World Eaters Points/Rules leaks

12 minutes ago, Stealth_Hobo said:

Pretty much how I feel. Berzerkers and Juggerlord look amazing, everything else is just fine. Maybe the rest of the models will grow on me like Khorne range in AOS did. 

I'm just afraid that rules won't be much of an improvement. At least Thousand Sons have their psychic powers bringing some depth and tricks on the tabletop but what are WE going to get? 

It's Khorne not Nurgle, things aren't supposed to grow on you. :P

I was willing to take the leaked army roster at face value because it seemed real enough, and that seems to have been proven. 

Lack of units that “should have been there” is a disappointment, but if this is what we get, then this is what we get. I can accept that and move on. Lack of bikers sucks the most, as my juggernaut riders can’t be used in the army as intended. Oh well.

I will repeat myself, the data sheets/relics/WLT/strats need to be REALLY good if this is all we’re getting. 

I love the minis. :)

The codex cover is cool, too:

image.thumb.jpeg.54a0b2e12ca0c5de52a0a2096986b9a6.jpeg

Edited by Khornestar

Bit of a missed opportunity really but the new stuff is very nice - hopefully its not too difficult to gladiator up the current Terminators kit...(this is me asking if anyone's got a guide)

16 minutes ago, Kobrakei said:

Bit of a missed opportunity really but the new stuff is very nice - hopefully its not too difficult to gladiator up the current Terminators kit...(this is me asking if anyone's got a guide)

missed opportunity sums it up I think. I was ready to hop on the train but now think I will wait until the codex after this in the hope they get expanded. I would have hoped for something more like this from a release which could have shared a couple of kits to and from the generic chaos marine book:

Hq

Lord invocatus 

Khârn 

Juggernaut lord

Lord

Lord in terminator armour

Warpsmith 

Exalted champion 

Troops

Beserkers

Jakhals

Elites

Terminators 

Helbrute 

Possessed 

Mutilators 

Juggernaut cavalry

Lord executioner 

Fast attack 

Assault marines 

Spawn 

Bikers 

Heavy support 

Predators 

Land raider

Daemon engines 

Teeth of Khorne 

Transport 

Rhino 

Flyer

Heldrake 

Lord of war

Angron 

Lord of skulls 

Id love Blood crushers, that probably would have dragged me back down the eightfold path right quick :D I could just convert them though, should be straightforward to write some rules for too. Hmmmm...

I suspect  bikers would be waiting on a revamp of the old Biker kit in general and then be based off that work. 

6 hours ago, jimbo1701 said:

missed opportunity sums it up I think. I was ready to hop on the train but now think I will wait until the codex after this in the hope they get expanded.

As they are more in line with Thousamd Sons I fear it's going to be a while until they get expanded, maybe a character in like 3 years.

What I'm interested in now is how Emperors Children shake out, because if those end up around the same scale that would mean Death guard only got a big release because it's a starter army.

49 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

As they are more in line with Thousamd Sons I fear it's going to be a while until they get expanded, maybe a character in like 3 years.

What I'm interested in now is how Emperors Children shake out, because if those end up around the same scale that would mean Death guard only got a big release because it's a starter army.

Thousand Sons were a standard release at the end of 7th.

Death Guard were a starter army release at the beginning of 8th.

World Eaters are a standard release at the end of 9th.

Emperor's Children will be a starter army release at the beginning of 11th...?

I’ve been waiting years and years for this and ya know what I’m honestly happy we have a codex. All I’ve wanted for years are new zerkers and we got that plus my fav primarch by far and I honestly love the other units. I’ll be picking up every ltd release they have for this. 

50 minutes ago, betrayer41 said:

I’ve been waiting years and years for this and ya know what I’m honestly happy we have a codex. All I’ve wanted for years are new zerkers and we got that plus my fav primarch by far and I honestly love the other units. I’ll be picking up every ltd release they have for this. 

I'm all in too, the models are so nice, and at least I can pick up some bits in the meantime ready

New faction releases have a bit of a trend going across AoS/40k.

It wouldn't be too apples-to-oranges to look at the Votann release, which was
Character kit x 4
Troop x 1
Elite x 2
Heavy x 2

Fast x 2

Total = 11

Doesn't need to be the exact same, but WE does look a bit anemic (heh) when you look at DG, the last legion release, and Votann, the last new faction. So it does rightfully so feel lacking.

3 hours ago, betrayer41 said:

I'll reserve judgement until I see exactly what's in it. 

The new roster looks particularly underwhelming because we've been waiting so long. I think many were expecting WE at the beginning of ninth edition, not the end. Disappointed there's no terminator lord because they literally just made one, and because I already have a guy with much the same loadout.

Perhaps rules in Legends? Otherwise I'm counting him as a Daemon Prince, I don't even care any more I'm bored of 9th edition invalidating all my units.

I feel like a foot character and red butchers instead of eight bound would have caused a much better reception.  In the upcoming ruleset for zone mortalis style games do they seriously expect you to run a Master of Executions with your 400 points of berserkers as your HQ?

Edited by DesuVult

8 minutes ago, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

The amount of entitlement here has always been a bit insane. There’s  just no way they can satisfy everyone nor should they. I am very tempted to start this faction and that is an exciting feeling.

Yeah, asking for something I feel is worth the investment, 100% entitlement.

This is a pass. If I could stomach playing Imperial Marines, I would have jumped on that bandwagon decades ago. Maybe when they complete the Primaris range for Blood Angels.

Until the list is confirmed, I'll hold out hope but...man it feels bad when the most exciting unit is the WE cultists.

18 hours ago, Kobrakei said:

I've got two boxes of the current Terminator kit that I've been sitting on while waiting for news. My plan is to kitbash them with some bits from the Eightbound kit (maybe heads, depending on scale, and some of their weapons), and add some 3D printed bunny ears to their armour, like the old FW kit. It's about time I replaced my old Termies!

We were never getting Jump Packs due to the Raptors fluff.

Genestealer Cult also had no fast attack on initial release while being expanded heavily on that front, as did Admech in a lesser sense.

Death Guard took ages to come out, their massive range was not a single wave.

Hopefully there's a Blood Slaughterer coming in 9th ed to fill out the fast attack along with some Juggernaut cavalry.

Everyone but Thousand Sons has a foot lord shortage issue due to the changeover to everything being plastic. DG are also missing their Palanquin Lord. I'm partly suspicious that the leak is a beta version and there's a Terminator Lord in the Codex because it makes no sense for that model to be valid in DG but not WE when WE get generic terminators but I'm not holding out hope. Maybe if we complain they'll post a Terminator Lord datasheet on the community websight :mellow:

12 minutes ago, Closet Skeleton said:

We were never getting Jump Packs due to the Raptors fluff.

Genestealer Cult also had no fast attack on initial release while being expanded heavily on that front, as did Admech in a lesser sense.

Death Guard took ages to come out, their massive range was not a single wave.

Hopefully there's a Blood Slaughterer coming in 9th ed to fill out the fast attack along with some Juggernaut cavalry.

Everyone but Thousand Sons has a foot lord shortage issue due to the changeover to everything being plastic. DG are also missing their Palanquin Lord. I'm partly suspicious that the leak is a beta version and there's a Terminator Lord in the Codex because it makes no sense for that model to be valid in DG but not WE when WE get generic terminators but I'm not holding out hope. Maybe if we complain they'll post a Terminator Lord datasheet on the community websight :mellow:

what about the raptors fluff? why not warp talons?