Is it just me or does it look like he's holding the spear wrong?

It looks like the thumb is facing down, the hand is twisted 180 degrees. Hopefully it will be easy to flip it around and. I wonder how hard it would be to put the sword in his left hand. Having him descend with spear and sword in hand. =)

It looks like the thumb is facing down, the hand is twisted 180 degrees. Hopefully it will be easy to flip it around and. I wonder how hard it would be to put the sword in his left hand. Having him descend with spear and sword in hand. =)

nope Sang just fights with the spear underarm as apposed to the overarm more attributed to the Greek Hoplite

You're right with what you're seeing but it's not wrong. It's just a different stance for spear fighting than you are apparently used to. ;)

Oddly the under arm spear fighting is afaik more associated with Anglo-Saxon and Viking Spear and Shield combat (something more Space Wolf-y) and the Crimson Paladins look very Norman inspired with their almost Kite shields, I wonder what they would look like painted with a Coat of Arms style Field with the right Tincture

you can edit one and delete the other,

Roldoron is fantastic, WS7 with re-roll, Str 5, 5 or 6 attacks on a charge (bolt pistol is still a standard ccw and no note as to if it's included in the stat line, unless the pistol counting as a ccw has changed, need to comb through the rulebook) and if our Legion Astartes rules don't change increased chance to wound and then add in the pick your Warlord trait (I wonder if any new generic ones will be in book 8)

Edited by Nova_Dew

From my post in the News & Rumor main thread:

“Got (literally) 30s w/ Malevolence book copy (it IS finished) and Anuj Maholta.

Had 6s to take a mental photo of Sanguinius’ rules. What I can remember:

-485pts

-Wings have special rules

-two weapon options: either/or can’t take both:

A. Blade Encarmine: S+1* AP2 Shred, Rampage

B. Spear of Telesto + Moonsilver Blade

—Spear: can be thrown as ranges weapon, has Armourbane

—Moonsilver Blade : has Duellists’s Edge and some other rule I couldn’t glean.

I didn’t get to see his base stats.

NO SANGUINARY GUARD.

From Anuj’s Own mouth:

“We wanted to focus on other units since the Sanguinary Guard don’t seem to actually do anything in the novels. Go talk to the [bL] authors about that. We wanted to focus on other units that are cool. We feel you can use Command Squads to rep them if you want.”

He and I then had some...words...about Sang Guard/lack thereof. “Them are fightin’ words.”

Crimson Paladins are from the same “First Order” as the SG but focus on guarding chambers, halls, ships, etc... while the SG are responsible for guarding Big S himself.

Also a unique Destroyer unit, may or may not be called “Angel’s Tears*”.

Besides Raldoran, there’s another BA special character who I have never heard of before.

There appears to be quite a few unique aspects to the IX Legion, though perhaps not as much as VI/Space Wolves.

Will update more when I can.

*i literally had 30 seconds so jotting doen sny and all I can remember ”

That's so dumb about SG. Are crimson paladins ever mentioned in any book? How would it make more sense to make up an entirely new unit than use the iconic already existing unit? The only thing I can think of is they didnt want to make a new kit when GW has one. They wanted to make a new FW unit to sell instead. The crimson paladins are beautiful so idk if I'm too upset, just a little shocked I guess.

Everything else seems great though!

Edited by Brother Lemartes

So ... I'm really confused right now about Sanguinius. If I understood things correctly there will be two versions of him sold contrary to the previous primarchs : one without the scenic base and one, limited, with the scenic base ?

I'm really hoping I misunderstood here because without the scenic base his pose is just horrible and makes no sense ...

From a session:

“Dawnbringers” unit that is a jump 2+ assault unit.

Idea is the “First Order/First Sphere” (not clear on name) has a couple different units: Crimson Paladins who are defensive/repel boarders, Sang Guard who are like actual bodyguards (not in book), and then Dawnbringers who are Sangy’s elite Assault vanguard in a true military sense.

Dawnbringers are WS5 W1 2+ jump unit. Couldn’t see more than that.

Sang rules (did my best to memorize as they are strict on having phones areound the book...not sure how others are doing it).

Both swords are missing a special rule I forget but this is the gist:

Sanguinius 485pts

WS9 BS5 S6 T6 I7 Wx Ld10 Sv 2+

2+/4++, can re-roll invulnerable saves on the turn he charges

Sire of Blood Angels:

Sangy gets +1I +1A on turn he charges. All BA in army can use jump packs in both Movement and Assault phase.

