Thanks for the advice Engel!

You're quite welcome. :smile:

My goodness.

Sitting down at a table to paint rather than doing it on the couch (on a painting tray) does wonders for your back AND the rate of painting!

I've finished the scout squad (went with the brown fatigues look after all) although I need to pick up Telion to lead it. The plastic scout faces are possibly the ugliest faces GW make. They really should get on designing a distinctive helmet for scouts...

Pics of those soon-ish.

Today I finished the Land Raider (late, I know) with the exception of the decals and sealing it (to take the shine off the decals) it looked like crap most of the way through the process, which really disheartened me, but just like tactical marines it looks good when it's done!

22529048620_c7a2698fb7_c.jpg

I'll probably add some mud marks along the bottom and I'm in the process of making a custom decal sheet for it.

22690980196_eb4047b383_c.jpg

And see you CAN see some of the inside. :biggrin:

22690981866_1f9257c9db_c.jpg

I'm glad I repurposed the Land Raider Crusader to my Ultramarines, as this really was an obscene amount of yellow to do. Now, onto a drop pod. (Ugh)

T-minus 12 days (need a day to seal everything) and counting...

Edited by Inquisitor Engel

Oh yes.

After a long, long time photoshopping and cutting and things, I've finally created what will be used as the current Imperial Fist Chapter Banner.

22690983296_11d0ac180b.jpg

Only named Imperial Fist successors are featured. I may go back and hack out the non-2nd founding ones and just stamp on some purity seals. Not sure yet.

Thoughts?

I like the Chapter Banner. Maybe show both one with second found and one without second founding to give an idea of difference.

Cheers, Messanger

N.B. I totally agree about how ugly the scout heads are. The only reason I haven't added any neophytes to my Crusade squads is because I don't have enough nice looking heads to replace the ugly ones.

I like the Chapter Banner. Maybe show both one with second found and one without second founding to give an idea of difference.

Thanks. :smile:

Your wish is my command. :smile:

22529055580_1b0ce57ab1.jpg

I almost prefer the one without the post-second founding Chapters as it looks less crowded, but it looks more top heavy... decisions, decisions.

I almost prefer the one without the post-second founding Chapters as it looks less crowded, but it looks more top heavy...

Spread the Templar and Soul Drinkers' chapter symbol further down. Also little things like purity seals and litanies could help with the top heavy aspect. Maybe underneath the second founding symbols you could put some litanies to represent the history of those chapters.

What chapter is that in the bottom left?

I think they are the Thunder Barons. The Thunder Barons are a traitor chapter that are now only mad spirits that can animate the armour of dead Space Marines for short periods of times. A bit odd that the banner has both the Thunder Barons and Soul Drinkers as they have both been declared Excommunicate Traitoris.

Messanger

Spread the Templar and Soul Drinkers' chapter symbol further down. Also little things like purity seals and litanies could help with the top heavy aspect. Maybe underneath the second founding symbols you could put some litanies to represent the history of those chapters.

Not a bad idea, although moving the Fist further down or shrinking it makes it less of a centerpiece. I did experiment with this.

I think they are the Thunder Barons. The Thunder Barons are a traitor chapter that are now only mad spirits that can animate the armour of dead Space Marines for short periods of times. A bit odd that the banner has both the Thunder Barons and Soul Drinkers as they have both been declared Excommunicate Traitoris.

Yeah there was no symbols for them, so I made one up for them while including all the named successors. Admittedly I didn't actually see this part of their history, but I do prefer the one with 2nd Founding only, as it's tidier, as was said before.

The Soul Drinkers I think will have to stay as they're still an important part of the history and I understand could be made to go on a penitent crusade. (Yeah I hear they're crap...)

Finished and sealed the Land Raider today.

22690991486_b5a55a1826_c.jpg

Woo! I'm not thrilled with a lot of how these things have worked out - I wish I had some SoB decals for the fine white text decals - printing my own decals in general seems to be a bit of a failure as grey and black seem to wash off when I'm trying apply them.

The Templars logo is, of course, to denote the First Company under Sigismund, known as the Templars.

22529063650_6b4f46ea80_c.jpg

With more planning and less of a deadline, I'd probably do a large mural on here (and may come back to the other side later on).

I'm pleased with the tight script on the top though.

22094237694_ca20cf87ed_c.jpg

I am pleased overall and look forward to fielding it again, pre decals it was destroyed by a Hammerhead on turn one last week. :sad:

well done sir! quite a gorgeous Land raider!

Thanks! It's all about the bright yellow tanks. :wink:

More prodigiousness for today...

Special characters this time.

First - Scout Sergeant Banderas.

22690995326_0dd66303f2_c.jpg

I like how he's turning out so far and other than the face and targeting lenses he's pretty much done. What colour for the cloak though? I was thinking dark red.

