Thanks! Hopefully FW will still replace him. It's a really bleh cast. Way too much release material. 

I'm a bit annoyed at how... Bleh Sigismund's head is. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a suitable replacement. I really want the Champion's helm from the IF Legion Command (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Imperial-Fists-Legion-Command) but no one seems to have it on eBay, likely because it's that bloody awesome.

Why Sevatar got a helm and a face, both of which are GREAT, and Sigismund didn't is beyond me.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate doing banners, I really do.

Making the IF Command banner (which is a left-handed banner) fit my chosen model from the MKVI kit made this way harder than it had to be. Still need to do some clean up on the connecting point and totally make it 100% secure, but I'm pleased.

24261802404_b96fd60a49_h.jpg

I made it tuck in around his chest with some hot water so you could still see him behind the banner! 

I also need to re-add his chest transfer, but oh well. Pics of the whole 10 man honor guard soon! It's only been 8 years in the making!

Well! After 8 years, resin casting old Ultramarine Honour Guard heads (which FW just made much easier for everyone else) expanding the squad from 5 to 10 just to accommodate the cool models I've gotten over the years, and a heck of a time with a banner... 

The Honour Guard is done. 

I'm incredibly happy with them, and just as happy I was able to keep a consistent golden yellow across the squad, even over 8 years. 

24625407150_99c50a97e6_o.jpg

(Also, what's with just liking stuff? Likes are only so encouraging, and I'm one of THOSE people who can't self motivate. Comment are the real driver of community.) 

I 'like' a post if I enjoy the content, but can't think of anything to post that either is constructive to the OP (in regards to P&M threads such as this one) or would add something to the conversation (in all types of thread.)

Honor Guard look really good. I can't imagine spending 8 years working on a single unit, it would utterly destroy me. Congrats on finally finishing them, though.

What's next in store for your Fists?

Honor Guard look really good. I can't imagine spending 8 years working on a single unit, it would utterly destroy me. Congrats on finally finishing them, though.

What's next in store for your Fists?

Thanks!

Well, to be fair, I've gone on-and-off a few times, done other units, started another army and taken some really extended breaks from painting (and I haven't played in going on 5 years I think). I'm trying to be more diligent, and switch up what army I'm painting to avoid monotony. I have a Night Lords legionary squad ready for the brush next! Then onto some Eldar, etc. 

I still have the Chapter Master to paint, as well as a couple of random bits and bobs. A predator, Inquisitor Rex, one of his retinue. That sort of stuff. 

Next directly on the block for the Fists is Polux and Sigismund. Unfortunately I'm trying to find a suitable helmet for Siggy and the IF Command helmet doesn't appear to show up on the normal eBay channels very often. :( It's so perfect! Ah well. Patience.

(And on the like vs comment - I just feel like liked-only threads look like the original poster is shouting into the void. Just a personal thing. :))  

Wow dude, I just found this thread, and I must say your fists are looking fantastic (as does your avatar, btw :wink:). I went through the entire thread after reading your fist post about your intriguing method of not using a primer. (Have you ever tried grey primer?) I was sad to see most of your picture links are broken now. Really it's pages and pages of broken links. :ohmy.: Happy to see the most recent posts containt working pics - and glorious ones at that. Wow. Great use of transfers too. :tu: Subbed.

Wow dude, I just found this thread, and I must say your fists are looking fantastic (as does your avatar, btw :wink:). I went through the entire thread after reading your fist post about your intriguing method of not using a primer. (Have you ever tried grey primer?) I was sad to see most of your picture links are broken now. Really it's pages and pages of broken links. :ohmy.: Happy to see the most recent posts containt working pics - and glorious ones at that. Wow. Great use of transfers too. :thumbsup: Subbed.

Yeah, the old Flickr account imploded. I have all of the individual images on my computer, so I'll likely be going through one of these days and replacing all the links. Fear not! :smile.:

And thanks!

EDIT: Slowly working my way through. Figuring out just what picture is supposed to be where is half the battle. On page 6 now!

Edited by Inquisitor Engel

Tried something different with Sigismund's tabard. Give the Templar's Eventual scheme of being mainly black, I thought this was a bit more fitting. Unfortunately some of the really fine detail (the triangles on the tabard edge) were made less sharp by my normal method of doing yellow. unsure emoticon. :/

Still, I think he's coming along quite nicely.

24989508826_9d0096fca1_z.jpg

These are awesome! Epically epicly awesome. And you say those heads are now on FW? I need to head over there after I post this.

I must ask, are these just for show? Or will you be using them in some games?

I hope I can get some Marines to match the epic levels you have shown here.

Looking great, the black tabard is a great touch, foreshadowing and making Siggy stand out :biggrin.:

Thanks! I also hate painting white... ;) 

These are awesome! Epically epicly awesome. And you say those heads are now on FW? I need to head over there after I post this.

I must ask, are these just for show? Or will you be using them in some games?

I hope I can get some Marines to match the epic levels you have shown here.

Thanks!

The Honour Guard heads I cast back in 2008 (yes, really) from greenstuff and some resin work. Fortunately Forge World now makes them almost stand alone (you just have to shave the U off) in the Invictarus Suzerain Squad. I've also seen them floating around eBay, but YMMV on whether or not those are real or recasts.

I haven't played a game since 2011 probably. It's just not something I have a ton of time for. The background and the models keep me in 40k/HH more than anything. I do have a Realm of Battle Board I'll get to one day though. Then I can play games in my house! 

One day...

Also, I can't seem to find pictures on here of some of the individuals (namely those behind the front row). Many of the photos say "unavailable"

Yeah, unfortunately the old flickr (and really old MobileMe) account I was using imploded a while back. I'm going through and replacing them. I'm up to page 8 I think! :smile.: Keep checking in, and I'll keep replacing links. It's a bit of a tedious process to figure out which picture goes where, but knowing there's demand is a huge motivator! :smile.:

Wait you made some of those yourselves? Which ones, I can't tell the difference. You wouldn't happen to have a few of those laying around would you?

Just shave off the U... Interesting.

Edit found them. Thanks for the tip I'll need to make an account on eBay.

Edited by War Angel

Sigismund is looking good. I like the black tabard and your yellow is looking excellent. The banner bearer you posted earlier is a treat for the eyes. I love all the transfers used and I like how you fixed the banner.

Wait you made some of those yourselves? Which ones, I can't tell the difference. You wouldn't happen to have a few of those laying around would you?

Just shave off the U... Interesting.

Edit found them. Thanks for the tip I'll need to make an account on eBay.

I did indeed. 

And alas, I have none hanging around, and the molds I made were lost long ago in a move. It has been 8 years. :wink: They're not nearly as crisp as they should be, or how crust the Suzerain versions are, so... Even trade off I'd say.

Sigismund is looking good. I like the black tabard and your yellow is looking excellent. The banner bearer you posted earlier is a treat for the eyes. I love all the transfers used and I like how you fixed the banner.

Thanks! IMHO having the hands molded to the banner is kind of a necessary evil from a product development standpoint, but I wish there were just some other way they would do it! Like a ball and socket joint maybe, with which hand it actually *IS* hidden by the folds... Or something. 

Well, he's done! Except for the head. The lighting in my display case sure does make him look better than the white light of my study. >_> 

25011980396_61f2f84650_c.jpg

I managed to pick up one of the Imperial Fist Command Champion helmets, which I think will fit perfectly without making him too antiquated in look. 

A coat of matte sealer will also make things look a lot better. Gloss bad. Matte good.

• 2 weeks later...