Khorne's Eternal Hunt - KrautScientist's chaotic WIP thread: Fine-tuning Eightbound...

That Helmet is the right choice, that cold metal visage just fits the image of a utterly remorseless butcher. Hiding his face, it takes away the "human" aspect so all you're left with is this brutal, threatening monster.

Go with the helmet, so much more brutal. As for removing the tongue, it shouldn't be to difficult to scrape off, then cut the ribs shape and a little GS to neaten it up and provide a bit of texture. If you lived near me I would offer to do it for you.

Wow. The medic and the nurglite sorcerer look fantastic. Just coolness all around. Nitpick: the sorc seems a bit hunched now - any chance of righting him up, with a little more space in his abdominal section? 

Keep it up Kraut. Sheer awesomeness on the DV characters so far. 

Thanks for the feedback, guys! The helmet it is, I guess -- unless I find a more awesome option yet ;)

@ Augustus b'Raass: Like I said elsewhere, mate: Great to have you back!

As for the hunched look of that sorcerer, that was very much a conscious decision: I think it works well towards his Nurglite look to have him look slightly bent and hunched.

So, here's a small update for you: While the support for the helmeted head on the Chosen model was overwhelming, I did some experiments with several different heads and ended up with a version I like even more, both because it underlines the blunt, faceless look even better, and because it does a better job of interacting with the gorget I added to the model's torso. Take a look:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/9/18/648163-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Chosen%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Kitbash%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000.jpg

The picture's a bit fuzzy (because I couldn't use my regular camera for this), but I hope you'll be able to see what I mean. Plus there's also the fact that this is hands down one of my favourite chaos heads.

Anyway, let me know what you think!  :)

Ah, I liked the non-helmeted head, it reminded me of the sigmarite warrior priest from Mark of Chaos. Still a great helm choice nonetheless.

http://www.cgsociety.org/stories/2006_07/warcraft/banner01.jpg

http://www.aaronhempler.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/WarHammer-MarkOfChaos.png

So, another small update: What do you know, I finally managed to get something painted again! Granted, it's just the Dreadnought rocket launcher I converted a while ago, but that has to count for something, right? This is basically the last distance weapon missing from my collection of Dreadnought/Helbrute weapons, so finally getting it out of the way felt good ;)

Still forced to use my phone, so the pictures aren't quite up to snuff, but here you go:

marax-the-fallen-6.jpg

marax-the-fallen-4.jpg

The weapon itself is a fairly simple kitbash based on a loyalist rocket launcher that PDH kindly donated to my cause.

Of course, Marax the Fallen can now be outfitted as a completely shooty Dread/Helbrute as well (even if it goes a bit against his character):

marax-the-fallen-3.jpg

As always, let me know what you think! :)

If I had to think up a teeny criticism, the horns around Marax's head look just a bit off in bronze. I think they'd look better matching his little skull trophies, but that's a pretty tiny gripe on an otherwise awesome model.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I have a small update regarding my Traitor Guard today: I am currently painting one of my favourite conversions, an officer for my elite traitors/counts as scions. This is the conversion:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/4/17/604167-Chaos%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Kitbash%2C%20Renegade%20Militia%2C%20Renegades%2C%20Traitor%20Guard.JPG

And this is what the model looks like right now:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/10/1/651536-Chaos%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Kitbash%2C%20Renegade%20Militia%2C%20Renegades%2C%20Traitor%20Guard.jpeg

As you can see, I changed the sword (because the wickedly curved, cleaver like blade seemed even more apppropriate). The model is also still missing quite a bit of detail work - I would say it's about two thirds finished at this point - and the photo didn't turn out all that well, but I think you get an idea. The model was an attempt at building something resembling PDH's absolutely stunning Traitor Guard models, and I am really happy with it so far.

In other news, I managed to buy a pretty big lot of OOP and rare stuff at my FLGS last week, among it a collection of really cool old 40k publications:

http://eternalhunt.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/lucky-purchase-11.jpeg

From left to right: The 40k 3rd and 4th edition big rulebooks (believe it or not, I have never owned those until now), one of the hallowed Chapter Approved compendiums (containing wonderful but somewhat outdated Index Astartes articles on the creation of Space Marines, Dreadnoughts, Librarians and on various chapters and legions: Dark Angels, Emperor’s Children, Iron Warriors, White Scars & Flesh Tearers) and Codex: Witch Hunters (obviously a must for any fan of the Inquisition). All of these are in excellent condition, too!

You can read more about my crazy haul over on my blog. In any case, let me know what you think!  :smile.:

Edited by KrautScientist

First off, these are some very pretty models.

For Mr Faceless Killer, the helmeted chosen, I'm not feeling the horns. I think that he looks miles better in the previous picture without them.

Keep up the good work

Dallo