The Redeemers ~ Black Maru's Order of Redemption

Bukimimaru

100 posts!

Thank you to everyone who has posted and encouraged me to press on, and a special thank you to anyone who's read and commented on my silly bits of background fluff. I really enjoy writing it and its really satisfying to hear that people find it funny.

I've gone back through the thread and tidied a few things up, updated a couple of pictures etc.

We are almost at 3,000 views, which is awesome! :biggrin.:

To celebrate I'm happy to announce that I'm heading to Warhammer World with my gaming group Six Up Save for a massive game on one of their Apoc tables.

If any of you guys are going to be there on the second weekend of June come say "hi" and I'll buy you a beer from Bugman's Bar. :cool.:

I've begun work on my first peice of Forgeworld gear.

The awesome and most excellent Vindicator Laser Destroyer. :biggrin.:

The rules are free to download from Forgeworld and are totally bad ass.

The official Forgeworld Model (at a whopping £50) is basically a Vindicatore chassy with 4 Lascannons where the battlecannon should be.

Rather than spending the dosh, waiting forever for it to ship and then spend another forever cleaning the resin flash bits off, I decided to knock one up myself.

Demios laser destroyer

I picked up a Vindi second hand for a little over a tenner, then cut up 4 lascannon tips from my bits-box.

It's not perfect, but its good enough and I've magnitised the turret so I can run it as a regular Vindicator or as the Laser Destroyer pattern.

Cant wait to paint her and get her out on the field.

I've named her "Betrothal to Destruction" because I got her just after getting Engaged to my awesome girlfriend   fiance.

POST EDIT -

I took this picture before the cannon was fixed in place, it isnt as wonkey as it looks in the pic. >_<

I may have bitten off more than I can chew... My calendar is over encumbered with 40K related events:

June: Six Up Save League Kicks off, Trip to Warhammer World, Kill Team Tourney.

July: Apocalypse Game Day at FLGS.

August: August Annihilation Tourney.

September: Spoils of War Tourney.

October: Tourney in Cardiff who name I cant remember.

The Redeemers are getting around. >_<

I Bukimimaru rise to the challenge of E Tenebra Lux and vow to complete one Space Marine Bike Captain with StormShield and Powerfist,  one Terminator Assault Squad with Lightning Claws and a Banner of The Archangel Host, and one Devastator Squad with 4 Plasma Cannons from Codex Blood Angels at the cost of 510 Points on or before Aug 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal Glory to the Order of Redemption and further tip the already unbalanced ego of Chief Librarian Black Maru. Failure will doom me to bare the badge of oathbreaker until the year end.

ETL   Terms

ETL   Devs

ETL   Bike Cptn

Made a good start in my Assault Terminator for my ETL vow, but I also got distracted and finished painting an attack bike that's been sat to one side for a while.

Why is it that I only want to pain models that I don't need to paint. >_>

Stupid Brain.

Tomorrow I'm playing an old friend of mine from way back in high school.

He runs a YouTube chanel about how he lives day to day with Asperger's Syndrome and he's been playing Tau for a few years. I think he's recording a bit of the game for his Chanel as well, so I'm only going to be using fully painted models.

My list looks something like this:

Chaplian, jump pack

8 Death Compant, jump pack, powersword, fist, hammer.

5 sniper scouts

5 tac squad, heavy Flamer, Combi-Flamer, razorback with las cannon.

10 assault squad, Melta, melta. 2x Inferno pistol

3 bikes, grav, grav, Combi-Grav, multimelta attack bike

He really likes the Farsight Enclave models, so I'm expecting Commander Farsight, loads of crisis suits and at least one riptide.

I'll try and get some pics up of the game tomorrow.

The awesome and most excellent Vindicator Laser Destroyer. :biggrin.:

The one thing I've been thinking throughout this thread, is the lack of vehicles/antitank, and now you get the BEST thing I've seen in ages, the rules are insane for that! Please, let us know how a play test with it goes...I MUST KNOW (especially before I spent £50 of my hard earned wonga!)

The awesome and most excellent Vindicator Laser Destroyer. :D

The one thing I've been thinking throughout this thread, is the lack of vehicles/antitank, and now you get the BEST thing I've seen in ages, the rules are insane for that! Please, let us know how a play test with it goes...I MUST KNOW (especially before I spent £50 of my hard earned wonga!)

Well I've got good news and bad news.

