[BC] A Vulgar Display of Power: OOC/Discussion Thread

Necronaut

Hands, knees and bumpsy-daisy.

You guys do realise right, that the more stuff I get involved in, the longer DoI Mission 2 is going to slip down the road?

With one hand giveth, the other taken away, and I only have two of them...until I lose the other, anyway.

EDIT: Solved..?

Edited by Mazer Rackham

3 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Hands, knees and bumpsy-daisy.

You guys do realise right, that the more stuff I get involved in, the longer DoI Mission 2 is going to slip down the road?

With one hand giveth, the other taken away, and I only have two of them...until I lose the other, anyway.

Black Crusade has been permanently cancelled! ;)

Edited by Necronaut

Don’t worry, you are not the only one who has to dig out his notes - it’s called the long War for a reason, after all… :laugh:

We should also plan  ahead on contributing something essential to the  next painting and liber challenges 

Index Astartes: Gastropoda Astra - “Procrastinators”

-in due time, of course :cool:

On 8/6/2022 at 1:21 PM, Trokair said:

So, err... what's the plan?

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the (Something, something).

Oh, wait...you meant campaign launch and such...

@Necronaut Let me know if you need any help.

Spoiler

For the record, and to add a bit of context to my posts above, I'm not threatening anyone with anything...DoI is designed to be drop-in, drop-out cyclical to allow for games like this and Plunder and Damocles. Think of it as map rotation on multiplayer game. Keeps that linen-fresh smell. A break in the rota was baked into the game premise. Anyhow, let us speak no more of this, and continue planning the fall of the Imperium...

Edited by Mazer Rackham

The plan is I'm going to finish planning out the narrative and encounters, and then start working on combat arena maps. I will certainly be bothering @Mazer Rackham and @Lysimachus thanks to the great job they have both done with their respective games.

I threw out a lot, if not most, of my narrative plans a month or so ago and started from scratch. To that end, some hopefully minor changes will need to be made to everyone's character backgrounds. Without getting rid of the great ideas that have already been put forward, I would like for each of you to slightly re-imagine your characters as if they were not natives or particularly familiar with the Screaming Vortex, but were instead in transit to the Vortex when our adventure begins. Your motivations can be entirely up to you: perhaps you were sent there by a commanding officer or ally, or you were guided there by mind-scarring visions of the hell-realm, or perhaps you were drawn there by the promise of war and plunder? In any event, I'm not going to start you off in the Vortex as I had originally planned (spoiler alert), but somewhere outside, preparing to make your final approach, as it were. 

After that, well that's up to you... 

If it pleases the GM, I have tweaked both the Chargen Bio and Sheet to finalise a lot of things. (You still have access to the sheet IIRC).

I've traded Tech Use for Operate (Aeronautica), leaving 50xp remaining as per previous build, with 1 Acq being made for a Jump Pack (Very Rare -20, Single +10 = -10 Total), have traded Bolter for Bolt Pistol (Starting Weapon).

Still debating 2nd Acq, with the possibility of asking to swap out the Legion Shotty for a slow-recharge Meltagun...but I like the idea of him kicking a door in and filling a room with lead.

As far as I can see, this focusses the character a lot better - his weird dual-personality is now gone, and puts him squarely in the Raptor/Assault Marine bracket he should be.