees to any crevices.

#Update# Warning Image Heavy

Complete test model for Scions for ETL vow. The face hasn't come out as hoped, I was a little impatent when applying my glaze over the wash I wasnt dry. Wont maek that mistake next time. Just need to give these guys a regiment name.

gallery_72518_9307_493712.jpg

Also here are photos of the Ogryns/Bullgryns I've done for the ETL in daylight as promised.

gallery_72518_9307_371035.jpg

gallery_72518_9307_1329301.jpg

gallery_72518_9307_846291.jpg

gallery_72518_9307_893453.jpg

gallery_72518_9307_1523544.jpg

gallery_72518_9307_1241164.jpg

Edited by our_baz