Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

Haha, yeah but mine was kinda amateur hour in comparison.

It's like Hank Moody telling me one of my emo-teen short stories inspired his next novel :D

Not in the slightest. Besides, how many minis will you churn out during the time it takes me to build and paint this one. Swings and rounderbouts ;)

sml_gallery_29004_10691_21466.jpg
So as you can see I've been working on the Lord's head for a few hours last night. All involved a lot of mixing paints and adding glazes to alter a few colours on areas. I'm tempted to change the eyes to chrome for some bizarre reason but who knows it I'll do it or not.

Here's a few other views too.

sml_gallery_29004_10691_17404.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_33215.jpg

sml_gallery_29004_10691_20692.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_15010.jpg

I've also finished the Templar and have poured some resin so it's now a case of trying to be patient as this stuff takes time to harden.

med_gallery_29004_10691_21194.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10691_78321.jpg

Hopefully it wont need too much sanding after but I'm expecting to have some work to do on it.

Soon I'll be onto the armour and wings (which it something I've not decided upon yet). Fingers crossed on those.

Cheers for popping in breifly, C&C always welcome. And I'll see you around the forum :thanks::thumbsup:

Are you trying to get a water effect? Ive always liked that effect on bases. Also, a question about the head: is he A ) wearing the skin of a dead enemy? or B ) Has he pulled his own skin off his skull and then reattached it? Either way it looks great.

Man, if I wasn't such a big fan of your brightly-coloured Chaos chaps, I'd say you should be painting Templars full-time. :biggrin.:

Chrome eyes for the Chaos Lord would probably look awesome in a creepy, fiendish oh-lordy-what-even-is-that sort of way.

...And replacing their eyes (or having them forcibly replaced by their patron deity) seems like a weirdly Slaaneshi thing to do...

I'm not sure you shouldn't go for it, in short. :unsure.:

Are you trying to get a water effect? Ive always liked that effect on bases. Also, a question about the head: is he A ) wearing the skin of a dead enemy? or B ) Has he pulled his own skin off his skull and then reattached it? Either way it looks great.

Trying a water effect...the Crystal Resin is already setting. Will need a little sanding once it's cured though as it's going to end up with a slight lip as it shrinks a little while it cures.

As for the skin, it's his own. Doesn't rip it all off as he like to give it a rip now and then ;)

Man, if I wasn't such a big fan of your brightly-coloured Chaos chaps, I'd say you should be painting Templars full-time. :biggrin.:

Chrome eyes for the Chaos Lord would probably look awesome in a creepy, fiendish oh-lordy-what-even-is-that sort of way.

...And replacing their eyes (or having them forcibly replaced by their patron deity) seems like a weirdly Slaaneshi thing to do...

I'm not sure you shouldn't go for it, in short. :unsure.:

Cheers Ace but a Templar army is never going to happen. It just wouldn't hold my interest being restricted to black, white, and beige as main colours. Plus having Templars on my bases goes back to last year when I put one on my Forgefiend base to rile up those who love their zeal. Or it could be too much Redbull. Never can tell really ;)

Awesome painted face there Forte! I love painting chaos faces because you can add so many different wash colors into the flesh tones. That base looks super promising as well; I've never tried a standing water type base so I'm curious to see how this goes. I may have to get some nice dead loyalists on my bases soon :wink:

Awesome painted face there Forte!

Many thanks. Not as clean as the faces you do though :tu:

This is the second time I've based with the resin but that one was square so much easier. Got less bubbles this time though :D

Well, a pretty unproductive week all in all. Hopefully this week will see more movement.

Base is finished after sanding the resin and giving it a bit of gloss varnish over the sanded parts. Think I should really pin the Lord in place too for added strength.

med_gallery_29004_10691_111944.jpg

As for the Lord himself, I've managed a couple of layers of a GW Hawk Turquoise/ P3 Coal Black mix for the base colour and washed it with a HT/ CB/ VMC Cavalry Brown/ Glaze Medium mix all over. I'll still go darker but that'll be in certain areas before working in some panel lining with Army Painter Dark Tone (which is a great replacement for Badab Black).

med_gallery_29004_10691_62634.jpg

Hopefully more to update soon but thanks for looking :thanks: :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm slowly getting there with my Lord though it's slow go as I'm being ultra fussy with this one.

The highlighting on the armour has begun and I still have three more colours to go through on that (so at least nine layers with mixes). The bronze and wings need highlights too. Speaking of the wings, I nearly stuffed them up with a purple wash as you can see here.

med_gallery_29004_10691_116136.jpg

Luckily instead of seeing if he can fly I downed tools for the night and tried again two days later and this is where he's at with the shading almost finished.

med_gallery_29004_10691_251142.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10691_104933.jpg

The wings were done by adding washes to a layer of water on the wing so was a bit of an experiment using GW Griffon Sepia, AP Strong Tone, and AP Dark Tone. Have to admit I'm loving the AP inks. Though they taste horrid.

Next update very soon hopefully and fingers crossed I'll have time for a second vow.

C&C always welcome as ever :thanks: :tu:

Finally some colour! It's been weeks

Great work as usual forte, be as fussy as you like.

Your attention to detail is enviable!

The wings look great, where are they from again? ;) :p

I kid, I kid, nice job with the inks.

You chaos goons stand no chance this year with me and Death Spectresargaent both painting for the glory of Sanguinius!

.You chaos goons stand no chance this year with me and Death Spectresargaent both painting for the glory of Sanguinius!

Glad I was sitting down for that. Less distance to fall when I rofl ;)

Cheers for the compliments though. You may feel differently when you realise he carries a Sang Guard plasma pistol in his other load out :P

Cheers all. I'm really happy with how it's going so far. Taking longer than intended but looking to have improved since last year's Sorcerer.