Isengrin's Forge: A knife in the dark +Havoc+

gallery_92971_11994_742628.jpg

The result of a quick Sunday painting session, a chaos cultist. I've used a bunch of bits from the cultists, Militarum Tempestus Scions, Sicarian Infiltrators, and Neophyte Hybrids, but the paint job was straightforward and I didn't want to spend too much time on it.

What an inventive use of parts, excellent paint work too, particularly those blades.

Thanks! I ordered all kinds of kits across several factions and began throwing stuff together until I got a satisfying result. Was pretty fun.

This is very Blanchitsu. I LOVE it. Great conversions and great use of colours.

Yeah, it's the style I enjoy the most. Getting out the wet palette and going crazy without a plan or fancy techniques is right up may alley. Thanks!

Nice as always

Thanks buddy! Great to see you around.

I'm not sure exactly which process of poor decision-making led me to never look into this thread until today, but it was from a false life whose values I now denounce. Incredible work all around, Isengrin.

I don't make it easy for you guys with my low posting frequency. But now that you're here, denounce your old gods and join the fun. :biggrin.: Thanks for the kind words.

The glowing sword effect is something special, really like it.

Thanks, it's like ten layers of paint and the power weapon I'm by far the most proud of.

• 5 months later...

Thanks! Yeah I used to make bases with brown earth and grey slate but after a couple Unification Wars minis on red/orange waste bases I thought why not use these for Night Lords as well. It's a great complementary color.

+++ Venomcrawler +++

large.venomcrawler1.jpg.af6e4c2f9eb72481

large.venomcrawler2.jpg.14d777edaf3b47c6

large.venomcrawler4.jpg.f9b33ab6ce6ec71d

So, a venomcrawler. After getting the Shadowspear box (mostly for the sweet marine bits) I decided to put the little spider together without any kitbash or conversion. It's a nice change-of-pace every now and then to just build and paint something. I'm not the biggest fan of the mini and if I'll ever get a second one I would change a lot about the base model, particularly the head/face and the spikey ridge on the back. But the next daemon engines on my list are a heldrake and defiler anyway, both of which will be converted heavily to match the aesthetics of my Night Lords.

Edited by Isengrin