Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Bloodletters

Khak'akamshy'y, The Slaughterkin, Lesser Daemons of Khorne

med_gallery_79873_11210_265148.jpg

The daemonic hordes of Khorne are largely made up of ferocious Bloodletters. These Lesser Daemons are deadly warriors believed to have been foremost amongst the Blood God's followers in mortal life and whose will is as implacable and blood-hungry as that of Khorne himself. Sharp, needle-like teeth stud a Bloodletter's slavering jaws. Its serpentine tongue constantly flickers to taste the spilled blood of those it slays. Rippling muscles lie barely concealed beneath the Bloodletter’s scaly red hide, knotted sinews that give the strength sufficient for its jet-black claws to pierce the most unyielding armour. This might is guided by a killing instinct that surpasses that of mortal men. A Bloodletter is unburdened by any other thought or compulsion than to reap the lives of Khorne’s foes and claim skulls in the name of its divine lord. They carry massive Warp-metal swords known as Hellblades, great two-handed weapons that cut effortlessly though any armour crafted by mortals.

med_gallery_79873_11210_148099.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11210_227897.jpg

Atia; such an amazing thread you have going here, you should be rightly proud of it.

Your painting and conversions are excellent, really top notch. Together with your fluff, you really set scene and bring each faction you have worked on to life. Great weathered style, my faves being your DG tanks :smile.:

Looking forward to seeing more of your current Bloody project, immense so far, from the lil' angry dudes ofc to your excellent Blood Queen. Bring on that No1 Bloodthirster, Mr Big and Angry himself, An'ggrath (I am jealous of all the FW stuff you have btw!)

Massive kudos right through :cool.:

awww big thanks Midnight Runner :blush.:

woah! Lovely work! How have I missed this? *starts taking notes from your work for inspiration*

hehe thanks AO :smile.:

Valkia looksawesome Atia. I always thought that mini looked great. I keep wanting to get it and paint it up but never seem to. lol

hehe yeah, the mini is awesome (besides the spear ... grrr ... failcast)

Edited by Atia

I need to finish those ten bloodletters of mine.

Oh right, chaos marines can't field lesser daemons on their own now. Woo.

(And that's not even mentioning the whole 'their swords snap just looking at the figure case I want to put them in' issue.)

They look good. I like the ork and human skulls on their boss' base. :tongue.:

I tried to pronounce the deamon name and my tongue broke... :tongue.:

Cool deamons, Atia, I've said it before but I really like the red to black transition and I had not noticed the back of their head follows the same pattern as the horns, really cool.

hehe, i would pronounce it [Kh-ak-ak-amshy-y], but you know, daemontongue and so xD

glad you like them and the transitions :smile.:

I need to finish those ten bloodletters of mine.

Oh right, chaos marines can't field lesser daemons on their own now. Woo.

(And that's not even mentioning the whole 'their swords snap just looking at the figure case I want to put them in' issue.)

They look good. I like the ork and human skulls on their boss' base. :tongue.:

hehe yeah, ... hm ... Orks and Humans together against a Legion of Daemons? wait, false game xD

Awesome Bloodletters Atia. Loving the Khorne stuff!

thanks Angrypantz! more to come :smile.:

but ...

little teaser of another upcoming project :tongue.:

med_gallery_79873_10624_96713.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10624_129220.jpg

Edited by Atia

@Atia 

wow -- great work. Super neat to see such good effects on so many models over such a broad range of armies. It makes me feel like even a slower, more boring painter now! 

Don't feel bad, i actually feel pretty slow myself^^ but it's cool to paint different armies and schemes, each one gives you opportunities to test something new (weathering, sculpting, oil paints, glazing, inks, weathering powders, ....) 

No! I'm trying to resist getting the new knight myself. This isn't helping at all...

Hehe - you can't have enough Knights ;) 

Look at his cute face! :D

Great work on the Daemons very nice highlighting.

Can't wait to see the progress on the Atrapos. :smile.:

Thanks Kriegsmacht ;)

My painting-schedule schould be something like this 'till the end of the year:

- Skullcannon

- 3 Skullcrushers

- Herald of Khorne and Skulltaker

- Ang'grath

- starting with my Knights

i also have some more Khorne stuff to go, but i'll do that later (Bloodslaughterers, the Bloodthrone conversion, Skarbrand, ...)

And of course there is a lot of HH plastic stuff to come xD

• 2 weeks later...

ooooh, Atia does an atrapos, cannot wait!

Hehe :biggrin.:

Can't wait either, need to finish the daemons first though^^

Your Bloodletters really are some of the best I have seen, they really are - hard to believe they are just line troops. Great stuff as ever :cool.:

Thanks! Glad you like them :blush.: currently working on the Skullcannon/Juggernaughts!

Wow, awesome work on those Bloodletters. Especially the banner, loving the branching and bleeding bone :biggrin.:

- Ang'grath

- Ang'grath

....yes please

Yeah - Anggi is prepared for painting and i'll start him once the bloodletter stuff (cannon and bloodcrushers) is finished =)

but ... i feel a disturbance in the warp ... the ruinstorm calls ... brother against brother, the architect of the heresy will arrive, and the children of the avanging son will march against him ...

.... and .... do you hear that voice?

"Samus. That's the only name you'll hear. Samus. It means the end and the death. Samus. I am Samus. Samus is all around you. Samus is the man beside you. Samus will gnaw on your bones. Look out! Samus is here."

Edited by Atia

Just spent 4 hours reading this thread. All I can say is that you are in possesion of some of the best painted models I've ever seen and I can't wait to see what you do next

awww thanks :blush.: well, let's give a little teaser :happy.:

Burn the body - sear the soul

med_gallery_79873_10492_430113.png

I love Valkia. She's going to lead my AoS warband, but I've always been at a loss for how to excuse putting her on a 40k board... a herald works well enough, I suppose! Nice work on her. Those bloodletters look fantastic, too. I'd love to know how you did the skin on those, if you don't mind?

Looking forward to Samus. Consider also doing Morpal Cxir. :D

It all starts with Betrayal, Daemons will spawn, the 500 Worlds will burn, an Empire will be founded, and a light will die ...

gallery_79873_10492_14720.png

The Ruinstorm calls ...

Did you order southern fried or extra crispy? :-P the cannon looks gooooooood

Actually, i ordered texas BBQ style ^.^

Fantastic stuff in here really loving your work on the Khornate. :thumbsup: Look forward to seeing Aangrath

Thanks! Can't wait to start on the big boy myself :)

Ahhh having just finished Horus Rising the Samus thing is an awesome reference to me :-P

Sweet cannon too!

Hehe, you better read Know no Fear ;) - glad you like the cannon so far :)

Atropos! Oooooh nice!

Yeah, it's all part of the bigger picture *I heard someone wants to build an empire?*

I love Valkia. She's going to lead my AoS warband, but I've always been at a loss for how to excuse putting her on a 40k board... a herald works well enough, I suppose! Nice work on her. Those bloodletters look fantastic, too. I'd love to know how you did the skin on those, if you don't mind?

Looking forward to Samus. Consider also doing Morpal Cxir. :-D

I should get my drawing tablet for christmas (hopefully), that's when I'll start to write rules for the Bloodqueen :)

Morpal Cxir ... hmmm .. yeah why not :)

So wonderful stuff in this thread, I am glad I took the time to go back through it. Cheers for keeping us posted.

Awww, thanks Thousand Eyes :blush.: