Thanks Sagentus :), you just brush it on and wait an hour then scrub it off with an old toothbrush. If not clean just repeat. It hasn't eaten any plastic that I have put it on but I found out that it does affect resin so avoid using it on that. I had a set of blood angels FW shoulder guards which came out OK but the flimsy cloth part of the sergeants shoulder lost all integrity and became very soft - don't use on thin parts of FW resin.

Hope that helps.

Awesome work on that Land Raider! The updates you have done to that venerable frame look spot on!

Thanks hushrong :smile.:, glad you like it.

Cheers Nem! defo think ill get some of that, its a lot cheaper than detol too :--) 

No worries :smile.:. The amount you get will last for absolutely ages. I lent my pot to my brother and he has managed to strip about 3000 pts so far and we are barely a quarter of the way through the pot.

Morning all,

I have done a fair amount of work on the RT Land Raider but I still have a way to go. All of the black still needs highlighting and I still have some work to do on the blending between the blue and the black:

gallery_74887_13568_239172.png

I also haven't even started on the opposite side yet as I was working from one side to the other. I am pretty pleased with it at the moment though and it does seem to fit in quite well against the newer tanks I have for various armies on my shelf. I will finish it I think before the next update as it is surprisingly quick to paint but I think that is because of the bulk of it being flat surfaces.

In other news I also started prepping my Night Raptors squad and ordered some extra bodies from eBay too, though I am unsure if they will be Night Raptors or not. If I do use them as Raptors then I will have to order more Jump Packs.

As always let me know what you think.

Nemac

Thanks guys :). I wanted to update it slightly while keeping the bulk of it true to its original design. The big changes are the exhaust stacks and lascannons plus the space for the turret on top as per Augustus suggestion. I should have it done by the weekend.

Nemac

Land Raider is looking great! I love the old RTB11 kit. Great work! 

Did you end up using the top plate of the predator/razorback and inserting a razorback turret for the Twin Heavy Bolter? :smile.:

Thanks Augustus :). I did add the top plate as you suggested and have to say I am much happier with it now so thanks for the advice :tu:

The RT land raider is just too cool. Looking great and really coming together nicely. It’s always lovely to see the older pieces holding there own against what’s coming out from the studios now days.

Stray

Thanks Stray :). I have a fondness for this kit that has only grown since receiving my own.

Afternoon all,

So between working on the Land Raider I decided to build a few other units for my Night Lords. As i mentioned before I was prepping my Night Raptors and decided to use the wingless FW helmets for the normal guys and have a winged helm only on the sergeant. That way it ties into the rest of my stuff but also gives each sergeant that little bit of extra detail. Here they are at the moment:

med_gallery_74887_13568_811287.jpg

And then the individual shots starting with the sergeant:

med_gallery_74887_13568_595260.jpg med_gallery_74887_13568_363512.jpg
med_gallery_74887_13568_687.jpg med_gallery_74887_13568_501543.jpg
med_gallery_74887_13568_119434.jpg

I have also decided to go with the MKIV style Jump Pack simply becuase I really like that mark. Last but not least I have also done some work on building a Praetor/Lord for these guys made with the Kutha Sedd model from BaC - he is nowhere near finished yet as I still need to add a few grizzly trophies and such to him:

med_gallery_74887_13568_1489388.png

As always C&C is very welcome :thumbsup:

Nemac

Evening all,

A small update. I have finally finished the last marine for my CSM/Tactical Squad. I have been procrastinating lately and not doing a great job of picking up a brush with the intention of painting my Night Lords. Here they are (finally):

gallery_74887_13568_147537.png

The second ten man squad is already built with the exception of one guys head because I ran out so I will order another set soon and get that added. I will attempt to get pictures of the other squad, minus the headless one, tomorrow at some point. The next thing to paint though, well finish, will be the Land Raider and then probably the Rhino.

As always C&C is very welcome :D

Nemac

The raptors look great. The MKIV packs work wonderfully on them. I think the reduced bulk adds a bit more agility to the models if that’s the right word for it.

The Calth chaplain conversion is simple and sweet. I will be interested to see how your trophies add to the feel of the piece.

As for the finished squad, the consistency in your painting is something I’m sure we all strive towards.

Great works as always.

Stray

Cheers for the comments guys!

@Pearson - Thank you :)

@Stray - thanks, that does make sense regarding the jump pack and I agree they do look more nimble :tu:

@Malchy - I will be finishing the praetor soon, I am just in the process of adding the last few bits :). Chains and skulls mostly.

@Engel - thanks, I am going to search for your thread, I always like looking at Night Lords minis :)

More to follow soon

Nemac

How in the heck did I miss the latest updates?

First off the painted squad look brilliant! Always a pleasure to see wonderfully painted marines in a group shot. I like the raptors though I am still wishy-washy on their poses from FW. I also like the idea of keeping the winged-skull helms for leaders. Speaking of leaders, that praetor/lord is awesome! I am copying that!

I'm sorry but it's going to happen. That just looks too good to pass up!

Thanks guys, glad you both like them. I sprayed the second squad today so hopefully I'll find some time for them but I have nearly finished the Land Raider so that first :D. I have made some additions to the Praetor/Lord though:

gallery_74887_13568_57827.png

I have added some skulls on hanging chains and a trophy rack above his backpack. I also added a one of the topknots from a sister of silence as I wanted something to denote his higher status other then the cloak. I will likely paint the topknot black so that it doesn't blend into the wings.

Nemac

Archived