Second... the one, the only... Darnath (:censored:) Lysander!

22728187411_5a3408b3cc_c.jpg

My problem with the GW scheme for him has always been the lack of white - he's Captain of the first company dammit he should be wearing PLENTY of white. I'll probably do white lines on the inside of the cape as well to add some pretty corner art too. He's much more "in-progress" than Banderas.

Bro these Fists are some of the absolute best I've seen. The Raider looks so good! Two thumbs up from me, and looking forward to seeing more :laugh:

Thanks! I'm glad you said "some of" and not "the" because there are some very excellent Fists on these very forums. I'm just happy to have them "decent." :smile:

Not having to teach and only work the second job (err... huh?) has brought out some form of insane productivity, especially for painting yellow.

22703442672_059b71b0b7_c.jpg

Tactical squad III is done. These plus the scouts give me 4 10-strong troops units, which I think is a decent balance for most games at 1500 or so points. There's another, 7-man squad waiting to be finished, but they're no longer part of the deadline.

http://gallery.me.com/harropj/100103/_MG_5137/web.jpg?ver=12448630950001

Scout Sergeant Banderas is a model I'm happy with - most of the time he's going to be a normal scout sergeant to be honest so he doesn't need to be AMAZING but it's well done and I'm happy with the face.

22095857803_5d67c68ce5_c.jpg

I'm also pleased with his cape. There's a lot more I'd like to do with it but it's table-top quality (a little bit better probably). I'll live. I am really pleased with the decal though, which is custom-printed and applied. It's small enough to where it ACTUALLY fits on the scout pad.

I'll be attempting to apply the rest to the other scouts before I leave. SIX DAYS.

22691008576_8ca9116855_c.jpg

So much progress. :smile: Yes, I'm aware the flash makes them orange.

Thoose are some really stunning Fists. I'm making a Fists army myself (I'm at test-fig state), and hope that I can achive a similar standard. I'm impressed how you made your red chest-eagles, fits right in, they do have a tendency to look "silly" but you pulled it off! Good work!

EDIT** How do you make your red colour?

Edited by machinegod

Lysander is done!

22691000086_810f992073_c.jpg

I wanted to do some lines for variety on the cape, but after a couple of tries I just wasn't happy with them and went for all white instead.

I like him. The white ties him to the first company much better than the red GW gives him.

22691004026_107fbbd75c_c.jpg

And all three of my characters. :smile:

Well, tomorrow is a yardwork and sealing day so I am, for all intents and purposes, finished prior to the trip to the UK. Let's look at the tally...

From the "To finish" part of the goal list posted on page 6.

HQ

•  
  • Chapter Master Vladimir Pugh - INCOMPLETE
  • BONUS: HONOUR GUARD MODELED.
  • Banner for banner bearer (designs please!) - COMPLETE.
  • BONUS: LYSANDER COMPLETE.

ELITES

• Techmarine Trevelyan with servitors (5 strong) - INCOMPLETE, SERVITORS DROPPED.
  • Terminator Squad 1 (5 strong) - INCOMPLETE.
  • Sternguard Squad (10 strong) - COMPLETE.

TROOPS

•  
  • Tactical Squad 3 (10 strong) - COMPLETE
  • Tactical Squad 4 (10 strong) - TAKEN TO 7 MEN - INCOMPLETE.
  • Scout Squad (10 strong) - COMPLETE
  • BONUS: TELION COMPLETE.
  • Drop Pod - INCOMPLETE
  • BONUS: RHINO COMPLETE.

FAST ATTACK

Vanguard Squad (10 strong) - 5 COMPLETED.
HEAVY SUPPORT

• Land Raider "His Left Fist" - COMPLETED
  • Land Raider "His Right Fist" - REQUISITIONED BY CALGAR.
  • Whirlwind "His Wrath" - INCOMPLETE
  • Vindicator "His Vengeance" - INCOMPLETE

Generally, there's more red than gold. The extra rhino, Lysander, Telion and the Honour Guard are all things that weren't originally on the list that I'm very proud of and pleased with work in.

I believe that I now have enough for a functioning army, although time will tell if it's competitive or not.

Oh, and about that Rhino and banner....

22094254384_690850bf5c_c.jpg

I love the idea of the giant markings on top, so I went for it. Left if overnight, which is apparently too long for Tamiya painters take and spray paint, so I had to re-do parts of the yellow, which is unfortunate, but acceptable.

The final arrow is a LITTLE off on the right, but you can't tell when it's on the table top.

22703456982_14803f8b66_c.jpg

I simply could not get the company banner to work. I did however get what I intended to be the chapter banner working pretty well and flat against the flag, so I added a V for 5th company to the bottom and will be using it as the 5th company banner.

I may change these around at a later date, but I'm generally quite happy with how it turned out.
22095866393_23237e91ed_c.jpg