Update

Christmas has been & gone. With that, a Predator, Minotaur tank & the Will of Iron comics arrive. I'm going to base the Predator on the old school art work on the orignaly Predator box back in 3.5 era codex Chaos Space Marines.

While the Forge World tank, I'm hoping to build on Thursday. The Will of Iron comic offer a lot idea's, though issue 3 from the Fallen Series is still late (3 weeks) from titan comics :(

med_gallery_13342_13449_22495.jpg

I also got this Plague Marine character from a friend as a Christmas present. So he going to get painted tomorrow.

med_gallery_13342_13449_74822.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_76584.jpg

Mange to get some painting & transfer work for Varik, when taken a break from the new Assassin's Creed game. Just use the new Games Workshop spray varnish today as well.

​All that left now is to get a place to create transfer for me to get a list of campaign added, from once that've been in the background like Siege of terra, to once my Iron Warriors have fought in.

med_gallery_13342_13449_124896.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_116859.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_37971.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_74413.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_105864.jpg

Update

Battle Brother Varik Drago is now nearly finish. All that left is to get some transfer made up, they will have a list of campaign that are part of the Iron Warrior background like the Iron Cage, to once my Iron Warriors fought in like the Warhammer World Boralis Schism Campaign event. It going to take a little while, but hopeful work out & it will also mean re-doing the once I'd done for my Terminator icon.

​So game term Varik will be a Chaos Lord, with HQ's needing for different detachment. I just want to have a few extra HQ's made up.

med_gallery_13342_13449_781636.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1127524.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_597625.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_775714.jpg

As said, the Space Wolf trophy base on my hardest fought game Warhammer 40,000 from Throne of Skulls November 2012. When there was just three models each from turn 4 to turn 7.

med_gallery_13342_13449_908760.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_283195.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1151935.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_134224.jpg

Here the Minotaur artillery tank I got for Christmas.

med_gallery_13342_13449_664241.jpg

Just I was really inspired by the one Mark had done for his Horus Heresy era Iron Warriors. This is what important to me in the hobby, it seen cool armies rather than seen the latest internet list.
​There been so many different armies & models that been a big inspiration toward my Iron Warriors & other armies I've collected.

​So I want to make my one to go with my Chaos era Iron Warriors. I still see the Legions still using relic from the Heresy in battles to this day. So maybe run down, but other Legion & warbands might see them for glory or taken from rival's. I've got some of the trophy set aside. I just need to buy one of the FW Renegade models that got a shell. While there will be a Iron Warrior, like Mark, who will be given them order where to fire.

med_gallery_13342_13449_126795.jpg

I though it was really cool we get a Renegade tank crew, I never knew this to be honesty.

med_gallery_13342_13449_664869.jpg

Then spent a bit time today while taken a break from Assassin's Creed Origins for the PS4. I'm just waiting on a siege shield to arrive, like his other Brother Siege Dreadnought. I'm going to add a Iron Warrior to the base to help remind me that he has a Melta weapon & also a good way rep the Inv save. Not quite sure what I will do to try make the Melta Battle Brother conversion yet.
​While the Siege Dreadnought, I'm going to look though past events photos I've take of my games & pick few for the trophy.

med_gallery_13342_13449_919856.jpg

Always enjoy your wip and seeing what new things you have up next. And the speed you crank stuff out is amazing.

Thanks for the comment Sagentus.

​Update

I am still spending a lot time that the moment on the PS4 with the Assassin's Creed Origin game. But have been getting some hobby done here & there.

That the second Siege Dreadnought getting there. I'm just waiting on a few parts to arrive. So trophy, parts for the Iron Warrior arm with melta who will be on the base. Trophy wise, I'm going to add a Dark Angel, Imperial Fist, Black Legion & the Eldar (base on my friend Andy) that will go onto the top of the Dreadnought hull. I'd like to try get a Iron Hands trophy added.

med_gallery_13342_13449_580950.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_40516.jpg

Then here the crew member for the Minotaur Artillery tank. Bio send some part to help convert up the right arm. I'm also waiting for reply from Forge World on the tracks & once that happen, I would like to spend Friday & Sunday painting this model.

med_gallery_13342_13449_514140.jpg

I went back today just add some detail to the FW Iron Warrior transfer. Just painting the eye part red after already painting this on other models. Though look pretty cool & something that will happen with future models.

med_gallery_13342_13449_169572.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_483063.jpg

One thing I would like to do this year is to make another squad. It would be inspired by White Dwarf 202, this was the first copy I got when I started the hobby & what got me to collect Chaos Space Marines.

