The Redeemers ~ Black Maru's Order of Redemption

Bukimimaru

My buddy is thinking of selling a whole bunch of his beautifully painted Tyranids and I hate seeing people sell beautiful models so I;ve made it my mission to re-ignite the love for playing filthy xenos in his heart.

Tonight I'm playing through the Sheild Of Baal campaign book with him, starting with Death Storm!

I absolutly love this set, being a 'nid collecter and BA player it was great value for the models and the campaign missions are an absolute blast to play. If it goes well we might play the missions in Leviathen and Exterminatus at a later date. :)

I've run the Deathstorm book 4 or 5 times now, its so much fun and the missions are only about an hour each so they take no time at all.

I've yet to play any of the other campaign books yet becuase I didn't know anyone else who played Tyranids or Blood Angels, but since Six Up Save started I've now got  two Tyranid players to choose from. :D

Got the Code 40K tourney tomorrow, I must say I'm not especially prepared. :/

Everything is painted, which is a good start, but the list is pretty hap-hazard and I've not got much of a grasp on the odd "kill team" style rules, but I'm sure it'll all make sence in the morning. 

Wish me luck, hopfully pics to follow on Sunday.

Thanks for all the luck guys, it really seems to have helped. :smile.:

I was on the 1st place winning team and I won both of the individual games so I netted a nice gift voucher for my FLGS.

I also came in 4th in the painting competition which really caught me by surprise as most of the armies there looked amazing.

My 3 melta squads were in the zone!

They managed to take down:

• A Morkanaught
  • A Gorkanaught
  • A Deffdread
  • A Megadread
  • 2 KillKanz
  • A Soulgrinder
  • An Imperial Knight Castigator.

After the tourney I went down to the game store to spend my prize monies.

I bought the new BA upgrade sprue and a box of Tacticals.

Combining this with my bits-box I managed to make up:

A Priest on a bike.

A duel inferno-pistol assault sgt (to reward my assault marines for being so awesome at the tourney)

A Thunderhammer captain with an Iron Halo (I'll never use him but he looks dead cool and every army should have a captain)

A 5 man Tac squad (slowly phasing out all my AoBR and DV models with legit BA models.)

5 Vanguard vets, powersword & Shield, Powersword x3 and a pair of claws.

I really like the vets, I used a load of FW MkIV bits for the legs and heads. :smile.:

Pics to follow:

POST EDIT:

Inferno Sgt

New Tac Squad

Vanguard vets

(Bonus bckgound shot of my puppy, lol

Hammer Cptn

Thanks man.

Really happy with the way the Vanguard came out. They are kitted out kind of expencivly, but I'm only ever going to use them in the formation that lets you take free weapon upgrades, so they might actually get some game time.

I need to get some more Chaotic Red primer spray before I can start work on them, but I'm going to finish my ETL vow done first.

Who knows, I could vow this lot next if I can get my current vow sorted.

More importantly than the win, I must say I had a really awesome time at the tourney and got talking to a bunch of really great people. Anyone in the Midlands should definitly check out the guys who organised it:

http://code40k.blogspot.co.uk/

Coming up soon: The Redeemers hunt down Fabius Bile on Spiral prime!

Hey guys!

I'm looking for a bit of help.

I'm playing a big game at Warhammer World this weekend and I want help building a fluffy list.

The idea is that that Maru has been aproached by Brother Corbulo and tasked with retrieving a chalice full of stolen Primarch blood from the villainous Fabius Bile.

What would make a cool looking planetstrike / cityfight themed list?

I'm not that fussed about how powerful the list is, as long as it looks cool.

I was thinking droppods, bikes and meltacide squads supported by Vinicators?

The game will be 1,500 points per player with 6 players.

Thoughts?

Well, Vindicators are about as City-Fight as it gets without having Ignores Cover.  Maybe the Battle of Keylak Legacy to get the IC? That would be particularly delightful.

Flyers with Hover are pretty potent on a properly terrain'd City-Fight, too, and fit well with the PlanetStrike theme. Jump infantry and bikes in a general sense are pretty neat, and having flamers is pretty great in Cityfight.

OH! And Siege Shields and Dozer-blades on /EVERYTHING/

Kicked ass in the second round of my Six up Save league.

I played against our newest member, Charles and his Tyranids.

The game ended turn 7 as a cinematic masterpiece; 5 lone Tac marines hopelessly outnumbered, pinned against the table edge and surrounded on all sides by a Haruspex, a Tervigon and 4 units of gaunts.

The Sgt manages to get off a snapshot on the Tervigon, and gets a six to wound with his Bolter. The Tervigon fails it's save, and dies! The synaptic backlash kills a huge swathe of gaunts and any survivors run off the table. The Haruspex fails its Instinctive behavior test and is rendered stupified as the luckiest marines in the whole imperium call in for evac, 7 maelstrom points to 4, victory to the Redeemers!

That. Is. Awesome. Literally the reason I play 40k is for the moments like that. Charlo is right he needs a name. And another funny fluff piece. Like how he is literally the worse shot in the order and thats the first and only time he hit. Now the Orders Marksmanship Instructor to everyones detriment

Ah, thats an awesome idea!

He needs a name, anyone got any suggestions?

Getting real close to Warhammer World this weekend, I really cant wait.

Should have plenty of pics and a batrep up early next week. :smile.:

Quick update from Bugman's bar at Warhammer world. This place is amazing and the new display rooms are just incredible!

Big game kicks off once I've finished a few beers stopped gushing with my friends like a schoolgirl at a OD concert.

Archived