Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

Quit school, become an artist!

I would if I didn't enjoy flying helicopters so much ;)

That is one really nice looking Rhino. Respect!

Thanks!

hell if I have a kid hes getting named heinrich and ill commission a viiith legion army from you!

so wish I could learn from you

Haha I'd be honored, even if Heinrich isn't my real name (I am Alpharius). As for the hobby, all it takes is time, imagination, and lots of tutorial reading/watching lol. I got a lot of my airbrush technique from the Youtube channels of Lester Bursley and Buypainted. As for other things like OSL and GS, I just go as ambitious as possible, you learn a lot from mistakes lol. Test models are your friend as well :) Feel free to PM me any time if you want some more in depth instruction on some of the stuff I do, I'd be happy to help man.

Flayed guy looks awesome. Also liked how you framed him with lighting pattern, whether intentional or not it draws the viewer to the model's most distinctive characteristic.

Didn't even realize tha... I mean yeah, totally nailed it ;)

Great Rhino! It looks great with the squad beside it. The flayed corps is particularly awesome as is the lightning.

Looking forward to some more :smile.:

Thanks! More inbound!

So many great ideas in this thread. I hope you don't mind me attempting some of my own versions?   Subscribed

By all means man, thats the best thing about this hobby, we build on the foundations of others and projects just get better and better. This army wouldn't be the way it is without inspiration from Dan the Deamon's awesome Night Lords.

The Carnivores: Update II

So taking what KrautScientist said to heart, I tweaked the posing on the bikers so they look more dynamic. All I have to say is thank you KrautScientist, I keep looking at them on my desk and then calling to my wife in the kitchen, "Babe! Come here, these guys look awesome!" She knows, she's seen them 5 times now lol. I also got the base-coat done on them which means the next time you see them, they'll be done in all their midnight glory. In other news I found a set of Rhino tracks on Ebay, so those should be here this week and I can finish the other Rhino as well. Anyways, here's some photos, C&C much appreciated and encouraged, and as always...

AVE DOMINUS NOX!

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/dcc9518a-c015-4063-a8f7-fe4560e918c3_zpsd830368e.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/b17d42ae-60e7-45de-b3b8-75ad0be256ed_zpse853b2ef.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/a03f6bcc-130a-40b3-bc96-41281537cafd_zpsc0edd1a6.jpg

So once these bikers are done (which are amazing btw) what's next?

And I'll shoot you a PM with my next project brother, I'll be needing an airbrush for it

After the bikers I'm gonna knock out the other Rhino, then get the oblit teams done, then finally knock out the landraider. I've been putting pressure on the wife to get me the Sons of Horus Contemptor for my birthday so there is that on the horizon as well...

Well I'll give you a hint on my next idea it's pre battle of terra and the scouring. They are dirty oozing with malice and aren't yet at they're 40k counter parts.

They are oozing through MKIII armour ;)

So this contemptor is it a conversion piece or is it the start of a new heresy era force

YES! This is exactly what I was talking about! The squad's even better now! And while I thank you for the kind words, the honour was really all mine: Being able to influence this fantastic army in some small way is definitely its own reward ;)

Oh, and it goes without saying that I won't take any responsibility for your wife leaving you or shooting you dead because she's fed up with having to look at your squad of bikers again and again ;)

Anyway, looking forward to seeing some more colour on these guys! I'll also have to put my name in the hat if you ever have another squad to name ;)

first off, this is, without doubt, the greatest night lords army I've ever seen!

ive been trying to decide between night lords, emperors childen, or iron warriors for a project army and you sir have made my mind up for me!

im sorry if this has already been asked but the winglets you've used on your terminators, I was wondering where they were from?

thanks, and again. fantastic looking force!

Just a quick update to let you all I'm not dead and neither is the 15th Company, been juggling a lot of things lately, the hobby among them so my usual pace has suffered. Hopefully tomorrow will be a much more productive day as I have the whole thing free. Also I HATE painting bikes, I don't know what it is or why, but for some reason they completely tar-pit my creative process and have the ability to completely halt any army I'm building. Nonetheless I will see this project through to it's bloody finish, this I swear...

Here's an update of how the bikes are doing:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/1385436_10152334948788761_1804086586_n_zpsb900667b.jpg

Nice work on the Carnivores - not a lot more to go on them and you can forget about them/focus on the Crimson Hands :wink:

Seriously now, I like what you've done with the bikers, they look like the kind of biker gang you don't want to meet in the middle of nowhere, regardless of whether it's day or night. Keep it up!

Edited by Dragonkin Arenis

I don't know what it is or why, but for some reason they completely tar-pit my creative process

That is the thing that all hobbyists run into, my friend. I'm the person who understands you better than anyone.

But you'll be sure that bikes are coming along very nicely.

Looking good brother :wink:

Thanks man

I really like your choice of armor color. It suits them so nice and your painting skills help also.

I have to agree with you on the bikes, I find them also very, hmmm, boring would be appropriate term. Have 6 of them almost finished and I just can get motivated to end them.

Thanks, I knocked out a Rhino in 3 days, these guys have taken weeks on end, never again I swear.

Nice work on the Carnivores - not a lot more to go on them and you can forget about them/focus on the Crimson Hands :wink:

Seriously now, I like what you've done with the bikers, they look like the kind of biker gang you don't want to meet in the middle of nowhere, regardless of whether it's day or night. Keep it up!

Seriously, I can't wait to get back to painting infantry, it's like child's play compared to these damn bikes.

I don't know what it is or why, but for some reason they completely tar-pit my creative process

That is the thing that all hobbyists run into, my friend. I'm the person who understands you better than anyone.

But you'll be sure that bikes are coming along very nicely.

Thanks brother, the price we pay for creativity I tell ya...

Brother if you need new inspiration pm me and furioso we could use your input on our new project

Will do!

I want you to make some corpse pile objectives do it!

I plan on doing some wounded space marine objectives and ammo caches as the 15th is all about waste not, want not. 

I really, really love those bikers.

So much that I'm going to make good on an earlier threat and model a crushed Night Lord beneath one of my own.

The scythe-spikes are inspired.

Congratulations, you just got on the 15th Company's :cuss list.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-M1cBuGyCEV8/UBh0zW9pxqI/AAAAAAAAFtc/SgehWEP_E_U/s400/scowl-1.jpg