​So the squad would be sort mix between John Blanche conversion art work & Andy Chamber Iron Warriors. Thanks to the release of Necromunda, this has help a bit. There will still be element of my own Iron Warriors into this like trophy & the armour plate loin cloths.

med_gallery_13342_13449_76949.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1503255.jpg

I also got time during yesterday & today to get some work done to the Forgefane squad, Rhino. So transfer where done yesterday & just spray varnish during today. Also got time to convert up the Iron Warrior crew member for this, so might aim get him painted on Thursday.

med_gallery_13342_13449_958860.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_887273.jpg

Then here some more Nurgle models. So first half my fifth squad. I think I'm going aim for seven units of Plague Marines.

med_gallery_13342_13449_949960.jpg

Then the new Plague drone that was painted last week.

med_gallery_13342_13449_569193.jpg

Then pick up these two models during the weekend.

med_gallery_13342_13449_657042.jpg

The Blighthauler looks good! Have you given any thought about variance between the individual haulers, or are they going to, all three, be identical?

Also, any chance you could get the measurements of the Minotaur for me? I've been looking for the dimensions of the Malcador for a conversion, and as I can't find any, the Minotaur is built off the same chassis.

The Blighthauler looks good! Have you given any thought about variance between the individual haulers, or are they going to, all three, be identical?

Also, any chance you could get the measurements of the Minotaur for me? I've been looking for the dimensions of the Malcador for a conversion, and as I can't find any, the Minotaur is built off the same chassis.

Thanks - When I get a second squad I'm going to convert them a bit more with parts from the Drone set in the near future. I'll be looking replace the base for the current once in the near future as well, just wanted get some models ready for painting as Assassin's Creed taken up more time than I though :D

Update

Start off 2018. The new White Dwarf arrive. I didn't expect to see this in the Temporal Distort article, where it was looking back that the 2013 August issue of the White Dwarf, where my Iron Warriors where part of the Army of the Month article.

If I could, I would like to one day get my Iron Warriors back in the White Dwarf. But with the amount of models now & not been able to drive, it not all that easy to transport.

med_gallery_13342_13449_44006.jpg

Then just a few thing.

​So started getting the armour stage done for the Minotaur tank. I'm wanting to spend Sunday, the last day of my Christmas holidays getting as much painted as possible. I've just order the Renegade crew which should arrive during the week.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Renegade-Militia-Artillery-Crew

med_gallery_13342_13449_507393.jpg

The Iron Warriors who will command this tank. Bio has send a few part for me to finish the conversion.

med_gallery_13342_13449_76596.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_69211.jpg

Then the Forgefane Rhino crew, going to paint him tomorrow, then later in the day get the last bit weather powder done.

med_gallery_13342_13449_231951.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_467712.jpg

Also going to get this Primaris trophy painted. Going base this upon a one off Ultramarine squad I painted last month.

med_gallery_13342_13449_547210.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_50020.jpg

Update

With yesterday been the last day of my Christmas holidays. Here how the Minotaur Artillery tank looking. It just got varnish today & first layer of weather powder applied later on. Aim to have the model complete by the end of the week

med_gallery_13342_13449_563888.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_97866.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_488531.jpg

Then the finial crew member for the tank arrive. The Renegade with the shell. So they will be in the same colour as rest of my Chaos Guards/Renegade.

med_gallery_13342_13449_373390.jpg

Then here a Warpsmith I painted a while ago. I bought the Warpsmith model a while back for a conversion. Though be shame for rest of him to sit there doing nothing/gather dust so went about looking for left over parts.

​That was him varnish today & just need Blood for the Blood god applied to the axe & some part of the models.

med_gallery_13342_13449_85885.jpg

Then the Iron Warrior battle brother who crew the Forgefane Rhino is now finish as well. I've just got to add some new trophy to the Rhino itself

med_gallery_13342_13449_303737.jpg

I'm also going to go back to these two Predator & add some new trophy to them. Both predator tanks where built & painted back in 2012 during the Christmas holidays, while I was getting my Iron Warriors ready for the White Dwarf. I've been mean to go back & add few more trophy & thank to waiting we had the 340 skulls release.

med_gallery_13342_13449_534277.jpg

With the Daemon codex due out this weekend. I'm going to go back to my Daemons during this year. I had a Daemon force once back in 2008 when the 5th ed codex was release & I really enjoy painting them.

