Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

Cheers hushrong. Hopefully I'll get that closer to completion and ready to trust Royal Mail with tonight.

Got a few things in mind with the bust too and wanted to share those ideas. So here they are:

1). Do I add trophies? I know it seems an odd thought and the Night Lord in me screams yes. But on such a small piece will they just be too much?

2). Same thoughts go for pouches and a side arm.

3). Weathering and battle damage. I'm thinking the stage it's at is pretty much first contact so actually damage would be pretty non-existent. But build up from use would be visible.

4). "AVE DOMINUS NOX". Would be rude not to put that on the front of the plinth. But...what is it written in? What is it written on? Blood on a stone wall? Sprayed on metal work?

Am I thinking too much about this?

Why not write it in the Nostraman Runic Script the Kyroptera of the Night Lords communitty developed?

• 1 month later...

Yes...it's been a fair while and yes I have got distracted from the Night Lord mini-bust but I fell foul to the lure of Leonardo (which I really should create a post on my blog about). Anywho, back to why I'm finally posting something in Power Armour...Daemon Forge!

Let me explain a little. Daemon Forge is a monthly hobby challenge headed up by Insane Psychopath in the Chaos Forum and this month the challenge is to paint the plastic clam pack Chaos Champion. In anyway you want and as converted as you wish. Sounds fun really so here we go.

med_gallery_29004_10556_457732.jpg

Will test fit the small shield with blu tac. Think a smaller shield shows more skill and arrogance befitting a Slaanesh follower. As for colours, well, here's the idea. How would an Iron Warrior look as a recent follower of Slaanesh and member of the Divine Flayers? That's the plan at least.

So cheers for popping in. More updates soon and may your brushes stay pointy and your paint do what you wish it too :thanks: :tu:

Edited by Forté

Looking forward to the new champion model! He should use the shield just for the sheer arrogance taunting his opponents before the kill. Check out 13th Warrior sometime it's a cool scene!

Great film and I've just got to see how the tassel looks to decide which way the shield goes.

Ooooh this looks good. Cool idea too! I should really enter these Daemon Forge comps too. Sounds fun. :)

Yes you should ;)

I am super happy whenever I see WoC or Dark Eldar bits making the cross over.

Super excited to see what you're going to do with them ^_^

I'm sure you can guess how they'll look :) Going to remove the silly horn from the Slaanesh head though.

Time for the obligatory blu tac shots and decision time.

Here's option A keeping the tassel on the shield and removing the dagger.

med_gallery_29004_10556_51243.jpg

Or, option B. Remove the tassel, rotate the shield for a buckler look and keep the dagger.

med_gallery_29004_10556_45228.jpg

Let me know what you think please. Many thanks :tu:

Option A for me. The dagger doesn't work with the spear IMO - you've got a two handed weapon there unless you're using it with a shield/buckler as well. You'll end up with too many weapons on the model simply for the sake of pointy bits if you take B.

As far as C goes, it looks pretty cool but there's still the issue of too many blades for practicality and it's a tad close to a simple head and arm swap.

Just my 2pence.

Option A for me. The dagger doesn't work with the spear IMO - you've got a two handed weapon there unless you're using it with a shield/buckler as well. You'll end up with too many weapons on the model simply for the sake of pointy bits if you take B.

As far as C goes, it looks pretty cool but there's still the issue of too many blades for practicality and it's a tad close to a simple head and arm swap.

Just my 2pence.

Cheers for the input. The blade on the main weapon is the same length as the handle so it sits somewhere between a sword and spear. Thinking on option B now is that he'd have the two blades on the buckler that could be used as a punching weapon if needed. I see what you mean about the dagger though.

It is a simple head, shoulder, and blade swap. But I quite like the base model and my last piece has a base that took hours to build up so it's more something basic before something more complex.

I like option B.

The buckler allows an area for color and style while he retains the underhand blade for character.

Cheers. Kind of my thinking. Plus he wouldn't likely have the dagger once he's burried it in his first victim.