Khorne's Eternal Hunt - KrautScientist's chaotic WIP thread: Fine-tuning Eightbound...

New demon prince looks boss with wings and the half halo. The fallen look awesome,too. Exactly how I'd imagine them. Not wholly given over to chaos, but slowly affected by it.     The last helmet on the terminator fallen with the smaller sword above the eye slits looks just right!

Not bad. The change of the collar. He looks more the part which is Daemon Prince with a pointy halo but I, too, prefer your orignial collar idea. More Khorne like.

I think the Prince standardisation is also coming from the wings.

I really liked your idea of a gladiator Prince which in my idea would be on foot I guess.

I like the Fallens, especially the Terminator. My favorite head is the first one with the longer dagger. Very original, mystic, medival, dark angel fallen.

The shorten one makes him look like he has a nose and even cartoony to my personnal taste.

I'm not sure about the sword though.

I was surprised you didn't choose more older armor type for the rest of the band. My least favorite would be the chainsword one. I think it's the body position.

I think the first sword is better, just cut the blade down, so it's pointed tip is at his chin/ edge of the helmet.

The Daemon Prince. I like the Iron Halo, more than the collar. I can see where theidea for the collar comes from i.e. Angron gives brass collars to his daemons to grant them magic resistance. But I can,t imagine a World Eater, a gladiator who has been freed from slavery willing to put a collar or a torq on himself, it would make him beholden to someone. Which to someone who has fught for freedom might be a horrible thought. 

The iron halo works because its possible he could have been a chaplain in the World Eater ranks who helped lead them to Khorne and for his devotion to Khorne, he was blessed with the gift of daemonhood.

I am actually reading Betrayer just now, and came across this quote...

"Other replies cam in the form of howls & cheers. A legion lost to the nails. A legion sprinting gleefully into a hundred ambushes. You couldn't collar the Eaters of Worlds"

...Weird! :blink.:

Edited by dantay_xv

Thanks for the feedback, people! :)

@ Eberious: Wait, let me get this straight: You are currently working on an enormous Defiler daemon engine, but you're "pondering doing chaos"? Either you've already made the decision without realising it, or you are in denial, mate ;)

@ skrundle: I definitely see what you mean about the armoured arm! I'll definitely take a look at that! Cheers for the suggestion, mate! :)

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: Cheers, man! Glad you like both models!

@ Darth Mustard: I initially saw the Prince as more of a foot slogger as well, but like I said, I rather like the mass and bulk added by the wings. Plus, seeing how I already have a HUGE wingless DP, building the second one with wings would probably make a lot of sense.

Regarding the Fallen Terminator, the longer I look at the first helmet, the less it works for me. The sword was a bit of a compromise, to be honest: I originally wanted to use a sword from the chaos knights, but noticed I had given the last one away. As for the two other Fallen lacking "older" armour parts, what can I say: Unless many members of this board, I don't have huge piles of FW Horus Heresy stuff lying around, so I had to make do with what was there ;)

@ dantay_xv: NOW you like the first helmet variant best? Dude, seriously? ;)

As for the collar on the DP: In my opinion, the fact that the World Eaters threw off the yoke of the Emperor only to sell themselves into a different kind of slavery is one of the most tragic parts about their legion history, so while they may openly refuse any kind of servitude, they are all slaves of a different kind now, aren't they? Slaves to Khorne, slaves to the nails, or even enslaved to their own bitterness and resentment. Anyways, the collar idea is probably pretty much off the table for now, so there's no reason to elaborate any further, but I think you know what I mean.

Hahaha... Yes I see what you mean about the World Eaters and giving up one form of slavery for another... It is a sad irony. We so often throw off the shackles of one form of tyranny, just to end up in another... Hey that gives me an idea, but not for this Daemon Prince though.....

If yo do another what about making a chain with shackles or sets of shackles on them, like a big brutal whip or cat 'o' nine tails?? the shackles representing them breaking free of the imperium which tried to enslave them to its will and those who bound them in slavery at the gladiator pits of De' Shea?

