1 hour ago, Castellan Wulfrik said:

No stock again... GW are a joke. Of course they will generously offer us the option to buy the rules and special scenery pieces separately at a later date for nearly half the price of the original box. Seriously, they must be trying to kill Kill Team; they're sabotaging it at every stage possible. 

Ah yes. GW have maliciously decided to not have enough stock to meet demand. 

49 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

Ah yes, I'm sorry. I should have realised that a company's incompetence and inability to actually allow their customers to play their games was the customers fault. I take it all back GW are faultless. You know, or they could just find another solution such as making a cheaper digital copy of the rules needed to play their game. But hey why create solutions to problems that can be further monetised am I right? 

Unfortunately with the absurd prices Karskin were going for on Ebay and GW having stopped with the pre-order promise a while ago, scalpers were always going to be licking their lips to pounce on this one. 

With the £90 Direct Only price-tag of the standalone Gallowdark terrain, the forth and final box is going to have even more competition for it unfortunately. 

I don't think it was an act of malice, but I do wonder if GW has radically reduced the production volumes for KillTeam?

You can still get copies of Chalnath, Nachmund, and Moroch, and Into The Dark on Amazon at a >15% discount, but the last two sets have sold out in minutes.

My theory: Splash boxes used to sell out instantly and customers griped about scalpers, so GW instituted MTO for a few releases. That proved to be unworkable, so they decided to overproduce as a way of ensuring everyone who wanted a copy got one. Over the last year or so, these special boxes have stacked up at retailers due to relatively poor value, suboptimal assortments, and the rapid release of these high-dollar skus. Pair this with the margin reduction for retailers and I could see demand softening a bit.

That said, this doesn't yet seem to be an issue with releases like Cadia Stands. Kill Team seems to be the only product that is in consistent short supply though I wonder if this will be the pattern for splash releases to come. Are we going back to the bad old days of having to test our luck at 12:55 on Saturday morning?

So frustrating.. Sold out within minutes... Hours... Can't play if you cannot get hold of it... 

The frustration with GW never ends. Weeks of hype via WH community and a no stock on pre order day. 

You would think based on popularity instead of them stating sold out, they would make an effort to get more stock in, at least a bit later 

I mean there are significant costs to supporting Kill team this well and making these boxes in particular, it would be completely insane for GW to not get every customer they can a copy, but thats the thing, they are obviously struggling to meet that demand for whatever reason, its not a choice on their part.

Now if you want to see a company sabotage a game, look at the Adeptus Titanicus schedules :D :( 

If the Arbites and Kasrkin sets had been released before Shadowvaults and Soulshackle there would be less incentive for scalpers to get involved but then there's the risk for GW that the boxes have limited appeal.

I guess the scalpers are punting out the standard terrain sets at less than GW prices so big 40K players can get into boarding actions for less outlay.

I have heard that scalpers have moved on from sneakers, perhaps GW is one of the easy targets?

I think the hype building marketing isn't healthy for customers. It obviously works as intended because the stuff sells out in minutes but for me personally I'm giving up the ghost on GW as I don't enjoy having to store snipe on day of release then if I miss spend ages scouring the web in the vain hope of getting what I wanted at some forgotten online gaming store. I missed the Kasrkin first time around and missed it again this time. :biggrin:

I think something must be going on behind the scenes given that the youtubers seem to be getting digital copies now but I'm about done with the FOMO marketing personally speaking.

48 minutes ago, Doghouse said:

I think something must be going on behind the scenes given that the youtubers seem to be getting digital copies now but I'm about done with the FOMO marketing personally speaking.

It does seem that recently more stock goes to the so-called 'influencers' than is actually made available to purchase. If I'd actually got into Kill Team I'd be really grumpy about it. 

I don't really get the point of making sure influencers are flush with stock if they can't influence people to buy the product because there isn't enough of it on sale. The state of Kill Team is absurd, and it's more than a little frustrating if it's the only game you play.

Now I've got my fingers crossed extra hard that Gallowfall will be Xenos Vs Xenos, maybe then demand will be low enough I might be able to get one :tongue:. It's especially frustrating as I thought the reviewed rules for the Dark Eldar look very fun.

Unless something went catastrophically wrong the influencer copies are a drop in the ocean, ill admit they have been rubbing me up the wrong way recently too but they are hardly influencing the amount of stock.

Now scalpers buying dozens of boxes to split...

15 hours ago, Flaherty said:

You can still get copies of Chalnath, Nachmund, and Moroch, and Into The Dark on Amazon at a >15% discount

Uhh, not in the UK, it appears :blink:

Screenshot_20230212_071459.thumb.jpg.de23f960408dbf88a7c6f8164de7593a.jpg

I know that Kill Team won't be as big a seller (or money maker) for GW as 40k, so it seems plausible they'd not stock as many of these intermediate releases - but it really makes it seem that FOMO is their business model for sets like Soulshackle :ermm:

So frustrating!

I would have bought this. It would probably have been one of the few things this year on my reduced hobby budget I would get (justified as a birthday present from my family)

I am significantly less likely to buy the terrain/books/dark eldar (originally I didnt care for these at all but they've grown on me a bit as a kill team) and without most of the former I wont have a use for the Arbites either so looks like I will miss out on this and GW will miss out on my custom.

4 hours ago, firestorm40k said:

Uhh, not in the UK, it appears :blink:

Screenshot_20230212_071459.thumb.jpg.de23f960408dbf88a7c6f8164de7593a.jpg

I know that Kill Team won't be as big a seller (or money maker) for GW as 40k, so it seems plausible they'd not stock as many of these intermediate releases - but it really makes it seem that FOMO is their business model for sets like Soulshackle :ermm:

Here's the range in the US. The deep discount on Nachmund is the most surprising to me.

Screen Shot 2023-02-12 at 7.01.12 AM.png

Here in the UK I picked up Moroch from a third party shop after it had been discontinued. Chalnath and Nachmund are nowhere to be found.

There was a box of Chalnath on eBay for £180 so I opted to import one from the USA via Amazon for a bit less.

The Nachmund box and terrain I found on eBay and it had the rulebook too. Phew. Topped it up with the boxes minis.

Yeah i occasionally have to spend money on Amazon uk for reasons and GW stuff is never discounted weirdly, its often marked up even if not OOP. Actually thats not entirely true, you can get paint cheaper, just not minis it seems. Weird given how easy it is to find a 3rd party store selling things at a decent discount here.

On 2/11/2023 at 2:28 PM, Castellan Wulfrik said:

Ah yes, I'm sorry. I should have realised that a company's incompetence and inability to actually allow their customers to play their games was the customers fault. I take it all back GW are faultless. You know, or they could just find another solution such as making a cheaper digital copy of the rules needed to play their game. But hey why create solutions to problems that can be further monetised am I right? 

How about you dial back the snark and consider that the comment you responded to isn't blaming customers, but implying incompetence by GW.

On 2/11/2023 at 5:29 AM, Redcomet said:

Artificial scarcity is absolutely a sales tactic. Making less than meeting demand makes their overall brand feel more exclusive and therefore valuable.  I hate these sorts of sales tactics.

5 hours ago, Inquisitor Eisenhorn said:

Artificial scarcity is absolutely a sales tactic. Making less than meeting demand makes their overall brand feel more exclusive and therefore valuable.  I hate these sorts of sales tactics.

Yeah this seems comically bad though. Out of stock before I even had a chance to look yesterday.