Khorne's Eternal Hunt - KrautScientist's chaotic WIP thread: Fine-tuning Eightbound...

Cheers, mate!

That helmet was actually a last minute addition! Once I had seen it on one of PDH's models, I knew I needed something like that too. Glued it on right before undercoating :wink:

EDIT: Ah, let me just bring the pictures over here to make navigation less cumbersome ;)

Edited by KrautScientist

Cheers, guys!

The books were very much purchased due to my nostalgia as well as my interest in 40k related background material. And while the rules may no longer be applicable, each of the books contains enough fluff and artwork to still be worth it!

@ Tanith Ghost: OSS outlined quite a few options -- I would add Beastman arms to the pile (at least some of them). Mixing and matching with DV cultists is also an interesting option. And maybe the most important part: Don't feel shackled to using the arms as they are: Cut off hands, replace weapons, repose arms,... The normal Marauder arms work especially well for this and are very versatile!

@ recon0321: The body originally came from a FW Vraksian Enforder: I had cut off the head for a different conversion and wanted to use the torso for something cool -- mission accomplished? ;)

Thanks both of you for the suggestions. Oh yeah I know, I've been doing major surgery (cutting :P) with the sergeant arms and the arms from a heavy weapon kit I bought. Will check those out though! Totally forgot about the cultist arms, have tons of those around, not sure why I never considered that.

Wonderful! He's a worthy leader of your Scions. I think swapping the sword for the curved suits him just right and it works just great with his threatening pose.

And congratulations to your purchases! :) That kind of stuff isn't exactly easy to pick up in mint condition.

Oh... I'm not going to lie, seeing those books totally brought back memories from when 10 year old me smacked $45 down on the counter of Hobby Dungeon and insisted that I wanted that rulebook the week it came out in '98.

Thanks for the nostalgia trip, K-Sci ^_^

Also, your power armored guys look awesome, but it always feels like you put even more work and thought into their human auxiliaries. The little details on that officer are so neat! I love the little mask on the back of his belt. 

Cheers, guys!

@ Tanith Ghost: Glad to be of help ;)

@ Brother Kortmer: Thanks a lot! Like I said elsewhere, I really love your new Traitor Guard recipe as well!

@ Flint13: Hmm, you may have a point -- although it has to be said that I particularly obsessed over this guy because I liked the conversion so much in the first place ;)

@ MagicMan: Cheers! Not only is INQ28 an incredibly rewarding piece of the hobby, but it has also taught me to look at my 40k armies and characters differently -- I cannot recommend it enough!

Oh, and I finally managed to take a photo of the traitor where the colours are ever so slightly more representative of the real thing ;)

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/10/3/651935-Chaos%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Kitbash%2C%20Renegade%20Militia%2C%20Renegades%2C%20Traitor%20Guard.jpeg

Thanks, guys! :)

@ CaptainAsmodai: You mean the Dark Apostle conversion based on the WFB plastic chaos lord, right? The horn came from the Bloodcrusher kit. Hope this helps!

I actually managed to paint another model for my traitor elite: Judging by my usual standards, this almost constitutes a painting spree, you know? ;)

Anyway, here he is:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/10/5/652444-Chaos%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Kitbash%2C%20Renegade%20Militia%2C%20Renegades%2C%20Traitor%20Elite%2007.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/10/5/652445-Chaos%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Kitbash%2C%20Renegade%20Militia%2C%20Renegades%2C%20Traitor%20Guard.JPG

This was basically my first test model for "chaos scions", back when I first bought the Tempestus Scions kit, so the kitbash is rather straightforward.

And here he is with his squad leader:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/10/5/652446-Chaos%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Kitbash%2C%20Renegade%20Militia%2C%20Renegades%2C%20Traitor%20Guard.JPG

As always, let me know what you think! :)

Thanks, you two! I'm really glad you like them! :smile.:

@ Flint: Do it! If you'll excuse me tooting my own whistle for a second here, I've done some almost ridiculously thorough experimenting with the scion kit. Maybe the results can be of help to you, when it comes to building your auxiliarii

Edited by KrautScientist

So, another small update: I am currently painting the third model for my traitor elites, the Voxcaster guy:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/10/8/653192-Chaos%2C%20Elite%2C%20Renegade%20Militia%2C%20Traitor%20Guard%2C%20Traitor%20Ig%2C%20Urash%27s%20Marauders.JPG

It's a slightly strange model, born of the wish to salvage that Vraksian torso after I had cut off the head for a different conversion, but I have taken a bit of a shine to this guy for some reason...

As always, let me know what you think! :)