​Since then I though of always going back when I started this Iron Warriors force, before allies became part of the game. But when the 6th/7th ed codex was release, sadly the Screamer Council list was created, the first ever list (was usely base on person I game against) that I flat out refuse to game against. I didn't enjoy gaming against it that a few events & that later led to me really hate the Deathstar list.

This in turn put me off wanting to start my Daemons. Same way few of my friends where put off there Eldar they'd been collecting for years because of the Warp Spider spam list.

But then the Bloodthister model was release. It was really cool. Me & two of my friends where given a hobby challenge between us & would have our models on display that my local store. For me it was to see how fast it could get painted, with in a few days the Bloodthister was complete, following Duncan painting guide over on the Warhammer TV along with element of my own. Just I knew right away I wanted this model to be part my Iron Warriors no matter what.

Then this followed one from seen the Warhammer World big display with Daemonkin vs Ultramarines. I'd always been a fan of the plastic Bloodletter when they where release 2008, they where main part of my list. Also Midnight Runner had suggested a really cool list where I use Daemonkin with my Unbound Knight force.

I started getting my Daemons on the go. I think it took me 8 hour in all to paint 8 Bloodletter. I followed the paint scheme from the Warhammer World display with a few extra highlight. During last year saw me push forward with this force, there 60 Bloodletter in all (30 them painted for ETL)

So right now I have a decent core force. I think right now. I'm wanting to see 3x Soul Grinder, like the Deflier get some cool base for them. I'd also like the model a Herald. I was thinking of the Slaughtermaster from the Storm of Iron & Dead Sky Black Sun novel

Slaughtermaster - The Slaughterman (original name unknown) is a gigantic Iron Warrior and the conductor of the infernal Daemon Engine known as the Omphalos Daemonium. Towering even for a Space Marine, the Slaughterman carries a long, iron-hafted billhook. He wears an iron-helm from which two burning yellow eyes are visible. A conglomeration of iron, daemon, and Chaos Space Marine, the Slaughterman captures souls for the Omphalos Daemonium and brings them to the slave-forges of the Iron Warriors homeworld of Medrengard. Possessed and entirely under the control of the Omphalos Daemonium whose mission he faithfully carries out, the Slaughterman is more then a match for even seasoned Space Marines like Uriel Ventris, dispatching the Ultramarine easily

This way it will help tie my Daemons force along side my Iron Warriors. Then release permitting, when I start my World Eater warband - There going to be theme as a understrength warband that fought on the Warhammer World display

But for time been here some of the Daemons I painted last year.

gallery_13342_13449_133151.jpg

The Bloodthister I painted as part of a hobby challenge.

med_gallery_13342_13449_55169.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_133829.jpg

All 60 Bloodletter have free hand painted rune on the blade.

Update

Whitechapel: Decennium

But you're a part of a brotherhood that never admits defeat

Here the second Siege Dreadnought I got back in December, while I was that Warhammer World last month. Since this photo was taken, the model now been undercoated & has the metallic phase done. Aim spend tomorrow painting the Siege Dreadnought.

med_gallery_13342_13449_89896.jpg

Again, adding a Iron Warrior Battle Brother on the base to help remind me that the Siege Dreadnought has a Melta.

med_gallery_13342_13449_138588.jpg

Beside his brother Siege Dreadnought.

med_gallery_13342_13449_232518.jpg

Here the Warpsmith. It been a while, but he finish. I bought the Warpsmith model to use parts on a conversion. Felt it was shame that the rest of the kit sat there doing nothing. So gather together some parts like the Mechanicus HQ (axe) & few other part. Just wanted to get this Warpsmith built.

med_gallery_13342_13449_557695.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_395191.jpg

Just got this Forgefiend last week. It was part of a trade over on facebook. I'm looking forward to added this model for my Iron Warriors rank.

med_gallery_13342_13449_475102.jpg

++Daemons++

​I though I'd take time & get photos of all the daemon stuff I currently have.

As said before. I collected Daemons back in 2008, really enjoyed using them. I had a army log on these forum with a challenge by my local store manger to get them painted in a few weeks. But as time went on, my painting style & skills change. I sold that lot on with the hope of re-starting a new Daemon force to match the Iron Warriors you see today.

