Well I promised Fists and you shall have Fists.

Another member of the Honour Guard is almost ready - I worked on his arm and shoulder pad today. The white and black-rimmed shoulder pads for the command company are working really well. I'm very happy with them, though I need to figure something out with the one completed member I've done, who has no rim... Hmm.

Anyway -

A Fist!
22529257620_2e30ec97e1_z.jpg

I'm quite pleased with how the cape worked out. I was worried considering out many folds there are.
22529259420_491e63940a_z.jpg

And the sword I'm going with. I like the "I'm not done fighting yet. Run away if you know what's good for you" look he gives off.
22703633402_9193b9beba_z.jpg

Edited by Inquisitor Engel

• 2 weeks later...

That honour guard is awesome. He looks sooo menacing! Love it.

Thanks!

Brief Deathwatch update. I was busy getting engaged for real. :smile:

http://imgur.com/Uh0lntZ.jpg

Going Sons of Medusa! Another round decal... ugh. Still, I like the green offset. Edited by Inquisitor Engel

• 3 weeks later...

It's decided that the Deathwatch Captain is a very non-bionic Sons of Medusa Captain. (Maybe he's just been in the Deathwatch so long he's less influenced by the whole 'flesh is weak' thing than his brothers) which I'm almost done with the Chapter symbol on.

Still, the coming weeks are going to be busy so updates might be a bit spotty (again).

I did finish my Honour Guard model! Wee!

22728384411_20af93219b_b.jpg22691192156_2467343a9b_b.jpg

This pose worked out really well.

22096050273_5bd8b9728f_b.jpg

I'm really pleased with how the black on this cloak worked out.

I noticed while reading "Age of Darkness" ('The Last Remembrancer,' specifically) Dorn wears a black cloak, lined in red, with white designs on the back, needless to say, I think someone's been peering at my blog. :wink: I love how it comes across and Pugh will certainly have those white designs.

Hey, would it be at all possible to get another shot of the Iron Snake's shoulder pad? I was thinking of ordering some from chapterhouse but their product photo isn't so hot. On that note your deathwatch are looking very slick. can't wait to see the Son's of Medusa captain done.

i love your fists, the honour guard are great conversions. what happened to the whirlwind?

Thanks! The vehicles are.... on backlog... they're just such a pain. Large and yellow is boring to paint. :) I'll get to it (and the Whirlwind) eventually.

Hey, would it be at all possible to get another shot of the Iron Snake's shoulder pad? I was thinking of ordering some from chapterhouse but their product photo isn't so hot. On that note your deathwatch are looking very slick. can't wait to see the Son's of Medusa captain done.

I'll take one for you early next week, got some job interviews and a trip to Dallas this weekend. It's a bit larger than a normal shoulder pad (with the iron chain instead of normal trim) but I found it good quality. You could easily green-stuff cast the snake and have a lot of fun from there if you wanted.

All their stuff is great quality (the Howling Griffon pad has me in awe, to be honest) so I'd give it a shot, but yeah, I'll snap a pic ASAP.

I'll take one for you early next week, got some job interviews and a trip to Dallas this weekend. It's a bit larger than a normal shoulder pad (with the iron chain instead of normal trim) but I found it good quality. You could easily green-stuff cast the snake and have a lot of fun from there if you wanted.

All their stuff is great quality (the Howling Griffon pad has me in awe, to be honest) so I'd give it a shot, but yeah, I'll snap a pic ASAP.

Much obliged, my friend. Good luck on your interviews and have fun on the Dallas trip :tu:

Much obliged, my friend. Good luck on your interviews and have fun on the Dallas trip :)

Interview went brilliantly and in moving the Fists back to Dallas (other than a couple of models currently being worked on.

I did snap a few pics of the Iron Snakes shoulder guard.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6188/6087275129_a13a22c8a7_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6189/6087820546_b434186844_z.jpg

As you can see, the details are quite good and the design is great - the chain link trim might not be perfect for every Marine (as it does increase the size of the pad) but the snake itself could easily be green-stuff casted onto other, more normal, space marine pads.