The good news is I've been able to use the Demios Vindicator twice this weekend, the bad news is I only got to fire it once.

Both games it got popped on turn 2 because my opponents know how powerful

It is.

The first game was against Grey Knights. Due to mass deep striking and lots of terrain, the Vindi had nothing to shoot at turn 1 and then turn 2 my opponents Stormraven shot it's Multimelta/Lascannon/strike missiles and blew it up.

My second game was against Tau. Turn one my opponent drops a craptonne of rockets at it and got two glances. I overcharged the weapons and shot 3 rounds off into his riptide doing tow wounds, but then I rolled a '1' and glanced myself to death.

All in all, not a great start.

On the plus side, these were both only 1000 point games and I would usually be able to take either a second vindi or at least lot of other stuff to keep my opponent busy. It's a really great tank, but like everything that's worth taking in 40k, your better off taking 2; one to take all your opponents firepower and one to wreak havock.

Yeah, that's true.

I lost the game against the Grey Knights, but I whooped the Tau player something fierce.

I've got two regular Vindicators, I think I'll run them along side the Demios pattern, see if that helps her survive a little longer.

Regarding my ETL vow, I've made a little progress on the Devistator squad and I've done the first layer on the Bike Captain.

Few small updates.

I found a picture I took of my Anti-Tau force before they rampaged through 2 Forgeworld varient Riptides and a bunch of crisis suits;

Anti Tau

Also, One of you guys (no idea which one) found me on Reddit and told me to post my New Objective Marker up here:

Marker 1

(Sorry about the crummy image quality)

Finally, I have had conformation that my Game group get to use the Spyral Prime Table as WW the weekend after next! Woop Woop!

Check it out, its beautiful:

Spyral Prime

Details regarding the trip to WW and the Six up Save League that kicks of on Monday to follow. :)

Hey guys, I need some help designing a custome game type for my groups visit to Warhammer World.

We've got a nice big city-scape board to play on and its going to be a 4vs four match, each side having 6,000 points to divide up any way the team leader sees fit. Each person on each team must have a battleforged list.

Imperial Team:

The Redeemers

Iron Hands

Space Wolves

Ultramarines

Filthy Heretic Team:

Nurgle Themed Marines

Khorne Daemonkin

Nurgle Daemons

Tyranids

As one of the guys coming with us does not have a Astartes or Chaos army I had to try and find a reason why the Tyranids would be working with the forces of Chaos. After a bit of digging I found some cool BA fluff about A Chaos HQ called Fabius Bile who (after stealing some BA geneseed) builds a base on a planet infested with Tyranids that he had managed to domesticate with mind control pylons.

Using this as a loose story to work off, I came up with this:

In the ruins of the ancient Imperial City of Spyral Prime, Fabius Bile has established yet another of his labyrinthine laboratories. Using his previous research on Tyranid biomorphs, he has created a breed of Guard-Xenos to patrol the sprawling city above, ensuring looters and prying eyes never get close enough to discover what dark and evil experiments he is conducting in the dark halls below.

Having recently escaped from Baal on a Stolen Iron Hands Vessel, Fabius has retreated to Spiral Prime to begin his experimentation, looking to clone the geneseed and create a legion of his very own super soldiers. Knowing the Iron Hands would still be hot on his trail he has put out a call for assistance from nearby Chaos Warbands.

The Iron Hands have been tracking the stolen craft and have sent out an emergency beacon of thier own to alert any nearby Imperial Support, and has had a response from a small detachment of Space Wolves, a passing  Ultramarine freighter and Brother Corbulo, High Priest of Baal who has advised he will send The Redeemers to support as quickly as possible. Little do the Iron Hands know that the other chapters have agendas of their own...

Under Normal Circumstances, Chaos Warbands are hesitant to work with one another, but upon sensing the Redeemers imminent arrival, a Warpstorm begins to grow, spitting out foul Nurgle Damons, thirsty for revenge against Black Maru and his Order of Redemption for banishing their favoured leader Ramesh Ramesh (so evil they naemd him twice).

Nearby, a small collective of Khorn Cultists who have been gathering amongst the ruins of the decaying city begin to sense the nearby Warpstorm. They take this as an opportunity to attempt a summoning of a mighty Bloodthirster to lead their cult to prosperity. They are eager to offer thier services to Fabius, knowing fully well of the bloodshed that would be sure to follow.