Something about BA units in 3” get +D3 Wounds scored for purposes of settling assault

Wings:

Jump pack equip he can use in both Movement/Assault phase

He and his unit do not scatter.

Hammer of Wrath at S10 AP2

Vector Strike equiv at S6 AP2 (big long rule I couldn’t read all of)

Infernus: 18” S8 AP1 Assault 2, One Use

Weapon options below are mutually exclusive:

Weapon option A:

Encarmine Blade: Melee S+2 AP2 Shred, Rampage

Weapon(s) Option B:

B1 Spear of Telesto

—Melee: S+3/User AP1/2 Instant Death Special Rule

—Shooting: 12” S7 AP2 Armourbane, Special Rule

—Special rule: To Wound rolls of 6 do an extra wound

B2 Moonsilver Blade

Melee S:User AP 3 Duelist’s Edge, Moonsilver* , Blind

Moonsilver: extra Wounds on daemons, Mc, psykers

Edited by Indefragable

Regarding Sanguinius model on the scenic base, fighting that demon-thing:

Now his pose makes much more sense - I can easily "feel" that he is in the middle of a fight, using wings to maintain distance and position while dishing out punishment.

The hair are still a bit strange, bu not so much with the body now having more clarified purpose.

That one I definitely like :)

Edited by Majkhel

Yea, it looks like FW designed Sanguinius for the special base because pose works a lot better on it. I think the spear needs to be angled down towards the head a bit more but the concept has grown on me. Forgeworld really need to work on how they present their models!

Dissapointing to hear no sanguinary guard... looks like I'll have to kitbash some fancy 30k ones after all.

I just got about 15 mins with the book in front of Neil Wylie, one of the lead authors. I looked over the Signus Campaign, the Blood Angel lore and the Army List. Neil is responsible for writing the lore. Wow. It’s stunning. Just stunning.

The Legion changes and evolves repeatedly, from pre-Sanguinius and onwards. There are Spheres as an organisational unit. The First Sphere consists of the Sanguinary Guard; the Crimson Paladins; another, secretive order that watches over the Legion from within; and also the Angels Tears, or Silver Masks, who are Blood Angels specific Destroyers. There are symbols for each of those groups, showing how the angelic mythology heavily influences and shapes the Legion.

At the time of the Heresy, they are approx 120,000 strong and are described as the pre-eminent Legion Astartes. Horus sees them as a primary threat and is advised they either need to be destroyed, host by host, in detail or in some way neutralised or turned. Mortarion favours the first option, but Lorger convinces him of the other way...

Then there are the Dawn Bringers. And the booster jet fitted Contemptor Dreadnought....

It’s going to be incredible.

:)

Edited by Gorlak

I just got about 15 mins with the book in front of Neil Wylie, one of the lead authors. I looked over the Signus Campaign, the Blood Angel lore and the Army List. Neil is responsible for writing the lore. Wow. It’s stunning. Just stunning.

The Legion changes and evolves repeatedly, from pre-Sanguinius and onwards. There are Spheres as an organisational unit. The First Sphere consists of the Sanguinary Guard; the Crimson Paladins; another, secretive order that watches over the Legion from within; and also the Angels Tears, or Silver Masks, who are Blood Angels specific Destroyers. There are symbols for each of those groups, showing how the angelic mythology heavily influences and shapes the Legion.

At the time of the Heresy, they are approx 120,000 strong and are described as the pre-eminent Legion Astartes. Horus sees them as a primary threat and is advised they either need to be destroyed, host by host, in detail or in some way neutralised or turned. Mortarion favours the first option, but Lorger convinces him of the other way...

Then there are the Dawn Bringers. And the booster jet fitted Contemptor Dreadnought....

:)

HOLY PROFANITY!!!

:smile.:

Did you say jet ffited Dreadnought? :wub:

And from the event page:

HHWeekender-Feb2-Raldoran2ehc.jpg

HHWeekender-Feb2-BADreadRender6sg.jpg

Better pictures from WHC.

Edited by marine7312000

I wonder if they meant the SG wouldn’t get rules, or if they wouldn’t get models. If they don’t get models that is ok because their gear is the same. Only in place of Mk VII helms they will have earlier mk’s for Helmets when not wearing death masks.

Also I love the idea of the jump back but I hope they change the way it looks.

Edited by Arkangilos