But after getting codex Daemons & looking forward to this. I ended up been put off collecting daemons for a while. That simple because of the Screamer Council list that was kicking about. It wasn't fun to game against, it ended up been the first army list wise that I would flat out refuse to game against. This is why I've been happy with 8th ed & how they are deal with "those" type of list. It not how I wish to enjoy the gaming side of the hobby, it not why I want to give up a weekend & money to go to a event.

​When the Bloodthister model got release, that made me look back that the Daemons. Then this was follow by the Warhammer World Bloodoath book & seen the really cool display back when Warhammer World re-open & since then ever time I travel to Nottingham.

​There was a formation & my aim was to collect this. It was for the Daemonkin. Khorne my favrioted among the Daemons & for the Chaos gods.

​But with codex Daemons been release & my Iron Warriors been able to use Daemon thank to the new codex. It time I go back to the models I started building & painting during last year.

med_gallery_13342_13449_253423.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_414017.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_548472.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_271874.jpg

Bloodletter - This originally aim was for 80 of these models, but I've only gotten to 60. They where painted following the way the Warhammer World team did there for the Chaos vs Ultramarine display. Just any other time I've painted a Bloodletter different, it didn't quite look right to me. A key part of painting them is using the Mephiston red spray rather than the pot of paint.

med_gallery_13342_13449_456614.jpg

This was the first Bloodthister I bought. The manger of my local store give me & two other a hobby challenge each for these models. Mine was to get him painted with in the week. Then we had all of our on display in the store. I follow Duncan painting guide over on the Warhammer TV. Then going on to add some my own, like adding gloss varnish to the wings o make them stand out a bit more.

med_gallery_13342_13449_50407.jpg

I ended up getting a second Bloodthister in September in 2016? It was just for something to paint during my holidays.

I'm aim on getting the codex tomorrow if possible. I've got a few idea. For one of the Heralds, I'd like to try model something like the Slaughtermaster from the Storm of Iron & Dead Sky Black Sun novel. This was Iron Warrior armour possessed by a Daemon & a Imperial Guard.

Slaughtermaster - The Slaughterman (original name unknown) is a gigantic Iron Warrior and the conductor of the infernal Daemon Engine known as the Omphalos Daemonium. Towering even for a Space Marine, the Slaughterman carries a long, iron-hafted billhook. He wears an iron-helm from which two burning yellow eyes are visible. A conglomeration of iron, daemon, and Chaos Space Marine, the Slaughterman captures souls for the Omphalos Daemonium and brings them to the slave-forges of the Iron Warriors homeworld of Medrengard. Possessed and entirely under the control of the Omphalos Daemonium whose mission he faithfully carries out, the Slaughterman is more then a match for even seasoned Space Marines like Uriel Ventris, dispatching the Ultramarine easily

This way it will allow my Daemons to fit the narrative of my Iron Warriors & also tie in with my World Eater (new Berzerker models permitting).

Edit

​Also got the Warhammer World only Chaos coin's

med_gallery_13342_13449_1197.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_252014.jpg

Edited by Insane Psychopath

Update

Had a lot going on that the moment & due bad weather during the weekend meant I was stuck that home as well but ended up spend time trying complete Assassin's Creed Origin.

Here how the Siege Dreadnought looking right now. Still lot to get painted. But I'd like to have the model ready for it first game on Thursday.

Trophy wise

Dark Angel - The IW Dreadnought I got from ebay, I use the head on this Siege Dreadnought. But before this, the model had a dead Dark Angel on the base. Also it will rep my friend Dave from game had back 2012. Sadly the blog no longer around with the battle report.

Imperial Fist - Again the FW Dread I got from ebay had a few them. This will be base on my friend John force after Rapid Fire 2017 last year

Black Legion - Same, was on the FW Dreadnought I got from ebay, but also rep my friend Ian when his Black Legion & my Iron Warriors "always" ended up gameing against each other in ever single local event during 2008 to 2010. It became a running joke that we would ask what round we'd like to get our game.

Eldar - Base on my friend Andy force after our game that the ELG 40k Radio world wide war 2008.

Bloodletter - Base on my game vs my friend Daemonkin. Just one of the scene saw Lord Narach, my Sorcerer & Terminators holding against two Bloodthister, two unit Berzerker, 20 Cultist, Bloodletter, Bloodcrusher, Khârn. There was a lot thrown that my unit of Terminators & how they held out from turn 3 to turn 7 slow been slay. Been one most epic scene to see, sadly my mobile photo never done this justice.