As the Marines begin to make Planetfall and the forces of Chaos bolster their position, the Tyranid Bio-forms lurk in the shadows, ready to kill at their master’s bidding.

So we have a rough frame for a story and inkeeping with this I'm making "secret objective" cards that each player (not faction) will want to achieve.

Blood Angels - Reclaim the Stolen Geneseed (a relic placed by the player controlling Fabius at the start of the game).

Space Wolves  - Win a Challenge against a HQ or Elite unit with the  "Demon" special rule.

Ultramarines – Collect the Synaptic glands from a Synapse Tyranid. (Kill a synapse creature and collect the objective that drops within 3" of the dead model.)

Iron Hands – Plant a Beacon on the entrance to Fabius Biles Lab. (One member of the group has made a cool "secret door" marker, the Iron Hands player must have one model in base contact and roll a 4+ to plant the beacon during the assault phase).

Daemon Kin – Save up enough Blood Tyth points and successfully summon a Bloodthirster varient.

Nurgle Daemons – Get revenge for the banishment of Ramesh Ramesh; Kill Black Maru.

Nurgle Marines – Plant a Homing device on the drop-pods or tanks from 2 different Space Marine chapters. (must have one model in base contact and roll a 4+ to plant the beacon during the assault phase).

Tyranids – Destroy the Mind Control Beacons to free yourself from Fabius's mind control (Using 2 void shield generators as Mind control beacons av 11, 3 hullpoints)

So, we have the armies, the fluff and the secret objectives. What we dont have is an actual game type.

I do have the "Cities of Death" card deck, but I'm not sure how well this would translate to an 8 player game.

We could just play purge the alien, but that leaves so much story potential wasted.

We could play Maelstrom rules, but again, on a board this big and with that many players it could become a logistical nightmare.

Any ideas guys?

Small update.

Finally finished my last Tac marine to complete my 1,000 point Six up Save list.

Last Of The Tac Squad

Here's a group shot of the whole list:

Six Up Save

This weekend I've signed up (very last minute) to a local Tourney as well; Worcester War 4.

Its a 250 point kill team followed by a 1,500 game.

Fortunatly I've only got one model to paint by Saturday, so I'm not it total panic mode yet.

It's a weird kind of custom killteam.

The rules are somthing like:

No named characters, no 3+ wound models, no bikes/jetbikes, no MCs, no Vehicles, 5 model minimum, no two models may be kitted out the same.

From what I understand there will be 4-5 of us on each side playing one big game with specific team-based objectives.

I'm taking:

Death Company, jump pack.

Death Company, jump pack, Powersword.

Death Company, jump pack, Powerfist.

Death Company, jump pack, Thunderhammer.

Death Company, jump pack, Inferno Pistol

Sanguinary Guard, Death Mask, Encarmine Axe.

Sniper Scout, Camo-cloak.

It's not a very optimal list, but as its such short notice I'm just taking fun / painted stuff.

I figured if I could take fast stuff with FNP or a 2+ save then I can focus on the mission while my team mates do the killy-killy bits.

The bigger game is basically the same 1,000 points I'm taking for the league, plus 2 Meltacide Drop squads and a Storm Raven flying empty.

So last night was the first night of the Six Up Save league.

Out of the 9 opponent, there are two I was really worried about; The Eldar Jet-Bike list and Sam's Nurgle list.

The first matches were drawn last night and surprise surprise, my first opponent is Sam and his scary summoning list. >_<*

Nurgle

Each of the 9 games will be Maelstrom Mission 1 with Dawn of War deployment, and I got lucky with the game board as it had lots of terrain for me to hide behind.

My opponent had some very unlucky rolls and my Death Company were on a total rampage, resulting in a 12 - 8 victory to me.

Here's what the DC took down in this game:

Turn 1: They were charged by some Beasts of Nurgle and the Death Company killed the whole lot without taking a wound.

Turn 2: Charged a squad of Nurglings and killed them all, no losses.

Turn 3: Charged a Unit of Plague Bearers that were tying up a Tac squad, Killed them all, no casulaties.

Turn 4: Charged a second unit of Plague Bearers, killed them all. A sould grinder dropped an AP3 blast on them but only killed one marine.

Turn 5: Charged his HQ (I cant remeber what its called, a banner bearer or somthing) and took one casualty.

I'll try and get a bit of a report done soon as it was a pretty intense game.

1 Game down, 8 to go.

Archived