Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

It's that time again people. The whispers are growing in the warp. Armies are gathering. Glue is flowing. And the screams of plastic, resin, and metal can be heard across the galaxy. And yes...it's way too early and my eyes are still a little blurry.

So last night I (finally) made another start on a Lord for my Divine Flayers. I say another because a fair few pages back you can see I tried before but shelved it as it wasn't really coming together. Jump on a year or so and I feel my skills may be up to creating what comes into my head.

I got hold of some press mould material to try and add details as well as finding bits on eBay and bit sites so all things going to plan this should work. Though first thing, I really need to work on using press moulds to reproduce small details that others seem so good at being able to do..well, it's going to take some practice.

Here's what I managed last night. And it has made me remember that I shouldn't do this when tired and should never really on my living room lighting and always set up my lamps.

med_gallery_29004_10691_12732.jpg

med_gallery_29004_10691_75202.jpg

The face on the chest is from a Daemonette which needs to be trimmed to the shape of the armour and some hair tentacles worked across the chest. This I may redo but using less GS so it's a bit flatter to the chest.

The detail added to the leg is from a Hellstrider chest which may also get redone as it's not as sharp as I'd like (did I mention I'm fussy).

And a bag of bits

med_gallery_29004_10691_102767.jpg

You may notice multiple arms which is purely because I'm undecided which to use yet and also plan to magnetize two sets. One "fistyclaws" and one "blade of relentless and plasma pistol".

I'll leave it there for now. C&C is always welcome don't forget. And may your modelling go the way you want it too :thanks: :tu:

Edited by Forté

Nice work dude! Which moulding product are you using? Looking good so far :)

That'll be clear Oyumaru and using Green Stuff to push in. Though I'm tempted to use a GS/ Milliput mix as its usually softer so might get into the details better.

Nice work dude! Which moulding product are you using? Looking good so far :smile.:

That'll be clear Oyumaru and using Green Stuff to push in. Though I'm tempted to use a GS/ Milliput mix as its usually softer so might get into the details better.

I use the Oyumaru with regular green stuff. I've got some milliput, but I never really got the hang of it. I always just seemed to make a mess with it.

Is that a slaaneshy crest from WHFB I see there? I always loved that crest.

It is but may not be used depending on how the blu tac testing goes.

I've begun my bases building with an injured Imperial Marine (though you'll have to wait to find out which chapter). He's missing an arm and a hand but not killed as he's not worthy enough ;) Oh, and the filed part on the forehead...that's where the Lord's foot will attach :tu:

med_gallery_29004_10691_16052.jpg

Now to explain a tiny bit. The missing leg...well, the other one will be going too and both will be smoothed off to match the base edge. It's all going to be the same grey look as all the other Chaos minis so far but, I'm tempted to add some water effect to the dip that the Marine is laying. I'd colour it too so it looks more chemical. But would it look oit of place being the only base in the army with liquid when it's a type of ash world? I suppose I could have an exposed and ruptured pipe under the liquid. Thoughts?

Well, I'll finish there. Hope you've had a productive day. C&C always welcome and till next time :thanks: :tu:

Yet another progress update but this time including blu tac!

med_gallery_29004_10691_32730.jpg

med_gallery_29004_10691_37512.jpg

And the last bit of basing

med_gallery_29004_10691_64104.jpg

And now for the blu tac mock ups

med_gallery_29004_10691_39364.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10691_39450.jpg

Hope you like. Got to sort out magnets and how to attach the head the way I have it in mind ;)

Cheers for looking and C&C is always welcome :thanks: :tu:

The medusa head looks brilliant, bro! The dead marine is really well done too.

Looking forward to seeing the raptor progress :)

He's not dead. Not a worthy enough opponent ;)

Thank you :tu:

Looks great!

Are you going to leave the legs cut-off like that or will there be gore? It's a stylistic choice more than any other, I assume. Right now the legs are just cut off from the base where the base ends - although with the wings coming over that 'magical' border right now it comes across as a little artificial to me.

Loving the look so far.

I especially enjoy the asymetry between the claws and fist. I don't know why, but that seems far more fitting than two identical weapons.