[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

That sounds great, just remember Murphy's combat laws:

"No battle plan survives contact with the enemy."

My only real worry about it is, once we start to drop heavy ordinance into the area is the Broodloard hitting the tunnels and being in the wind before we can do anything about it. It'd be great if the PDF could support Tyber's spear-head with other armoured fist squads or heavy weapons on the outside of the building to draw the defenders to one side while the breaching team (armoured fist) enter on the other side of the building into their rear flank.

I feel we do not have the volume of artillery to really put the hurt down fast enough. Odds are, the Broodlord just gets up and away and we throw off enough dirt and debris so he sneak away with our help. Or that is what my local GM would do if we players choose the "lazy" way ;)

Also, this is game of giant space knights beating the enemies of mankind up close and personal. We use the PDF for meat shields, diversion and fluffy mock up around us and the Siege guns to flatten any things that attempts to get away or wants to help the cultist out.

We are Killteam Blackthorn. Not Brigade Blackthorn.

I feel we do not have the volume of artillery to really put the hurt down fast enough. Odds are, the Broodlord just gets up and away and we throw off enough dirt and debris so he sneak away with our help. Or that is what my local GM would do if we players choose the "lazy" way :wink:

Also, this is game of giant space knights beating the enemies of mankind up close and personal. We use the PDF for meat shields, diversion and fluffy mock up around us and the Siege guns to flatten any things that attempts to get away or wants to help the cultist out.

We are Killteam Blackthorn. Not Brigade Blackthorn.

That's how I'd do it too as the GM if my players tried something like that.

I'm all for making this as cinematic as we can, while trying to keep the book keeping as light as possible for CM. :yes:

Well if you all want to stealth in the back door I have to say, my armour is as quiet as three skeletons having a cuddle on a tin roof, while a fourth pours a gallon jar of quarters onto them, whilst playing the maracas with his knees.

Need to decide gents before our series gets cancelled and those gents from Swordhand get Season 2 all to themselves. :wink:

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I feel we do not have the volume of artillery to really put the hurt down fast enough. Odds are, the Broodlord just gets up and away and we throw off enough dirt and debris so he sneak away with our help. Or that is what my local GM would do if we players choose the "lazy" way :wink:

Clearly we want the artillery to shoot a different part of the district, so the broodlord hunkers down and the sound of the shelling masks our approach.

So I think we're ready?

Set up bombardment of the Medusas to another section with Slaughterhouses

Lower entry team goes in

Akkad and troopers set up to draw fire on one side of the building

Armoured Fist team goes through wall on other side of the building

Lower team surprises Broodlord either from behind or in nest

At least that would be optimal conditions, so who knows where the Emperor will take us.

So I think we're ready?

At least that would be optimal conditions, so who knows where the Emperor will take us.

Victory brother!  The Emperor will take us to victory.  (Bangs fist into chest)

Let's get it done :)

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Ideally we'd contrive to get all the players into the same general area in time for the boss fight, get those squad modes working.

Absolutely, the diversion is only to allow the rest of you to slip in unnoticed, once Steel breaches, he and I will work our way onto Blackthorn's beacon so we strike as one.

MR.

Post up, re-writing the prayer scene. Should you wish to, feel free to think about your character's thoughts and feelings. Remember that all of what we have done so far on Syndalla has taken place within one night (about ~10 hours or so!) 

Equally, if you want any more strategising with Haltreme and Ryken, post it here in spoilers and I can paste it in. 

I would like tomorrow to have some form of set-up, so that combat can begin over this week. We have about 20 days to finish this up in a timely fashion so we can begin Episode 2!