I've done a little work on the Sons of Medusa Deathwatch Captain.

I'm really happy with how the icon turned out, I just need to take some scorpion green to the spikes and make them a bit sharper. I look forward to getting him done sometime next week. The picture is a little rough, but I'm happy with the WIP on it.

http://i.imgur.com/bmyH3En.jpg

Should be done this week. Woo!

Nice models, man! Good painting and the Death Watch squad is really well done!

One suggestion, however: Blacklining on yellow is quite unforgiving and looks rather unrealistic in my opinion, a brownish colour would suit those Fists better. So instead of black, I'd say Bestial Brown might be more adequate. Only my opinion of course, since you've already painted a whole army with that scheme.

Keep it up!

Snorri

One suggestion, however: Blacklining on yellow is quite unforgiving and looks rather unrealistic in my opinion, a brownish colour would suit those Fists better. So instead of black, I'd say Bestial Brown might be more adequate. Only my opinion of course, since you've already painted a whole army with that scheme.

You are about three years too late. :wink: You're also the only one to raise the point, so I respectfully disagree. :smile:

I doodled some designs for the Chapter Banner last night.

Something with Dorn, and the Emperor preferably.

http://i.imgur.com/qriOwkg.jpg

I like the idea of Dorn, the Emperor and Sanguinius on the teleport pad, ringed by a Halo, would be cool. Terra could be crescent in the background and whatnot.

My only concern is that in the current background, ALL THREE wear gold armour. I would ideally have Dorn in gold, the Emperor in white and Sanguinius in red, like the old, old diorama.

Thoughts?

My only concern is that in the current background, ALL THREE wear gold armour. I would ideally have Dorn in gold, the Emperor in white and Sanguinius in red, like the old, old diorama.

Thoughts?

It would take quite a bit of detail to differentiate the three individuals as separate organizations if they are all wearing the same color, and you likely won't have that much space or viewers will have to look at it very closely to see those tiny details.

Alternatively, you could use your idea and differentiate the three individuals quite clearly by using a piece of "outdated" fluff and make the piece pop at the same time. I like your idea! :P

Besides, putting your banner in the "real" world, the artist creating it probably isn't concerned so much with what the historical details are as he is in creating a focal point for the battle, a visual rallying cry.

Edited by Something Wycked

I'm a fan of banner 1 perhaps you could put the Emperor behind Dorn and make him appear as though he is made of light instead of wearing gold armor. You could possibly have the Emperor's "light" shining on the upper parts of Dorn, "Illuminating" him with his wisdom.

Besides, putting your banner in the "real" world, the artist creating it probably isn't concerned so much with what the historical details are as he is in creating a focal point for the battle, a visual rallying cry.

Exactly! I also really think more should be played up between the Blood Angels, Imperial Fists and White Scars. They were the ones who were there, for the final battle, for the crux and the fulcrum of the Galaxy's fate. There should be some serious brotherly bonds there.

Before this image:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f62/Ell130/poster-emperor-horus.jpg

The official representations we had were this:

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/3/2055/Horus_2.jpg

And this diorama -

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4139/4890241841_236f1d1183.jpg

The diorama by... I think Mike McVey, was posted as what it really looked like for some time. I like the white.

You are about three years too late. ;) You're also the only one to raise the point, so I respectfully disagree. :P

It's cool, would have done the same. ;)

I like your models however, so don't let this discourage you, keep on painting! ;)

Snorri

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent work man. Your in Dallas, hey me too! I'd really enjoy the chance ot see the fists in person, get a few tips from you. 've started some IF on my own, and I tried a White primer with a Iyanden Darksun base on top of the white. And wow, did it go badly. Lol. There anywhere you game in the area yet?

• 1 month later...

Settling in to the new job (which requires lots of playing of video games and playing on the Internet, gasp!) I've finally found some time for actually getting some work done.

Just a quick update, so that you know I'm not dead or anything:

http://i.imgur.com/JKQATt5.jpg

Two more honour guard to go and then it's on to Pugh! And some devastators... and a whirlwind. Then, it's on to Night Lords and Saim-Hann Eldar simultaneously!