[BC] A Vulgar Display of Power: OOC/Discussion Thread

Necronaut

I totally agree on what you say about the medicae / apothecary themes ..

but in BC the Medicae skill and it‘s mastery are rules wise „aligned“ with Nurgle _ so you if you are advancing those you are ruleswise progressing along to being aligned with Nurgle unless you deliberately buy other things to counter that or pay through the nose for an unaligned or even opposed god aligned character ( a follower of Tzeentch aiming at buying the Masfer Chirugeon trait, e.g. ). 
It‘s one of the things I struggle with when trying to align some ideas with the rules as written at times.

So, wise and terrible GM … should I be going along this path of madness or would you prefer me to stick to more established archetypes for a starting character? :p

Wise? Not particularly. Terrible? Certainly.

Let's stick with the established archetypes to start off. If you have a more long-term goal to become a brain in a jar, then I won't stand in your way.

FYI to everyone: alignment will be more fast and loose than what is presented in the core book. What this means is merely spending XP is not what will drive your character's alignment. What the gods will be watching for are glorifying acts, sacrifices, rituals, desecration of the (un)holy sites of the Imperium and rival gods, and so on. I would like for this to be a more RP-driven affair. I'll be keeping the alignment discounts in place as-written, so develop your character wisely.

I totally agree on what you say about the medicae / apothecary themes ..

but in BC the Medicae skill and it‘s mastery are rules wise „aligned“ with Nurgle _ so you if you are advancing those you are ruleswise progressing along to being aligned with Nurgle unless you deliberately buy other things to counter that or pay through the nose for an unaligned or even opposed god aligned character ( a follower of Tzeentch aiming at buying the Masfer Chirugeon trait, e.g. ).

It‘s one of the things I struggle with when trying to align some ideas with the rules as written at times.

So in this scenario you will find it advantageous to stay unaligned until you have the baseline skills you want at the standard price before courting your preferred god (from a meta-gaming perspective). This is one of the short-comings of the BC RAW, so we'll attempt to follow the alignment through actions model, as opposed to alignment through XP spend. Additionally, if you're wanting to play a psyker who does healing, irrespective of your personal alignment, then I would recommend consulting the Biomancy powers in the Tome of Fate. They'll get you where you want to be. Edited by Necronaut

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone, terribly sorry for the long period of radio silence in this thread, and with regards to this game. My summer, much like Armageddon's Season of Fire (doubly apropos considering south Texas is akin to the interior of an industrial autoclave/plasma-deposition furnace this time of year), has been hectic to say the least. I hope you have all been well (particularly those of you who aren't on here regularly and obsessively), and can forgive my leave of absence from this game. 

Things have quieted down a little at work, and while my free time isn't that much freer, I would like to try to get this game up and running, as a one-shot if nothing else (I would like to do more, but baby steps). I hope everyone is still interested -- please post in here if you would still like to dabble in ze Chaos. If I don't see you post in here, I will reach out via email or DM. I may just reach out by email regardless.