Thousand Sons - Those Once Loyal - Contemptor Dread WIP

Aasfresser

Really cool update Aasfresser  Rapier platorum look really cool & nice conversion of the Nurgle Champion helmet.  Same with the Maulerfiend & Herald.  Looking forward seen both these models complete.

Hopeful in a few weeks we may see a new Srocerer add in with the Disk - From what been shown from the new Chaos Age of Sigmar models.  Also hope you'll use some those parts in future conversion :D

Vielen Dank, meine Herren!

@IP: yeah... I need that guy. And I need some of the Varanguard Bits. The Tzeentchian Spear/Blade is so frickin cool!

I finished the second Tzeentch Herald on foot:

med_gallery_76164_9665_122022.jpg

I love that classic model. Now to build his broken tomb and write some fluff for my cultists.

He looks excellent!

Thanks for your advice months back on which arms to use with the legion autocannons. I'm only now getting around to doing them and wondered if you have any advice on getting the ammo boxes to fit CSM backpacks? Is it better to cut down the backpack to fit the box? Fill the indentation of the ammo box with GS and fit it to the backpack? Any advice would be much appreciated, when you have time. :)

He looks excellent!

Thanks for your advice months back on which arms to use with the legion autocannons. I'm only now getting around to doing them and wondered if you have any advice on getting the ammo boxes to fit CSM backpacks? Is it better to cut down the backpack to fit the box? Fill the indentation of the ammo box with GS and fit it to the backpack? Any advice would be much appreciated, when you have time. :)

Hi Kier, I don't remember to be honest. I think I didn't cut anything, it just fit somehow (but it took me some time).

When I'm back home tomorrow, I can check.

Cheers!

Thanks, Aasfresser.

I had a fiddle today and if I cut off the four lower vent things then the ammo boxes fit well enough (but for one CSM backpack with protruding cabling in a U-shape on the back. That one'll end up hanging lower).

If you do have chance to check, I'm still interested in hearing how you did it :)

@IP: yeah... I need that guy. And I need some of the Varanguard Bits. The Tzeentchian Spear/Blade is so frickin cool!

I love that classic model. Now to build his broken tomb and write some fluff for my cultists.

I actually have this model on a disc at home... somewhere. I should dig him out as well after seeing how well you did him up.

Thanks, Aasfresser.

I had a fiddle today and if I cut off the four lower vent things then the ammo boxes fit well enough (but for one CSM backpack with protruding cabling in a U-shape on the back. That one'll end up hanging lower).

If you do have chance to check, I'm still interested in hearing how you did it :smile.:

So I checked and I can't see any cut marks or GS. But it is a bit elevated and the little vents on the bottom aren't totally submerged. As always, I forgot to make a picture... Well next time. 

I actually have this model on a disc at home... somewhere. I should dig him out as well after seeing how well you did him up.

You should! It's such a fun miniature to paint!

He looking really cool Aasfresser. Yes I find it really nice to add classic models to our armies/collectiong, was just talking to Midnight runner about this recently. I really like my 2nd ed era Metal Chaos Dreadnought, the 3.5 era Metal Daemon prince (now finecast) & the Power Armour metal Chaos Lord that you can still get on the web site.

Like wise - Hope we see the new Age of Sigmar Sorcerer all converted up & painted for your warband

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I fails miserably with my CoC vow... I only finished the Tzeentch herald in time...

But I managed today to finish my Maulerfiend conversion! I hope you guys like it!

med_gallery_76164_9665_138698.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_223671.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_172082.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_27159.jpg

@IP: I'm going to build a classic dread for my TS soon! And I have one of the metal demon princes here to. He will be either a TS prince or a BL prince, I'm not sure right now.

Well, I fails miserably with my CoC vow... I only finished the Tzeentch herald in time...

But I managed today to finish my Maulerfiend conversion! I hope you guys like it! 

@IP: I'm going to build a classic dread for my TS soon! And I have one of the metal demon princes here to. He will be either a TS prince or a BL prince, I'm not sure right now.

Maulerfiend model looking really cool Aasfresser.  Like wise I am really looking forward to this Dreadnought conversion & the theme you've got.  Also looking forward to your take on the Metal Daemon Prince model, is it the one release during 3.5 era.  If so he a really cool model & you'll really like painting him.  I think those Undead Spirits/host would look really cool for him.

The Maulerfiend is looking excellent, mate! Very clever conversion, and a nice paintjob to boot! :smile.:

Lovely conversion and paint job indeed on the maulerfiend!

Those Maulerfiends are sweet! So are the Cultists! All the things are really cool!

Dragonlover

Thousand Eyes, on 21 Dec 2015 - 3:17 PM, said:

I always love to see conversions that are hard to point out are conversions. Bravo.

Oh my golly god

I love that mauler fiend :ohmy.:

Thank you guys!

Maulerfiend model looking really cool Aasfresser. Like wise I am really looking forward to this Dreadnought conversion & the theme you've got. Also looking forward to your take on the Metal Daemon Prince model, is it the one release during 3.5 era. If so he a really cool model & you'll really like painting him. I think those Undead Spirits/host would look really cool for him.

Thanks IP! I once painted the old Metal Prince (3.5. era) and I enjoyed it ;) Unfortunately he is lost in time and space...

And here is the Dreadnought conversion! After nearly 4 years of slumber in my bits box he is finally awake!

Nebka the Patient! Leveler of Cities! A Ferrum Infernus Dreadnought with the "Destroyer of Cities" upgrade. The Staff is used as a assoult dril (psy attack). The flamestorm cannon is based on the twinlinked heavy flamer from the defiler.

med_gallery_76164_9665_118176.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_11601.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_136936.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_25770.jpg

This dude was inspired by IP and a hobbyist on a german forum.

C&C is as always welcome!

Glad you like him so far!

Here is a wip picture of the dreads legs:

med_gallery_76164_9665_46030.jpg

And a brand new Rubric Marine based on a MK II Marine I found in my bits box. The helmet is from MaxMini and the Bolter is from Kromlech. Body, legs and Arms are from Forgeworld.

med_gallery_76164_9665_84371.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_134445.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_100342.jpg