Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

hehe, they won't help you :tongue.:

you know ... Samus is here >.> Samus is the sister next to you! :> (in case you think it now, no, i haven't ordered Samus yet - but another Daemonprince of Khorne :tongue.:)

I don't know much about Samus, and since he looks like a skaven gave birth to a pitbull and then dumped it a vat of Forced Evolutionary Virus, I don't want to know more. :tongue.:

Playing with Oil Paint

med_gallery_79873_10492_123302.jpg

from another perspective with different lightning ^^

med_gallery_79873_11210_328356.jpg

i'm pretty happy :happy.: it needs some silver sponge touch-ups on the metal parts though - and the gold trim looks like the metal in the picture, but in real you see a difference (but yeah, i need to find a solution for this - maybe don't use the oil paint for the gold?) :tongue.:

what do you guys and girls think? would that colour be ok for Iron Warriors?

and an Herald spawned from the warp :tongue.:

med_gallery_79873_10492_138850.jpg

Did you say vallejo has two types of blood technical? I'm gonna be all over that like a flannel!

yep, 72.132 Fresh Blood and 72.133 Dried Blood :happy.:

Hidden Content
sml_gallery_79873_11210_36398.jpg
gallery_79873_11210_3986.jpg

Ooooooo gonna get me some :biggrin.: thanks Atia

:biggrin.: no big deal^^

Really nice work on the Daemon. I like the red skin the most especially with the highlights. :smile.:

thanks Kriegsmacht!

hehe, they won't help you :tongue.:

you know ... Samus is here >.> Samus is the sister next to you! :> (in case you think it now, no, i haven't ordered Samus yet - but another Daemonprince of Khorne :tongue.:)

I don't know much about Samus, and since he looks like a skaven gave birth to a pitbull and then dumped it a vat of Forced Evolutionary Virus, I don't want to know more. :tongue.:

hehe, Samus is cute, isn't he? :wub.:

Edited by Atia

This looks way better than the first image. Maybe not golden enough for Iron Warriors though.

well, i will use this artwork as inspiration^^

med_gallery_79873_11210_92418.jpg

the "gold" or whatever, is pretty much the colour of the minotaurs chapters afaik^^

A face only a Ruinous Power could love. :tongue.:

:D

Like the oil podium thingy! IW get the advantage of having the best colours for fortifications :tongue.:

hehe thanks :) i'm currently working on the gold/trim of the other vengeance-battery :>

in other news: the Generatorum Nexus arrived today (strangely they splitted the order up without saying so, the other stuff should still arrive tomorrow :o)

med_gallery_79873_10492_98159.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_149601.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_254331.jpg

lovely tile - it should work great as damaged generatorum part of my zone mortalis ^_^

almost done with the vengeance-batteries - only the laserpointer/lightnings are left :)

med_gallery_79873_11268_273959.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11268_519560.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11268_149884.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11268_103119.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11268_418421.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11268_51346.jpg

(strangely they splitted the order up without saying so, the other stuff should still arrive tomorrow :ohmy.:)

This is Alan Bligh telling you to paint this first. :tongue.:

hehe :D

Howdy Guys and Girls :)

I was never a fan of GW's "Bloodthrone" - so i made a propper chariot of Khorne :P

med_gallery_79873_11210_136966.jpg??t=56973207

med_gallery_79873_11210_314522.jpg??t=31116748

med_gallery_79873_11210_226996.jpg??t=28483446

med_gallery_79873_11210_128675.jpg????t=26701175

needs some green-stuff work, but i'm happy with him :D

I'll say it again for you then :-P
I like the colors. They are subtle, and practical looking :-P

thanks honey :wub.:

Yeah, I'll second that. They look very gritty and practical. Very appropriate for Iron Warriors! Good job, Atia. :thumbsup:
I also love how it's the opposite of the almost cartoonesqueness of GW normal style. :-)

Hehe thanks :P well, i like both - the cartoony style and realism, but IW's scream for a durty, gritty look :)

Yeah, they look good.

And I had forgotten not all Iron Warrios rocked golden bling. :-P

:thanks:

What is the hole size for the Vengeance Weapon Batteries please?

As for that tile, I absolutely adore it but what stops me getting it (other than ££££) is that it appears too big? If you get the chance, could I see one with a tank and models on it please? I just can't envisage how viable it is to play games on :(

A little bit late but I much prefer the toned down brassy colour to bright gold for Iron Warriors (and in general). Bright gold works for the Emperors Children and to an extent the Blood Angels but I'm not a big fan of it really past them.

And I actually quite like the motorcycle of Khorne but I really like your chariot.

A little bit late but I much prefer the toned down brassy colour to bright gold for Iron Warriors (and in general). Bright gold works for the Emperors Children and to an extent the Blood Angels but I'm not a big fan of it really past them.

And I actually quite like the motorcycle of Khorne but I really like your chariot.

well, i'll try to get the Legions as near as possible to the FW artwork - another example of different shades of "golds" would be the Ultramarines - they actually use the colour of FW's Airbrush Valdor Gold instead of the classic 40k gold:

med_gallery_79873_10492_428998.jpg

for the chariot: i like the motorcycle-daemonthing for the skullcannon, but the blood throne isn't my cup of tea :P

Hmmm do I spy with my little eye something beginning with makabius

Sorry brother, Vespasia will be the only of her kind - ready to form an LoW/allied detachment for my DG :) i actually painted her even before Makabius got an official name haha xD

I don't even...

How...?

Are you a cyborg?

Do you not sleep?!

How is it physically possible to paint so many models in such a short space of time at such an awesome level of detail?

Absolutely amazing.

Also, how did you do the weathering effect on the knight (specifically his shield)?

I love that chariot! I can't wait to see him all painted up! :biggrin.:

Lol that board his huge!

I actually really like the forgeworld gold in their art. I wonder if they will use that same gold on the blood angels.

Can you use airbrush paint without the airbrush?

Thanks honey :wub.:

Yeah, you can use airush paint with a normal brush - and FW's airbrush range is awesome! 

I don't even...

How...?

Are you a cyborg?

Do you not sleep?!

How is it physically possible to paint so many models in such a short space of time at such an awesome level of detail?

Absolutely amazing.

Also, how did you do the weathering effect on the knight (specifically his shield)?

I'm an Archmagi of the Mechanicum - sleep is for the week!

Ok, just joking - :thanks: but, actually, i think i'm not really fast xD 

For the Knight's weathering, i used Typhon Corrosion and the Vallejio Rusts, aswell as a sponge with metal paint to make the battle damage^^ hope that helps :P

Good work as always, miss. 

Can't wait to see your take of the Ultramarines blue and gold. 

thanks Relict! Well, you may need a little bit longer for some Ultras, but i painted a little force of 40k ones before i started to work on my DG, and i probably will make them pretty similiar, maybe with a different shade of gold and more white, here is my Venerable Dreadnought:

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/dreadnoughtfroizht3u015p.jpg

buuuut speaking of upcoming projects ...

well, i'm currently working on the bloodletters, but i will need some green paint in the near future ... and rust :)