Thousand Sons - Those Once Loyal - Contemptor Dread WIP

Aasfresser

Hmmm I have some Mk II bits lying around... and I see another idea that I'm going to steal. :smile.: Looks like I'll have to add a second Rubricae squad to the pipeline.

In all seriousness the mini looks awesome, Aasfresser. Well done.

The more Rubricae you have the happier you will be lol. If you ignore the crappy rules of course.

This is a fantastic army you have!

I am also beyond tempted to copy your sorcerers and spawn. You have done excellent work making them above and beyond.

Go ahead and copy as much as you can!

I finished the Flamestorn Cannon for the Sorcerer Dread. Now just the rest of the dread...

gallery_76164_9665_37373.jpg

And the "assault drill" is done. I put both weapons on the other finished dread, and if I may say so, I like them.

med_gallery_76164_9665_137456.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_90051.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_91110.jpg

Edited by Aasfresser

I just finished the IA13 Dread for my Thousand Sons. I really like him. Later next year I'll paint up some more dread weapons for my 2 dreads, for flexibility.

I was aiming for a Sorcerer-vibe and I think he got some of it.

Here he is in all of his glory: Helio Nebka, the Patient, Fang-Breaker.

med_gallery_76164_9665_105706.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_71952.jpg

med_gallery_76164_9665_72873.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_7297.jpg

I played around a bit with GIMP and made a mashup of the details.

med_gallery_76164_9665_401894.jpg

Hope you like him.

Happy new year, btw!

:jawdrop::drool::jawdrop:

Wow those thousand sons are amazing.

I got a few questions about the "disc" of Tzeentch.

Is the TL bolter a separate bit or would you have to cut it off, if you wanted to put something else there?

Are those the regular biker legs on the sorcerer?

Where is that wavy thing that you use as a stand from?

Wow, that's a seriously characterful Dread right there, nice to see that old metal model getting some love. My only nitpick would be Helio's staff as it looks like it's bent backwards above his hand.

So, what's next for Sons of Prospero? Will you be including any of the new Forge World TS bits into your army in future or are they too loyalist/30k for your liking?

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

Looks great, buddy. Really a noce conversion, expeically the flamestofm cannon!

Happy New Year!

Thank you! Glad you like the flamestorm cannon. 

:jawdrop::drool::jawdrop:

Wow those thousand sons are amazing.

I got a few questions about the "disc" of Tzeentch.

Is the TL bolter a separate bit or would you have to cut it off, if you wanted to put something else there?

Are those the regular biker legs on the sorcerer?

Where is that wavy thing that you use as a stand from?

Thanks! You have to cut of the TL Bolter, but it is really easy to replace or magnetize it. And yes, those are the regular biker legs. The stand is from the burning chariot of tzeentch box. 

The new Sorcerer Dread is absolutely fantastic, mate! An excellent conversion and a very effective paintjob! Brilliant stuff! :smile.:

Thank you Kraut! 

Sorcerer Dreadnought look very cool Aasfresser :biggrin.:

Thank you for the inspiration to use the classic dread, IP :)

Wow, that's a seriously characterful Dread right there, nice to see that old metal model getting some love. My only nitpick would be Helio's staff as it looks like it's bent backwards above his hand.

So, what's next for Sons of Prospero? Will you be including any of the new Forge World TS bits into your army in future or are they too loyalist/30k for your liking?

Thank you! The staff is a bit bent, but thats because I had to make some connecting piece with GS. unfortunately I don't think I can fix that now. I'll try when I'm back at home.

Of course I will include the FW bits. They will look fantastic in blue :D

Have you ever though of buying the classic 3rd ed era Chaos Space Marine Lord w/Plasma Pistol & Power Axe model?  Keith Robertson who work for Eavy Metal that the time done a really cool Sorcerer conversion.  There one when the model was just release & then he done another when codex 3.5 was release as he was talking a little bit about his force.

Have you pick up any of the Forge World parts that where release a few weeks back?

Thank you guys!

Have you ever though of buying the classic 3rd ed era Chaos Space Marine Lord w/Plasma Pistol & Power Axe model? Keith Robertson who work for Eavy Metal that the time done a really cool Sorcerer conversion. There one when the model was just release & then he done another when codex 3.5 was release as he was talking a little bit about his force.

Have you pick up any of the Forge World parts that where release a few weeks back?

Hm... I don't know that conversion. Do you have some pics of it? I have the classic CSM Lord with Powerfist and Combi-Melta converted as a TS Lord, but he is wone of my earliest conversions and looks kind of goofy now. Maybe I'll revisit him some time.

So far I haven't bought some of the FW TS parts, but I will as soon as I can.

I finished the rapier carrier crew... finally. And the TS spawn that was waiting for the final colors for about a year.

med_gallery_76164_9665_87291.jpg

med_gallery_76164_9665_41489.jpg

Love the style of the cultists; so much character!

Yes! Your cultists are possibly my favourite of your models. Especially that last one with the comms backpack. :smile.::thumbsup:

Thank you! I like them, too.

Well, good thing they're already wearing red huh? :wink::biggrin.:

Well, you're right :D

And here is the Standard Bearer of the unit. The Standard can be used as a Ikon of Tzeentch or any other form of Standard from any publication (IA13 or Codex:AM).

med_gallery_76164_9665_97541.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_49659.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_16215.jpg

And the new group shot:

med_gallery_76164_9665_73995.jpg

And I guess their devotion to the emperor is quite dubious. Seems to me that they worship some kind of tzeench-influenced kraken-like idol. The inquisition will have to have a closer look...

Edited by Aasfresser

It's brilliant to see people being more inventive with their Thousand Sons conversions. There is a tendency for them to be somewhat standardised because of the manner in which they are typically presented and described within the background material. I particularly love the idea of using the Vampire Counts/Undead "ghost" bits and pieces to represent their spirit-selves seeping out of ruptured or damaged armour.

Fantastic work.