And yes the first helmet, but just shorten the sword blade... It is what I meant yesterday after you showed us the helme with the underbrow sword ;)

So, let's have another update, shall we?

First up, the Daemon Prince. This guy is more or less finished at this point, and I have to admit I am really rather happy with him. For me, Khornate Princes are overgrown, hulking monsters clad in bronze instead of darkly angelic figures. I felt inspired by the part in Betrayer when Angron is described to have an overmuscled, almost graceless look, even before his ascension to daemonhood -- that's what Khornate Daemon Princes should be like, I think. In fact, I took quite a few cues from Angron for this guy.

So, I took some time filling gaps with GS and adding bitz to his hips and back, in order to build some kind of belt/tabard for him. Here's the model right now:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/8/19/640386-Chaos%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Daemon%20Prince%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Kitbash%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/8/19/640387-Chaos%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Daemon%20Prince%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Kitbash%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/8/19/640388-Chaos%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Daemon%20Prince%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Kitbash%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/8/19/640389-Chaos%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Daemon%20Prince%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Kitbash%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/8/19/640390-Chaos%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Daemon%20Prince%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Kitbash%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress.JPG

Then there's the Fallen Terminator: I am really pretty happy with the helmet as it is now. The longer I looked at the first version, the less it worked for me: It simply seemed too clunky -- a nice idea, but not quite there. The current helmet works for me, because it gives him the blunt, brooding, Black Knight look I was aiming for. I also added some more bling to his armour ;)

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/8/19/640395-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Dark%20Angels%2C%20Fallen%2C%20Fallen%20Angel.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/8/19/640396-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Dark%20Angels%2C%20Fallen%2C%20Fallen%20Angel.JPG

As always, let me know what you think!  :)

I'm not sure about the position of the Terminator's weapons.  I think it's the upright position of the sword that's throwing it off for me.  Everything on the model is leaning one way or another, but the sword is nearly straight up and down.  It makes it look...wrong.  :mellow.:

Old One Eye is looking pretty sweet though ;)

Cheers, guys!

While I am tempted to agree with you regarding the sword, there is not that much I can do about it: My normal approach would be to cut at the wrist and slightly rotate the hand. However, in this case, there's quite a bit of decorative bling attached to the arm which I fear wouldn't survive a move. Hence the fairly straight pose for the sword arm.

Thanks a lot, guys!

I think I'll leave the Termie's pose like that for now, since any change I can think of would just create new problems. Maybe I'll find a solution when I take a fresh look at it. If not, it'll stay that way -- I rather like the pose, anyway, so that wouldn't be such a big problem either.

EPIC!!! That has to be one of your coolest models that you have made thus far... You are consistently raising the bar.

The onlyminorist of minor things, is that with all the detailing on the model... the right pad looks a wee bit bare.. is that intentional so you can model in some form of medic's symbol?

Cheers, guys! Glad you like the model!

The onlyminorist of minor things, is that with all the detailing on the model... the right pad looks a wee bit bare.. is that intentional so you can model in some form of medic's symbol?

I see what you mean -- as a matter of fact, I'm not totally happy with the shoulder pad myself. It's only the best out of the ones I've tried so far -- I guess I'll just have to experiment with several options to find the one that works best. My own fault really, for using that enormous Chosen shoulder pad on the other side.

The spear might also be subject to change -- let's see.

I love this model!  The pose and bits combine perfectly to make a very unique looking apothecary.  I also think that his right shoulder pad looks a little small, especially with that huge left pad.  Have you considered using a shoulder pad from the FW WE Terminators set?  It might be the right size and would have the added benefit of having the WE icon sculptor on it.  I think that the spear is an excellent piece of war gear to arm him with.  I can imagine him dispatching enemies with it as well as ramming the blade into the ground while administering to his fallen brothers.  Once he has collected their geneseed ensuring their legacy is preserved he takes their heads off.  This he does to feed the insatiable blood thirst of his weapon and to provide more skulls for Khorne.  Just my initial impressions.