[BC] A Vulgar Display of Power: OOC/Discussion Thread

Necronaut

If it is not a spanner in the works, I have been toying with the idea of a Mortal character of some kind, a professional solider or maybe wearing towards the heretek.

Edit: Or as a completely out there idea, I always liked Juggernauts. Is there any way to play a mechanical demonic armoured rhino?

I just looked back in the chat and found this, Ollkyrax may be able to help with that.

I haven‘t looked up the rules for actual Possesed but nothing -short of the GM-: is stopping you from roleplaying a character  possesed by a Juggernaught / in the early stages maybe? Could buy a few talents also. Dialogue  options are a bit limiting, maybe but PBP can circumvent that, too…

I haven‘t looked up the rules for actual Possesed but nothing -short of the GM-: is stopping you from roleplaying a character possesed by a Juggernaught / in the early stages maybe? Could buy a few talents also. Dialogue options are a bit limiting, maybe but PBP can circumvent that, too…

I think the idea is to become like a juggernaut through cyber-augmentation rather than Becoming possessed by one, though I could be wrong.

Hey everyone, sorry for the radio silence for the past week or two. I have been up to my eyeballs in the day-to-day madness of real-life, and have been unable to dedicate much time to any development work for Black Crusade. Please rest assured that I want to get this off the ground and underway, so to that end I will set aside some time this weekend to finalize the character sheets (don't delete anything you have sent me thus far; if you haven't sent mw your email yet, please send it to me in a DM).

I have had to change the starting premise of the campaign a little bit to get something I was semi-happy with, and which will allow me to ease into the GM role. I'm hoping to get this thing kicked off later this month or early May, once the gauntlet of family birthdays and other events has been run and I have a little room to breathe. I will send out more information in the near future so please stay tuned.

I literally can‘t say :p

Not really sold on the Knight without a knight thing here… unless the idea is to have the character in a sortof pseudo Heretek role and have the knight things happen in an „off screen“ sort of way, awayfrom the structured combat of the other pcs since I probably wiküll face some sort of off time anyways. That feels like forcing the narrative too much IMO

So I‘ll probably go for a sorcerous type. I have a bit of a problem shoving some concepts into the BC framework tbh

e.g. most medicae stuff is going nurgly fast … which is an option but not the only one

and since we went away from the Legions Iniw have only a thousand chapters to choose from :p

Guess my first challenge will be to reign myself in if I want to go into the rabbit hole  of building a lot fines fluff or go with something more traditional but with more established framework

I think you should be some kind of hybrid brain/Irradial Cogitator, who we have to carry everywhere because you're just kind of this head in a jar/box with no legs, but you tell us how grumpy you are all the time, because you can't scratch your nose.

It means we could install you in stuff and you could take over different objects, whereas Ollkyrax can open doors and make things work, you can drive stuff, and growl at us when we call you Tinman and write graffiti on you.

I think you should be some kind of hybrid brain/Irradial Cogitator, who we have to carry everywhere because you're just kind of this head in a jar/box with no legs, but you tell us how grumpy you are all the time, because you can't scratch your nose.

It means we could install you in stuff and you could take over different objects, whereas Ollkyrax can open doors and make things work, you can drive stuff, and growl at us when we call you Tinman and write graffiti on you.

I actually quite like this :)

I‘d toyed with the idea of the scion being carried around by a servitor ( and maybe just a thing in an interface Tank ) if only for  not having to walk with the rest of you base  creatures anyway,  so this would be just a natural evolution …

How would that work stat-wise? Would the brain just count as a regular human?

See? This is why dan‘t have mice things! :p

Well,I‘d probably go for something like in „EclpsePhase“ - the mental attributes and abilities are part of your consistent primary character ( the thing in the box) with an MMIU link. Or use the psyker template for some really weird science stuff.

The physical attributes come from your „shell“ which can be anything from a suitcase on tracks to a modified battle automata / knight chassis

That seems a bit aboveour current paygrade ;)

How would that work stat-wise? Would the brain just count as a regular human?

It could be, but Marine stats might work better.  The Quality of the body could impose penalties on all attributes but the Willpower and Intelligence.

The physical attributes come from your „shell“ which can be anything from a suitcase on tracks to a modified battle automata / knight chassis

That seems a bit aboveour current paygrade :wink:

Yes, my thinking too.  The real thing is, you could be a sorcerer, since without a body, all you have is your brain - but that is fine, since you are among simpletons, who cannot comprehend your power.

It is just unfortunate that you need to rely on....potentially disposeable....allies who you choose to serve you of course, to protect your very brittle noggin-jar, but once your Noble line is restored...you'll put the peasants in order.

Shame that bloke with a shotgun could only steal a toaster.

@MR - ORAC from Blake's 7

Calling it now, the body will suddenly come back for the brain in the jar, New Vegas style

*Big Iron Intensifies*

It's alive?? :p

Depends on what alive really means, doesn't it?

All joking aside, brains in jars have a history in the 40k universe- the Heretek Votheer Tark of the Forges of Mars series/Chapter's Due novel was a brain in a jar, with a spider walker thing. I'm fairly sure I read about at least one other one, and the great Cawl himself has partitioned his own mind into multiple sub-Cawls that do various things. Its a classic concept that works, and is fairly creepy as well. 

As far as the medicae stuff goes, it doesn't have to go Nurgle, having the character be a genetor/biologus that is obsessed with improving the human body (ala- Fabius Bile), could fit in very well for a Slaaneshi or even Tzeenchian theme. Using Chaos/Warp based technology or sorcery to add in things to make baseline humans better, or even get back its body...

Edited by Lord_Ikka