Man, to compliment the KIA Night Lord you should make an apothecary objective marker. He's just too diligent in his duty to collect geneseed that he want a little too far behind enemy lines and now you have to go get him.

I think Dan the Daemon had something similar, too.

Well done. Is the dead Night Lord an Objective Marker?

Thanks Bjorn, It is indeed an Objective Marker :)

Loving the contemptors nem! They look amazing. The csm squad is looking just as good too, keep up the good work :-)

Thanks Sagentus :), I have decided to do two units of five CSM that I will run with Exalted Champions so I will start on the next five very soon.

Man, to compliment the KIA Night Lord you should make an apothecary objective marker. He's just too diligent in his duty to collect geneseed that he want a little too far behind enemy lines and now you have to go get him.

Thanks hushrong :). That is a great shout, I hadn't thought of doing an Apothecary for them. I will have to check out Dan the Daemons stuff at some point. Is it here on the B&C?

So progress will be slow for a short period as I am currently working on a Custodes Commission of nine Allarus Custodian Terminators and then possibly nine of the Vertus Praetors too. I will post pictures of them here but won't be adding WIP pictures of them as I would like to get them finished and sent before too long.

Thanks again for the comments folks :)

Nemac

Yes, I think his army was the Night Lords 18th company. A lot of great work in there but it is an older log so I am worried it may be missing pictures from the photobucket debacle. Hopefully some frater here will have other resources.

But I remember he did an objective marker/diorama similar to a piece of Iron Warrirors artwork with an apothecary recovering geneseed from the fallen. I think if you are going to have KIA marine markers why not have the battle brother that will go to lengths to preserve their legacy. Their blood covered, flesh used for cloaks, kind of legacy.

Interested in see you take on the golden boys. I was checking them out this weekend at the local GW but had to resist starting something new as I had just sold off a bunch of hobby stuff that was gaining dust.

Thanks hushrong. I have found Dan's project log and have to say he does some brilliant stuff. I went through the whole thing and now have some new ideas for other units too. The Apothecary objective marker is great so I will absolutely have to do something similar to that at some point. Cheers for pointing me in his direction :)

Nemac

If we say this name three times, is he summoned back? 

Nice wounded marine, Nemac. 

Great objective marker! Always like seeing some fallen marines, although personally I like them a bit more damaged. For other objective markers, maybe you could do one with a Night Lords relic? Like curze's orb, or some NL weapon embedded in some poor marine. Either way looking forward to seeing more!

Yeah, Dan has a log full of goodies. Sounds like it still intact so I may go poking around there again.

Looking forward to the completed custodes you are working on...so we can see some more Night Lords!

Great objective marker! Always like seeing some fallen marines, although personally I like them a bit more damaged. For other objective markers, maybe you could do one with a Night Lords relic? Like curze's orb, or some NL weapon embedded in some poor marine. Either way looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks Vairo :smile.:, Curze's Orb does sound like a pretty good modelling opportunity so I may have to give that a go. I may go back and add some damage but like with the dirt on the Land Raider I will probably add it at a later date and do it all in one go.

Yeah, Dan has a log full of goodies. Sounds like it still intact so I may go poking around there again.

Looking forward to the completed custodes you are working on...so we can see some more Night Lords!

I spent several hours trawling through his log and it was brilliant. I finished with so many ideas that I had to write them all down :biggrin.:. There was also a lot of models that I had seen through google but hadn't known who had done them so a fair few nice surprises in there two. Cheers for the heads up on that one :smile.:.

I have also finished the Allarus Shield Captain but for some reason the server keeps returning an error when I try and upload the picture. I will try again a little later.

Edit: Ignoring the above statement, I have managed to add the picture so all is well:

med_gallery_74887_13813_274200.jpg

He is only tacked to the base as the person who is buying them already has bases made for them. I will say these are horrific to paint. So many tiny hidden details that can catch you out. Still, happy with how he came out and only have another eight to go :)

Nemac

Morning all,

Took a couple hours off the Custodes so I could work on the second Objective Marker and change my Raptors to Warp Talons. Here is the Apothecary Objective Marker:

med_gallery_74887_13568_55034.png

And here are the Warp Talons:

med_gallery_74887_13568_150075.png

Sorry about the blurry image but didn't have time to take a better one. I think the Apothecary Objective came out pretty well and I will be moving it to a 50mm base as all my Objective's will be using that size. I also managed to get a pretty good deal on some old metal Raptors including the metal jump packs so I will see how these guys balance with those and may use them instead of the MKIV jump packs.

I actually got six of the jump packs which works in my favour because I can add one to the Chaos Lord instead of the Night Raptors one he is currently using. In other news I have also assembled the rest of the Orlock Cultists so they shouldn't take very long to paint. I have twenty in total but may get an additional two boxes later on for a second unit.

As always C&C is very welcome.

Nemac

I too look forward to seeing your warp talons with the old school packs. If balance is an issue could adding washers to the bottom of the base work? I also love the way you've done their claws. I had wanted to get some of those AoS Blood Warrior stabby-punch gloves for my more hack'n'slash units but I really like the look of the trimmed down power claws more.

I also love the objective marker but I have a feeling that Legionary isn't going down without a fight...even against his own apothecary. Love it!

Really like the Objective marker and the Raptors are looking great as well. Look forward to seeing how they look with the old school jumppacks.

Thanks Bio :), I am really looking forward to trying out those Jump Packs. I don't think GW have released a better style to date and I think they will really add something to the models. Still a fair way to go with the Objective Marker. I am not sure I want to use the winged helmet on it as it isn't actually a playable part of my army. I may switch it out for a standard skull helm.

