Khorne's Eternal Hunt - KrautScientist's chaotic WIP thread: Fine-tuning Eightbound...

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I am really glad to hear you like the model. And you are quite right, too: While he wasn't planned as a Master of Executions, he could definitely fulfill that role! [As an aside, my World Eaters had a headsman-type character before that was even a thing, so yeah :wink: ].

Anyway, here's a small update: The finished model on its base:

2020-world-eaters-10.jpg

2020-world-eaters-11.jpg

2020-world-eaters-12.jpg

2020-world-eaters-13.jpg

2020-world-eaters-14.jpg

2020-world-eaters-15.jpg

In a definite case of subverted expectations, this is probably the one model in the squad whose base actually *doesn't* feature a skull. You can still see his last opponent's breastplate, though (that head probably flew quite a ways when it was lopped off... :wink: )

2020-world-eaters-16.jpg

I am actually really happy with the way this model has turned out! And here's the squad so far:

2020-world-eaters-17.jpg

If I count my counts-as Huron, those are actually eight finished models. Yay! :wink:

As always, let me know what you think! :smile.:

Edited by KrautScientist

Don't forget the Himadraya or whatever it's called! :)

That last guy looks just delicious. Omnomnom. Love it!

I know you've shared it many times, but could you please share your brass recipe again? Pretty please? WIth skulls on top?

What a good looking bunch! To be honest, the last marine is probably my favorite, no offence to the awesome Huron count-as. But this one, who's just radiating understated menace, takes the prize. Great work on all of them!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! :)

@ Lucerne: D'Oh, I should have remembered to include some kind of scale comparison shot -- will take a suitable photo ASAP, mate -- cheers for pointing that out. For what it's worth, the model's about a head taller than a Cadian, I'd say, and much beefier.

@ Auggs: Sure, buddy -- disclaimer, though: The bronze is actually the part of the paintjob I am not quite happy with yet.

Anyway, the base is a mix of Vallejo Tinny Tin and Brassy Brass (leaning a bit more towards the darker colour). Then everything gets washed with Army Painter Strong Tone. Then a controlled edge drybrush of Vallejo Brassy Brass (with maybe just the tiniest drop of Vallejo Bright Bronze mixed in -- careful, though: it gets very bright very quickly). Then maybe a final touchup where needed. Hope this helps! :)

@ Sagentus: Cheers, mate! :)

@ Isengrin: Don't worry, man, he's currently my favourite too! Plus the model actually has far and away the best proportions (with an actual abdomen and all that).

@ noigrim: Hmm, I think these are as bloody as I am comfortable with, to be honest -- to be fair, it's always a tough balance to get right, though.

A short update for today: Here's the scale comparison shot I promised:

executioner-scale-comparison.jpg

The closest thing to a standard Cadian I had was my older conversion for Inquisitor Antrecht, but he's mostly based on Cadian parts, so it should work.

Also, while I was messing around with GS tubing for my current INQ28 project, I took a moment to give that icon bearer another tweak:

new-we-kitbashes-wip-35.jpg

One of my favourite parts about the old model that inspired this conversion (shown above) were always the cables and tubes visible underneath the shoulder pad: I loved how those hinted at the inner workings of the armour. Anyway, seeing how this model was an attempt to channel the older piece, I added two lengths of GS tubing to replicate that particular element.

Also, on a related note, do you guys think the model works better with the pistol arm turned downwards?

As always, let me know what you think! :)

Also, on a related note, do you guys think the model works better with the pistol arm turned downwards?

I think i do actually. It's maybe a bit more natural to my eye. You wouldn't go wrong either way though IMO.

I think i do actually. It's maybe a bit more natural to my eye. You wouldn't go wrong either way though IMO.

I'm in agreement. Pistol arm turned downwards looks more natural imo

@ gaurdian31: Haha, exactly -- we have a winner ;)

Seeing how my latest World Eaters project is also about creating models that are inspired by seminal artwork or classic sculpts, I have been thinking about another model for Lheor for a while -- since I already built a model to represent him a while ago:

lheorvine-ukris-91.jpg

"Guest stars" like this are always a bit of an iffy affair, because they don't really fit into the narrative for a homegrown warband. But I couldn't help myself, I had to use the excellent new kits to build another version of Lheorvine. So here's the artwork I used as my main reference, once again:

lheor_artwork.jpg

And here's the new model:

lheor-version-2-wip-1.jpg

lheor-version-2-wip-3.jpg

Lheor's still missing a few minor tweaks, but most of the conversion is already there. Let me know what you think! :)

I've just listened through both Black legion books thanks to an audible free month. Soon as I saw the imperialis scrolling down I knew an update to your original was coming. 

You've captured him really well there, will be interesting to see the old and new side by side when you paint him up.