Night Lords 18th Battle Company (Treadhead)

GO MAN GO! :lol:

Numbah 4 looks pretty excellent. Is that a beaky head that you chopped to be all flat-faced? If so, it looks great, and gives me something to do with all of those damn beaky heads that keep coming with all the Space Marines I've been buying (I hate beakies).

The best bit, though, has to be that sword. Nicked, gouged, it looks perfect for a ghostly marine.

hahaha :lol:

Yeah that's a beaky, i love them because it's so easy to carve them into something worth looking at. I HATE the standard marine frown/grill. It looks dumb to me. You'll probably notice there's about ZERO in my army.

Yeah the sword is a theme that will be carried over. I've been waiting to execute it and rushed this guy to completion for it.

Edited by Dan The Deamon

By far the most impressive thing about this log is how you're able to steadily make progress. I've been pecking at an up-sized army, as I mentioned before, but I've been going for months and have almost two guys ready for paint.

Maybe I'm being too fussy, or maybe I'm too reliant on trial-and-error. Either way, I'm pretty impressed. :lol:

I'd love to square off with you across the table sometime, if only so I could drool over your minis, haha.

First I want to say that this army is just fantastic, absolutely the scariest marines I have ever seen! But onto Wraith #4, I think you're right about the topknot. With the spike behind it the top of the model looks pretty vertically busy. I think another dryad face would add some horizontal with the horns and tie the model into the unit better.

loving number 4.. The shin bones or whatever they are are cool. EDIT just noticed the sword.. very nice.

Also mr 3 skull on his chest, ah aren't you a marine with some sort of plague?

Edited by Yogi

Well back to the boards with my latest WIP.

I lost a lot of motivation after receiving the new Space Wolves Dex in the mail. That is probably the best book in every way, shape, and form. Let's not get into a big debate about how much the chaos dex sucks. There's a few threads for that already ^_^

My latest Wraith

gallery_31335_1757_9787.jpg

Next is the apothecary for my wraith squad. he'll be used as my personal icon bearer, and should 'confer' feel no pain in a wargear sense. (i'm going pretty far trying to fit wysiwyg)

gallery_31335_1757_1164.jpg

He's not near being finished but i figure if i put up pics of half finished minis I'll be shamed into finishing them.

Here's his WIP head. I hope is solves all the problems the last mask/head had.

gallery_31335_1757_1081.jpg

It kind of creeps me out... :lol:

Finally the progress on my deamon prince. By the way I love Milliput.

gallery_31335_1757_54891.jpg

Next is the apothecary for my wraith squad. he'll be used as my personal icon bearer, and should 'confer' feel no pain in a wargear sense. (i'm going pretty far trying to fit wysiwyg)

Here's his WIP head. I hope is solves all the problems the last mask/head had.

gallery_31335_1757_1081.jpg

It kind of creeps me out... :D

Yes, it certainly is creepy! B) Where is the face from? A WFB Skeleton, or from one of the newer Corpse Cart Zombies?

Great work as usual! :P

You know, I had been planning to do "sub-boltguns" on a tactical squad with more dynamic poses, but I see you've beaten me to yet another idea. :P

The shortened bolter on Wraith 5 looks awesome, and I like how your apothecary (Witch Doctor!) is shaping up. :P

Witch Doctor it is!

I'm not waiting for the mail. Time to drive to Dallas to raid a GW.

Anyone know the definition for addiction?

Dude, I'm not using the Narth from my Command Squad. Why drive to Dallas when you could drive to Hooks and play Space Hulk with me and Nephran-Ka? :P

I proclaim this thread the most win-filled thread in the history of win.

I also demand a parts list on all the bits you've used :D (Skulls, bones, spikes, and all the extra grenades mostly)

Cheers,

-Kal

By the Gods of Chaos! Most impressive Chaos force you're building there, Dan. I really like your "count as" obliterator heavy weapon teams. Not to mention all those juicy Chaos marines that are converted with so much love and care I almost get misty-eyed from where I sit. I salute you, good sir, for converting Chaos Marines in such a fantastic manner. Perhaps the modeller lads over at Games Workshop should take your marines as a standard design for future Chaos Marine designs..

Keep up the good work, you daemonic converter!

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement!

I finished the last three models in my Wraith squad. It took me a some time to get the theme nailed down. Being as this is a squad of power armor models, who are night lords, and want to look like ghosts, i had a difficult time appeasing all themes. Overall i think the paint scheme is really what will make or break their success.

I still have 'fluttery scraps' to add to their armor. Still not 100% C+C Welcome

Here's the two flamers

gallery_31335_1757_11773.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_10531.jpg

the personal icon bearer (witch doctor/apothecary)

gallery_31335_1757_48047.jpg

Disregard the slaanesh symbol on his backpack, i normally do green stuff/brown stuff once a week and during that time i go back and fix or add to marines.

His older counterpart. ( I used this guy as my last night lord apothecary, plague marine with PW)

gallery_31335_1757_15134.jpg

I never finished working on him. I liked the chaos narth and his backpack. Two themes i tried carrying over to the new model.

Lastly my champ from 1st squad. He lost his power weapon due to a bad pinning accident. I decided not to confuse my opponents anymore than i needed to and just gave him the actual fist it represented.

gallery_31335_1757_6109.jpg

Plus I'm saving the huge scythe blade idea for someone special :blink:

Next up i'll be working on re-doing my Bezerker squads and adding another weapon team to make it 2x2 instead of 1x3

Enjoy!