I too look forward to seeing your warp talons with the old school packs. If balance is an issue could adding washers to the bottom of the base work? I also love the way you've done their claws. I had wanted to get some of those AoS Blood Warrior stabby-punch gloves for my more hack'n'slash units but I really like the look of the trimmed down power claws more.

I also love the objective marker but I have a feeling that Legionary isn't going down without a fight...even against his own apothecary. Love it!

Thanks hushrong :), I think adding washers or pennies to the bottom would work, especially if I fill them with green stuff or Milliput afterwards. The claws I had originally done on my old biker lord and I loved the look so much I decided that is how I would be doing them on my Night Lords from then onward. I also looked at the punch daggers in the Blood Warrior kit but they are a bit too Chaos for my liking. I prefer the muted look of they Heresy :tu:

For the Objective I wanted to have the injured marine staging some sort of defiance - its geneseed or the dreadnought I'm afraid :D

Nemac

I'm in agreement regarding the old school Raptor packs. I like those ones a bit more than the new ones for Raptors. And yeah, I'd recommend washers under the bases myself. I had to do that with my metal jump-pack Chaplain kitbash I made, because the backpack off-balanced it that much. And mine was entirely metal as opposed to yours which look like just the backpack would be metal.

Also, the Lightning Claws: Love them. I especially like how that they kind of echo Curze's Lightning Claws.

Consider myself subbed :tu:

Thanks Gederas :), I will probably use pennies for the bottoms of the bases because, well, they cost a penny :wink:. It would just be the jump packs that are metal which is why I am thinking of ways to weight them down. Resin is extremely light so they will need something at the bottom to stop them tipping over. The lightning claws were fairly easy to make. I used the claws from the Tartaros kit because the tubing above the claw is shorter then the claw you get in the MKIV Tactical Squad kit and thus fits onto the forearm a little better. Just cut the claws in half and file the cut smooth and you have two streamlined lightning claws for the price of one.

Another benefit is not having to source power fists for the right side. Bitz ordering those could end up costing a fair amount.

Nemac

The new objective marker looks fantastic, very natural posing! Warp Talons are looking great too with your signature lightning claws! Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks Vairo :), I have a fair bit of work left to do on the Objective Marker and I'm also waiting for my 50mm bases to arrive. Hopefully after that I can get it finished and move onto the next one.

Love the objective markers. And your Warp Talons. And the gold on the Custodes. There’s too much to love in this thread.

Thanks Corswain :), I'm pleased you like what I am doing! I have finished three of the Custodians so I will get a picture uploaded soon. I have another six standard terminators to go now and then I should receive some of the new Jet Bikes to paint :tu:

Both the markers and talons are fantastic. 

Thanks HNL :), I have started painting the Warp Talons but they will be a slow process. Also the old metal jump packs don't fit the models so I guess we are back to the MKIV versions. It's a shame but nevermind.

More to follow soon.

Nemac

• 3 weeks later...

Morning all,

It has been a while since I updated this log but I do have a couple of things to share. First up, I finally finished the Custodians Allarus Terminators. These were quite fun to paint and will now make their way across the channel to France:

med_gallery_74887_13813_225552.jpg

Next up is a conversion using Tyberos for my Terminator Champion. I wanted him to have a pre-heresy look so have added additional panels to the shoulders and will be changing out the claws on the top for more standard lightning claws that aren't shaped like little sharks:

gallery_74887_13568_8648.png

At this point he is only tacked together while I figure him out entirely but I think it will work pretty well. Lastly, I have received my Leviathan Siege Dreadnought. I found him on eBay along with 30+ Forgeworld heresy marines and Tyberos and the whole lot was a little bit of a bargain. I unfortunately won't be able to add the skull helm to him because it was already glued in place and the top panel above it will not shift. Here is a picture of his feet:

med_gallery_74887_13568_994503.jpg

The rest still needs a lot of cleaning and filling but I hope to have that sorted and a picture uploaded in the near future. Thanks for looking :)

Nemac

Cheers Bio :), I did manage to get the head loose but without moving the top panel the head won't fit through the gap which is a little unfortunate. I am working my way around some Lascannon Havocs while I decide what to do but I think in all likelihood it will remain with the stock head. I had plans to add some troops without skull helms anyway so I hope he will still fit in to the army.

Nemac

Those custodians look great! That is going to be one very happy customer! And damn do they look good with black paint on the shoudlers.

The terminator champ also looks off to a righteous start! How do the plastic cataphractii pads sit on the Tyberos arms? I think it sucks because it will cover some detail but if you can add leather strips there I think it would look cool. Or chains. Cadmus Tyro did that with his Iron Hands Terminator Iron Father (?).

Also looking forward to the Leviathan!

I’m sure it’ll look awesome either way bud :thumbsup:

I hope so :D

Those custodians look great! That is going to be one very happy customer! And damn do they look good with black paint on the shoudlers.

The terminator champ also looks off to a righteous start! How do the plastic cataphractii pads sit on the Tyberos arms? I think it sucks because it will cover some detail but if you can add leather strips there I think it would look cool. Or chains. Cadmus Tyro did that with his Iron Hands Terminator Iron Father (?).

Also looking forward to the Leviathan!

Thanks hushrong, the Custodes are on their way now and having seen the pictures, he is very happy :D. I wasnt going to add chains or the leather strips because I wanted the studded pad to show through underneath but I will make a final decision when the model is fully assembled. I am still (!) cleaning the Leviathan so I don't expect to have that done too soon but I will try and get pictures of my Lascannon Havocs up in the next couple days.

Thanks again for the comments guys :)

Nemac

Archived