E Company of the 7th Levalloisian Life guards WIP

our_baz
Go to solution Solved by our_baz,

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys.

Had a really productive weekend painting.....unfortunately it was the bathroom (maybe I should vowed that for the Campaign as a Fortification.....the company latrine)....anyway I digress. Progress on my second vow has been slower than I wanted. I have finished a test model for the Psykers. As a rule I like to compartmentalize the different units of my army by colour but still have them tied in to the rank and file with certain contrast colours. Rank and file Red/White, Priest brown/red, Commissars Navy Blue/Red, Spec Ops Black/red, Psykers Blue/Red/White. I wanted my wyrdvane psykers to follow the same idea Blue/red/white, but I didnt want them to be the same blue as the primaris because lets face it their not that important and given half a chance they would be used as fuel for the Golden throne. So I think I'm going to go with lighter blue. See what you think. Concern is my Psykers look like Cpt America...

gallery_72518_9307_199405.jpg

gallery_72518_9307_197978.jpg

tried a blue wash on another model tonight, it drops the blue in tone WF as you described, but brings the colour basically the same as my primaris. And I kind of want the robe colour to designate a rank of sorts...prob should of gone with cyan as guillloom suggested.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vow complete for assault on Lutum phase 3.

gallery_72518_9307_365880.jpg

Below is a shot of my psyker evolution within the life guards (from right to left). The design idea was that the more formidable the psyker the darker the robes.

gallery_72518_9307_378195.jpg

Any thoughts welcome

Coming next Army Shot....

• 1 month later...

Spot of house cleaning. Clearing my paint queue prior to ETL, this guy was another rescue model from my parents loft. Here's a progress shot of one of my current projects. I've taken inspiration from a character in a up coming movie for this fella (gold stars if know).

gallery_72518_9307_37238.jpg

Edit: Should I be posting this guy here mods? If not melta with extreme prejudice. And my apologies.

Edited by our_baz

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks WF. The yellow is rather flat. Its a little better to the eye, there is a thin lighter yellow there. Would a wash in the recesses work better to give the depth rather than a white dot?

I know well the camera's lies, if only the pictures made the model look better than it does in real life... :lol: I think a bit of a wash for the corners would give it more definition, plus a gloss varnish always looks nice (though cameras tend not to show that either).

• 5 weeks later...