CrimsoN Fist - Again Dave from the Warhammer World Campaign weekend, when my Iron Warriors had to slay his HQ who believe them self a saint.

med_gallery_13342_13449_498368.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_309669.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_392683.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_61423.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_140641.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_355864.jpg

Then just having a quick look that my models. A friend said about wanting to face a all Dreadnought force, have them led by my Warpsmith. So far there 18 Dreadnought. I've still got another 2nd ed era Metal Dreadnought waiting to get painted as well.

med_gallery_13342_13449_269231.jpg

Thanks to Bio, he'd sent some parts for the Iron Warrior who going to led the Minotaur Artillery tank

med_gallery_13342_13449_316783.jpg

Then the Basilisk I got last week. I'm hoping to start building this tomorrow.

med_gallery_13342_13449_395238.jpg

After finish re-reading the Black Legion novel. I'm going back to the classic, Storm of Iron. Always try to re-read this once per year. No matter, there always idea from this novel.

med_gallery_13342_13449_333268.jpg

Then pick up the brand new codex Daemons. I was hoping get this during the week, but we've had bad weather & meant been stuck that home. I think for my Daemons, it is going to be all Khorne.
​I think new models, get a few Skullcannons, Soul Grinder, Herald (spoke about recently) & then look that Forge World for a few of the Daemonic units. I might also get another Kytan, it would be in the Iron Warrior colour scheme again but try convert it to be a bit more warp & as a bigger version of what I'm aim convert for my Herald. Herald been base on the Slaughtermaster from the Storm of Iron & Dead Sky Black Sun novel.

med_gallery_13342_13449_400171.jpg

Nice work on the new dread, especially the colours of the Eldar trophy heads and the chaos star on the Black Legionnaire.

Very imposing wall of metal with the dread-horde there too, most fitting for the Iron IV.

Nice work on the new dread, especially the colours of the Eldar trophy heads and the chaos star on the Black Legionnaire.

Very imposing wall of metal with the dread-horde there too, most fitting for the Iron IV.

​Thanks. I was hoping to use the Dreadnought in a game this week. But due to not getting a lift, mean they will have to wait for another time.

The White Eldar base on my friend Andy jet bike force they had when 5th ed was just release. Dark Eldar was base upon my own when I did try start collecting them, just a friend who collected Dark Eldar never really gotten there own painted.

Update

Not had as much time to get the Siege Dreadnought painted. But he is getting there. I'm hoping to get the finial detail added tomorrow & Blood for the blood god applied. But the weather powder going to have to wait until the weekend to get done.

Just varnish the model today.

med_gallery_13342_13449_305105.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_411551.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_419140.jpg##

med_gallery_13342_13449_379376.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_179286.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_85871.jpg

Then the crew for the minotaur & basilisk tanks.

med_gallery_13342_13449_155296.jpg

Wanted to try use parts from the Goliath models. So the head & pads are from those sprure. So I will be going forward with my near in the future, unit inspired by Andy Chamber own Iron Warriors & John Blanche art work - both seen in White Dwarf 202.

​Also use the bionic leg from the Iron Hands model from the Deathwatch game.

med_gallery_13342_13449_564360.jpg

Then spent a bit of time adding trophy onto the Basilisk. Just need to find more Chaos spike spure for tanks.

med_gallery_13342_13449_427027.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_502622.jpg

Just place a order with Fallout hobbies to try create transfer for me, to have a list of campaign names. Ether once from the background or once I've taken part in gaming wise. If this happen, then going to re-do the once I did for the Terminator Icon bearer.

med_gallery_13342_13449_245572.jpg

Update

Spent a hour yesterday adding trophy to the second Basilisk. While a few hour ago was removing the Imperial icons from the tank hull. So this will be ready for painting during the week.
​I'm possible going to buy my third Basilisk tomorrow as well, just have a squad of them.

Sadly didn't get much time on Wednesday to paint the crew for this Basilisk or the Minotaur.

med_gallery_13342_13449_250013.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_49904.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_109386.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_105805.jpg

With the release of the Daemon codex. I'm now looking that my Daemons. Right now I have a good core with 60 Bloodletter that where fully painted last year, along with two Bloodthister.

