[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Morovir's character is an Obsidian Glaives Techmarine. Check the character thread (first post) for an overview. It is best to think of both Kill-Teams as one large party that can be subdivided.

Reyner - My preference is for you to have the Missile Launcher. I honestly think you will get more utility out of it, especially if I throw armoured vehicles (or carnifexes?) at you all...

Reyner, I second CM on the Missile launcher over Frag cannon, the ability to take special warheads for the launcher, on top of the fact that you get 10 times the range (250m optimal for the ML vs 20m optimal for the FC), are really key things.

Warhead options available before hitting respected:

Frag

Krak

Concussion (a favorite of mine)

Incendiary

Anti-Plant

At distinguished all of the above plus:

Plasma

Pretty much all of them have something about them that are hilarious when used in the right context, for example the closing paragrap of the anti-plant gernade / missile:

When used against xenos who have plant-like features or are, in fact, sentient plants, these munitions deal Toughness Damage to their targets that ignores any armour or other damage reducing bonuses.

Rights of Battle, page 136

To be fair MR, Blackthron lacks a Librarian, so maybe Sowrdhand can get by with out a Techmarine?

Well maybe if I keep eating KFC Tyranid brains, we can remedy that.... :wink: but fair point!

Morovir's character is an Obsidian Glaives Techmarine. Check the character thread (first post) for an overview. It is best to think of both Kill-Teams as one large party that can be subdivided.

Reyner - My preference is for you to have the Missile Launcher. I honestly think you will get more utility out of it, especially if I throw armoured vehicles (or carnifexes?) at you all...

Gah, of course he is, I'm a pleb, disregard my addled wits.

Reyner - Boomtube for the win!

MR.

Welcome Captain Krash!

With a name like that, we advise you not be the designated pilot for your team. So, looking at our record, who am I to judge ;)

Have begun updating my placeholders! For the Omnissiah, the Primarch and the Emperor! And because Mol asked for it!

I always enjoy reading your updates Xin, I really enjoy Sabaan's view of the world of meat and bone.:D

Thanks for the praise! Also I will have to work on being a less artist-y this year, so I don't have to make you make you all wait on Sabaan's escapades all that time.

Edit: And always enjoy the GM updates, Mol! Especially when it just screams Ambush across all frequencies ;)

Edited by Xin Ceithan

What Slips? Were you thinking "some kind of bio-resin..." too?

Naw, metal so that we could trivialize this by mag-locking with our mag boots across the cistern :tongue.:

That works too...

Admittedly, the movie "Aliens" was on the other week, so I got to enjoy watching that 1986 classic bug hunt.... hence the remark about "bio-resin".:wink:

Xin, you will need to be specific about where you wish to be looking for any perception test. I'm also unsure you can do any anchoring AND check. Some detail on how you wish to anchor would be useful. Are you planning on wading out first, or will you allow one of the others to do so first?

Now, Look what Happens when I hurry :p

Ok, so I pur three steps in a row here:

Check for ambushers

Check gor traps (esoecially submerged ones)

Then

Check for a way to brace himself while getting across or assist his Brothers to get across ... no actual move yet.

But if that eases the path, Sabaan could anchor himself midway, as a sort of ( grumpy )?grappling anchor.

Hope that clears things up

Hi all: I doubt I will be able to update tonight and Saturday is dubious (unless the wife is asleep...) so updates will be on Sunday.

Mazer: Two thoughts - firstly, I assume Akkad's strength is without the armour? So he would actually be rolling against 70 and have a SB of 12? Secondly, it appears that after declaring the grapple you should've selected one of the options. I assume the unarmed damage one? If so, the Grox rolls a 62, passing with no degress of success. It has TB10 and 4 natural armour.

Edited by Commissar Molotov

No, Ranks in DW are based on XP spent, not XP awarded. If you spent all 5000 of your XP you would only be 1xp into Rank 2 anyway (and so unable to purchase rank 2 advances until your next xp award.) Edited by Commissar Molotov