Strike Force Agastus

Guest Triszin

3 minutes ago, Brother Captain Arkley said:

Another missed thing about the Desolation Squad... Where are the targetting helmets ala Devastator Squad.

Seems like they have the same deal as Incursors/Infiltrators, with different backpack sensors for different weapon loadouts. Another thing I don't like about them.

2 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Yeah sure, ballistic missile trumps tanks. I'll concede that. :laugh:

Anyway, the amount of push back on these Desolation squad blokies... seems like GW probably should do some market research with actual 40K fans.

They'll sell, there's always people who will buy, but could they sell more or help bring more people in Space Marines? I don't know about that. The Heresy releases in plastic absolutely have seen folk go "ooo I might start up some Heresy", but I don't think these models do that at all.

Now that I'll agree to. Regardless if the models are good or bad, marine models sell. I love tanks, wasn't meaning to poop on them. But their usage is dwindling with other advancing technologies, I could only imagine what 38,000 years would bring. I don't play marines but it will be crazy next edition if the Primaris firstborn lines fade, and with more support for HH and units bleeding over to 40k.

1 minute ago, lansalt said:

Seems like they have the same deal as Incursors/Infiltrators, with different backpack sensors for different weapon loadouts. Another thing I don't like about them.

Yeah I mean do not misunderstand I will be having some. I think I need to find some helmets with targetting gear on them.

But it does feel there was some miss opportunities here.

Not Gravis and back mounted Pods, or back mounted for these without gravis... I think having the pods on really are not selling what looks to be a nice Castellan Launcher underneath.

The Lieutenant is great, honestly might pick him up if/when he comes out separately.

The Brutalis is...fine? It's a Redemptor with claws. But good lord GW needs to stop with the stubbers on space marines stuff.

The Desolators go into my "pretend they don't exist" pile with Suppressors and the ATV :teehee: "Yo dawg we heard you like missile launchers, so we put a missile launcher on your missile launcher!" Not to mention how over-sized the launchers are.

Rules wise this is now probably the best Dreadnought by a long shot, simply by virtue of it's weapons.

Of course the cost will play a big part.

I must say, this Fist option with the multiple bolters attached is a far better looking weapon than the Claws. I would much rather equip that way based purely on looks, but of course the rules will play a big part in how I equip the model.

I'm more worried that whatever rules we initially see will only last for around 3-6 months before 10th rolls around.

51 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Nothing in 40k is realistic. Tanks are almost obsolete in 2023 (there's also a mini docu series on Netflix right now about it) but in the year 40,000 they are still around, with treads. The fact that there are little melta pistols that can melt through a tank but people are running around with swords and shields. The fact that there is almost no planets in our galaxy that have similar terrain, atmosphere and gravity to sustain human life but somehow in Warhammer humans are everywhere and it's not an issue. 

The cool to silly ratio is completely subjective, feel free to draw your own lines as I and others will draw our own lines.

As an ork player I've drawn the line. Even missile obsessed orks would find them too much.

I can take the ridiculousness of the setting but I can't take the Uber Ott missile launchers.

After having a good look after work 

Dreadnought - I like the claws they work Great! Hate the heavy stubber as I’ve said previously they don’t belong anywhere near Marines! 

Desolation squad - 1/10 awful 

Lieutenant - Great model!!! good pose and loads of options! Just what I like to see in a HQ model

Edited by WARMASTER_

Guest Triszin

It does look like the missile pods are attached to the mini missle rifle.

So I will be mounting the missile pods to tye back packs. (Not unlike Tor garadons gun)

5 minutes ago, RedFox said:

I don't feel like going through six pages of comments but I'm guessing everyone else also think those missiles launchers are the worst thing GW ever designed?

If not then a close second haha. People will change their tunes when their rules come out I'm sure :tongue:

Guest Triszin
7 minutes ago, RedFox said:

I don't feel like going through six pages of comments but I'm guessing everyone else also think those missiles launchers are the worst thing GW ever designed?

their brother, the hammerfall bunker would be mad at us if only it could read. XD

33 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

After having a good look after work 

Dreadnought - I like the claws they work Great! Hate the heavy stubber as I’ve said previously they don’t belong anywhere near Marines! Also wish this wasn’t just an upgrade kit for the existing kit 

Desolation squad - 1/10 awful [Again upgrade kit to intercessors feels lazy] 

Lieutenant - Great model!!! good pose and loads of options! Just what I like to see in a HQ model

I do not watch their streams (the whole reason I joined this forum was to just find out from fraters like you guys and ask questions), so the dreadnaught and Missle guys are just upgrades to existing kits?

13 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

If not then a close second haha. People will change their tunes when their rules come out I'm sure :tongue:

I have a suspicion they'll look slightly less ridiculous in person.   ...slightly.

My prediction on weapon stats... same as hammerfall's missile launcher, except

heavy 2 / heavy 2d6 becomes

heavy 1 / heavy d6

Possibly shorter range too, but less sure on that. 

6 hours ago, Triszin said:

I'm really hoping the larger missiles are detatchable from the mini missle system

As the mini missiles +laser rifle look great.

Just move the large missle attachments to the backpack

Screenshot_20230127-021814.png

I started off not liking them, but seeing everyone’s salt changed my mind. I do wish the basic weapon was/looked like the vengeance (?) launcher, though. Hopefully there is a pose option where he’s actually shooting it and not standing around like a dunce.

I like the dread after seeing it in Blood Angels colors. Something about the red makes it look better (and faster) than Ultramarines blue.

The LT is whatever to me. Source of bits, I guess?

Edited by Khornestar

16 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I wonder if they do any type of product testing or screening. The overwhelming amount of negative feedback says probably not. People liked the idea of the Primaris Devastators, just not GW's execution apperently.

People will complain about them but buy them anyway. Kind of like the Primaris range as a whole honestly.

(Unless you don't play Marines of course)

Edited by Lord Marshal

I shouldn't care about these but I do like them a little.  Guessing this will be priced close to what a combat patrol box costs, can't see it costing much more.
Also starting to suspect a new codex is just around the bend. h, no that would be 10th then I guess.
We'll see. I'm not in a rush to buy anything at this point but it is nice to have a positive reaction to something new.

6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I do not watch their streams (the whole reason I joined this forum was to just find out from fraters like you guys and ask questions), so the dreadnaught and Missle guys are just upgrades to existing kits?

The Brutalis is not just an upgrade. The legs are a different design with more intricate armour panels. The arms are new to support the new power fists. The torso looks similar but is also different if you look at the eagle decorations. While similar to the Redemptor, it is an all-new kit.

The Desolators are new too. While based on the standard Tacticus-pattern armour, there are enough differences to the Intercessors to show that these are new sprues.

The Primaris kits aren't laid out in a higher ordered intention like the 30k kits are, so it's more difficult to just pull in sprues like that.

I do wonder if the newer Primaris kits will be more like how the 30k kits are laid out on the sprues though.

6 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

People will complain about them but buy them anyway. Kind of like the Primaris range as a whole honestly.

(Unless you don't play Marines of course)

This one will end up in many people's Ali Baba-esque cave of shame, as an impulse buy if nothing else.