​I'm going to convert up a Herald which will be theme on the Slaughtermaster from Storm of Iron & Dead Sky Black Sun novel. This way allow to theme my Daemon to tie in with my Iron Warriors & future World Eaters

med_gallery_13342_13449_41835.jpg

Also search though a few boxes & found a few models that I'd built last year but seem to been put one side & forgotten about. Skullcannon when I bought the Battle force box set.

While the Flesh hounds are all from the Age of Sigmar started set. I've already got one painted & I think I've got a few more in boxes.

I just need another box of Bloodcrusher, Skullcannon & Soul Grinder, that should allow me get some games pretty soon with my Daemons.

med_gallery_13342_13449_445427.jpg

That the second Siege Dreadnought now complete

med_gallery_13342_13449_257441.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_43825.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_129636.jpg

The finished dread's looking sterling as usual, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the Slaughterman.

Thanks for the comment Pearson73. I'm going to give the Primaris Marine to Syn (see his Slannesh army log) so he can sculpt on the model for me. Just I lack the skills to sculpt. So hopeful get the model posted to Syn during this week.

Update

Spent a bit time here & there during today try get bit more work done to the Minotaur Artillery tank. Just get the crew added & adding soot weather powder. I just need to go back & add finial detail & tidy up other part on this model.

med_gallery_13342_13449_416771.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_484066.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_521906.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_367071.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_474792.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_346215.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_146484.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_445369.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_61345.jpg

Photo of the crew taken yesterday.

med_gallery_13342_13449_182527.jpg

Also going to go back to re-read a few Black Library novels. No matter how long since there release, how many time I've read & re-read them, they've always offer new idea's & further shown why Chaos Space Marines are my main faction, why I enjoy collecting them for all the years I've been in this hobby.

med_gallery_13342_13449_86733.jpg

Then adding some finial trophy to the second Basilisk. A third one was order yesterday as well.

​I'm ether going to repaint the Goliath head on the Iron Warrior model or possible replace it with the FW MkII IW Helmets I'm not quite sure yet. While the Servitor might get replace & try to keep it Dark Mechanicus who are crew the Basilisk with the Iron Warriors. I've been looking that the Warhammer World Titan display from photos I've taken & just few idea from that.

med_gallery_13342_13449_110956.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_198506.jpg

Saw the Chaos Dreadhold Keep are no longer on sale on the Games Workshop web site & saw this. So bought this & going to make a second Bastion. The first one still getting built. I'm going to set a day aside in February to get it fully built & also get this second one built, as I've got the idea's finial lock in. I'm starting to look into fortification for my Iron Warriors

med_gallery_13342_13449_18186.jpg

The finished dread's looking sterling as usual, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the Slaughterman.

Thanks for the comment Pearson73.  I'm going to give the Primaris Marine to Syn (see his Slannesh army log) so he can sculpt on the model for me.  Just I lack the skills to sculpt.  So hopeful get the model posted to Syn during this week.

Bound to be something good then! It's great to see such collaboration between members of the board and hobby.

The Minotaur and crew are looking great too.

Thanks for the comments :D

Quick update

Spent today painting the second Basilisk.

med_gallery_13342_13449_425098.jpg

One of the two Thousand Sons trophy, this one base of my friend force I fought that Rapid Fire last year in the last round.

med_gallery_13342_13449_68394.jpg

Then Space Wolf Iron Priest.

med_gallery_13342_13449_308185.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_388862.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_374185.jpg

So, hoping to get the transfer added to the Basilisk tomorrow if time permits. Then get the model finish painted during the weekend.

Also pick up box of Genestealer Cult. I though might be better for the crew. So I am ether going to convert them into servitors, inspired by the Warhammer World Titan dock display (see below). Or I just make them as Chaos Guards, using Mechanicus heads & try give them the backpack from FW/seen on my other Chaos Guards force.

med_gallery_13342_13449_167920.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_1568.jpg

Wow! That’s a cool display! Looking forward to seeing what you do with those biological misfits! Swapping heads for mechanicus ones sound nifty.

You can see some more photos over on the Warhammer World page

https://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2017/08/02/now-on-display-the-titan-dock-diorama/

But there a lot servitors that use the Genestealer cult body for conversion.

Also look like I'm 17 games away from my 1000th game for the 5th Grand Company.  Aim Throne of Skulls April, Round 5 as the 1000th game.  For a place & a event that been really important to me & pretty much my Iron Warriors life.

