[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

But strapped for time but I only got two days on-call duty to go, so I'll be ready to bring all that Medusan flair down on the Broodlord come the weekend!

As for XP

Initial 1000:

Tech-Use (400, from Techmarine Adavance)

The Flesh is weak I ( 500, from IH Advance)

100 unspent

500 XP : Autosanguine

Solastion:

500: Sanguinary Priest (First Founding)

400: Frenzy (Blood Angels, DW Core)

200: Simple Adv. Int.

400: Battle Rage (Blood Angels, DW Core)

Total: 1.5k

I think we talked about having Akkad with some PDF support draw attention, Tyber taking the Interrogator, 9 other willing troopers (plus driver and crew for 2-12) and getting ready to launch an Armoured Fist assault through a wall section once enough defenders have been drawn off to shoot at Akkad+troopers, while most others take to the sewers to cut off any escape of the brood lord / patriarch.... at least that's where it was at the end of page 121 of this thread... I'm open to options. :happy.:

I think Tyber would be okay with that, 12 rounds is a long time for an Astartes to be in combat after all. :yes:

Besides Tyber's got 5 fate points he can burn one to live some how. Might finally get that blessing of iron that Sabaan is always going on about...:ph34r.: :biggrin.: 

Okay for the 1600 XP that Tyber has available, and trying to justify purchases based on what he's actually done in the mission...

Pending CM's approval:

WS Intermediate (500) [This would make his WS 54]

STR Intermediate (500) [This would make his STR 53, meaning his Unnatural STR damage goes up to +10]

AGI Simple (200) [This will put his AGI at 48]

Dodge +20 (200, RoB page 42 chapter advance of No Respite for the Enemy) [Reflected by the lack of hits he's taken this mission]

Double Team (200, Core Book page 73]

Edit:

I'll take the like by CM to mean approval, edits made to character sheet and character profile spoiler section to reflect purchases.

Edit #2:

So I just want to double check with everyone, are we going through with the three pronged approach? Akkad+troops drawing Fire, Tyber+Mortals doing a surprise armoured assault through a wall and everyone else save for Atratus (whom is spotting for people with his scope?) going down below to cut off the escape of the broodlord / patriarch?

Edited by Steel Company

Hmm decisions, decisions...just seems like everything is pushing me down the road of Heavy Bolter Glory...

MR.

Hey man, once we get access to Implosion Bolts you wont be regretting that decision when you can reduce someone to 0 Agility.

Hell, get the Marksman Talent and with Kraken Bolts in your HB boosting your range by 50% from 150m to 225 (iirc) then, due to Marksman allowing you to ignore range penalty, making you able to shoot effectively at peeps up to 675m away.

Then you upgrade to a lascannon when we need to snipe and you can shoot peeps up to 900m away.

Edited by Slips

Not up to me to approve as long as it is legal!

Mazer - you have 1600 and Greysight 1400 to make up for before!

Appreciated! :biggrin.:

Will get a post up to advise of choices ASAP.

EDIT: Ok here we go.

Simple Advance Strength +5, 200xp, Dev Advances

Simple Advance Toughness +5 500xp, Dev Advances

Signature Wargear - (Heavy Bolter, Cadence! Requisition Value 20, Renown Level: Initiate) 500xp Gen Space Marine Advances

Tactics: Assault Doctrine 200xp Codex Advances

Tactics: Defensive Doctrine 200xp Codex Advances

Total: 1600xp.

Sheet and Char Profile updated.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I've noticed that too with the general Astartes advance table - there does seem to be some needless (and senseless) duplication.

Mazer - what is the point of making Cadence your signature wargear? Surely the Heavy Bolter is part of a Devastator's standard equipment anyway? I'm all for fluff, but it seems like you're hampering yourself unnecessarily.