Thanks to Warpmiss for find a part from Echoes of the Long War.  Another thing I'm possible planning in the near future, it all down to a friend & if there able to find Forge World barbed wire brass etching for me to make this possible.  I'd like to theme the unit of Chaos era Siege Tyrants.

This is all I could find in the sixth book, it's very short.

When they first appear:

Behind them marched a second ten-man squad, who fanned out, adopting a staggered firing line of bolters and siege weaponry, shielding the ponderous advance of a final three Iron Warriors behind them. They were huge, armoured like tanks, and bound in razor wire. Terminators. The colossi stomped into position behind the Traitor Space Marines, Tactical Dreadnought suits purring and belching black smoke as they redressed the aim of their combi-bolters towards the Militarum Tempestus men.

And then later:

‘Theron,’ he growled. The most elaborately armoured of the Terminators turned in answer to his name, in a shiver of razorwire and painful iconography.

Thanks Syn :biggrin.: Did you see that the days for DWARF events are now posted up on facebook?

Quick update

Got a few spare moment today start building the crew for the Third Basilisk & one of the Chaos Guards for the second - current Basilisk.

med_gallery_13342_13449_374698.jpg

Then, when you get the order to Execute order 66!!!!

med_gallery_13342_13449_187237.jpg

Here how the second Basilisk is current looking, it just need a finial layer of weather powder. Then I can add Blood for the Blood god to a few of the trophy :biggrin.:

med_gallery_13342_13449_380872.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_92812.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_514107.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_156084.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_462419.jpg

Each year I make sure to re-read Storm of Iron that least once. No matter how many year ago it was release, how many times it been re-read. It always offer new idea's.

med_gallery_13342_13449_172246.jpg

One of the hobby dreams would be to re-create a Chaos Titan. This one been from the classic Siege of Terra display that was in Warhammer World a good long time ago. It just time. Just I've gotten part the really great battle scene with the Chaos vs Imperial titan in Storm of Iron.

med_gallery_13342_13449_31352.jpg

Also planning for Nottingham.

med_gallery_13342_13449_21325.jpg

So right now I'm always looking to add new cool models to my Iron Warriors & to my Chaos faction in general. Some time it good to have a few note down sort of plan. Right now I'm planning

Iron Warriors

• I still want to make a Marine era version of Warsmith Abhorred Riddick. I mean while I've already got the classic from 2001 & then did a up to date version using the metal Chaos Lord model. I want to try convert more plastic one & since there lot of cool parts, like the Tech Priest servo arm.
  • Trench theme unit of Iron Warriors: Something I've sort had in my head for a while. Thanks to the Genestealer cult release, it made it that bit more possible. The only thing left to plan out a sort of Servo arm conversion for there Rhino transport. Like George Dellapina done for his Tech Priest for his Guard force in White Dwarf 314.
  • Terminators with Barbed Wire over the armour. A few friends are currently search to see if they have the FW brass etch for me. If this happen, then I want to get this unit on the go as a Chaos era version of Siege Tyrants, inspired by Echoes of the Long War novel.
  • I've still got a 2nd ed era Metal Dreadnought sitting there waiting to get painted. Most like going be for ETL
  • Got 2 Forgefiend sitting there to get painted, ETL time.
  • Second Kytan but this will also be for my Daemons.

Daemons

• Herald theme on the Slaughtermaster from Storm of Iron
  • Unit Bloodcrusher
  • 2x Skullcannons
  • 3x Soul Grinders
  • 8x Fleshhounds
  • Icon for my Bloodletter units

Death Guard

• Lord
  • Sorcerer
  • Rhinos for the squads
  • Zombies
  • Add two more squad of Plague Marines, so I have 7 unit in total
  • Add more Death shroud terminators

Order 66 Marine is awesome. How about Sentinel legs for the rhino servo arms?

Thanks Bio

It was something I try in the past, but sadly didn't work out.  However, again thanks to the Genestealer Cult release with there transport (I need the dozerblade) & the recent Terrain that has the claws.....it brought more hope & something going to try out :D  It something I really want to work out.

I think the Space Marine Techmarine Rhino in the 4th ed codex use the Sentinel legs as well.

The small holographic Terminator has to be one of the most brilliant things I've seen recently! What a cool idea! :)

What are those parts you've used for the tassets on the guy with the Termie hologram, by the way (not the Ork Nob loincloth, but the things at the sides)? I've seen that bit used like that several times now, but I don't recognise it.