Thousand Sons - Those Once Loyal - Contemptor Dread WIP

Aasfresser

Hey Aasfresser, just a quick thought, I was re-reading through Lexicanum to learn some more about the Thousand Sons and learned something interesting. In M32 Magnus the Red once used some survivors of the Wolf Brothers (the only Space Wolf successor for those that don't know) as bait to lure most of the Space Wolves away from Fenris so he could take revenge for the Burning of Prospero by returning the favour, leading to the infamous Battle of the Fang.

Anyway, this got me thinking, you've already started including non-TS units in your force with your Tzeentchian Black Legionnaires and The Scourged, why not include a squad of mutant Wolf Brothers as a nod to that? They could have a more assault-oriented loadout to balance out the TS's firepower.

Hey Aasfresser, just a quick thought, I was re-reading through Lexicanum to learn some more about the Thousand Sons and learned something interesting. In M32 Magnus the Red once used some survivors of the Wolf Brothers (the only Space Wolf successor for those that don't know) as bait to lure most of the Space Wolves away from Fenris so he could take revenge for the Burning of Prospero by returning the favour, leading to the infamous Battle of the Fang.

Anyway, this got me thinking, you've already started including non-TS units in your force with your Tzeentchian Black Legionnaires and The Scourged, why not include a squad of mutant Wolf Brothers as a nod to that? They could have a more assault-oriented loadout to balance out the TS's firepower.

Yes, I know and like that part. At some point I'll need some Possessed and you can guess where they'll be from ;)

Personally I prefer the Horny Face (I thought this was a Tzeentch thread, not Slaanesh...:wink:) but there is something very unsettling about the featureless head, not sure about it with the horns though.

I'd go for the horned helmet myself, but I am not trying to show any non-armour on my Thousand Sons.

Me too. That's why the Scourged Champion will be a real joy to paint :)

The featureless face looks pretty creepy, not sure how difficult it would be but what about a bandaged/mummy wrapped face ?

Also I am in love with your spawn and am totally sharing/stealing that idea :biggrin.:

There is a bandaged face in the old CSM mutations spure. But it looked a bit silly. At some point I'll use it on another Scourged mini.

1 or 3 would be fine, although I would love to see three converted up to be a helmet or deathmask.

Hm... I think that would miss the whole point of having a featureless/melted face. And my GS-skills are horrible :D

you're green stuff skills appear to be good, why not do faceless with a cowl or hood. idk I just don't see any of the three and feel like "yep that's it". so.. yah not the most helpful criticism/  suggestion u may ever get

My GS-skills aren't that good. I use instant mold a lot, that's why nearly all my miniatures have bitzs and pieces from the burning chariot box XD

A cowl would hide to much of the deformities the guy is supposed to have.

So my thoughts are nor: featureless or featureless and horns. These guys are supposed to be able to hear all lies ever spoken by humankind. And having a melted face without a mouth and without ears  would be a nice tzeentchian twist on this champion/sorcerer. When he is done, I'll write some fluff blurb about him and his fellow maniacs, bonded by insanity, burning their way through the lies and false promises of the Imperium of Man they once served. What a luck they found finaly somebody they can trust in good ol' "honest Ahrt" Ahriman ;)

Yes, I know and like that part. At some point I'll need some Possessed and you can guess where they'll be from :wink:

*rubs hands together in glee* Oohh-ho-ho-ho yes, me likey. Out of curiousity though, what colours will you be painting them? Given there's never been an offical colour scheme given to the Wolf Brothers you've got quite a bit of creative freedom here, personally I always envisoned them as have a rich, almost chocolate brown colour scheme like this:

tumblr_lusdb3obMQ1qbwdpuo1_500.jpg

Regardless, I look forward to seeing your take on these lost Sons of Russ, anything that rustles Space Wolf jimmies gets my seal of approval. :tongue.::laugh.:

So my thoughts are nor: featureless or featureless and horns. These guys are supposed to be able to hear all lies ever spoken by humankind. And having a melted face without a mouth and without ears  would be a nice tzeentchian twist on this champion/sorcerer. When he is done, I'll write some fluff blurb about him and his fellow maniacs, bonded by insanity, burning their way through the lies and false promises of the Imperium of Man they once served. What a luck they found finaly somebody they can trust in good ol' "honest Ahrt" Ahriman :wink:

Wonderful, more Lovecraftian madness for us to enjoy! :happy.:

Burn away all the lies, and only the truth shall remain...

SanguiniusReborn, would you mind if I take that idea for Wolf Brothers possessed and their colour scheme?

Of course not brother, go right ahead! All I ask for in return is pictures of your outcast pups for me to oogle once they're finished! :D Edited by SanguiniusReborn

Hehe, I would go more for a darker SW colour scheme with some TS/Tzeentchian elements for the possessed.

After being a bit distracted by some freebooting Xenos, I managed to finish this paranoid fella.

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine /w Flamer No3 1

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine /w Flamer No3  2

Unfortunately I messed up the freehand this time. Well, there is always a next time :D

Hehe, I would go more for a darker SW colour scheme with some TS/Tzeentchian elements for the possessed.

After being a bit distracted by some freebooting Xenos, I managed to finish this paranoid fella.

I am liking that darker scheme, keeps them linked but separate.

But how is he paranoid? What did I miss? Am I now paranoid about him being paranoid!

Well when you are able to hear every single lie ever spoken by mankind, I imagine one of the side effects might be paranoia ;)

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you! :p

Well when you are able to hear every single lie ever spoken by mankind, I imagine one of the side effects might be paranoia :wink:

Nah that would make him less paranoid, he knows all the insane stuff they are trying to BS him with ;)

Well, it would make me paranoid, because you hear the lie, but you don't know who spoke it. Anyhow, he was rightly paranoid. If would only have listened to the voices... I tried to seal him with the GW spray matte varnish and he was covered in glorious cake frosting afterwards... I tried waiting, I tried gloss varnish, I tried sacrificing unholy artifacts to Tzeentch, all in vain. Alas, into the ethanol bath,I say.  And let the circle of painting begin anew.

The Scourge Battle Brother are both looking cool Aasfresser :biggrin.:  Also will you be taken part in Call of Chaos this year?

Thanks IP. Yes I'm thinking about it. There are still some things I want to add and paint.

• 1 month later...

I finally managed to take some before pictures of my CoCVII vow.

Alright, screw Khorne!

I Aasfresser answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete 7 Units composed of:

Sorcerer
- Mark of Tzeentch, Power Armour, Sigil of Corruption, Spell Familiar, Veterans of the Long War, Mastery Level 3
- Chaos Artefact (Burning Brand of Skalathrax)
- Force Weapon (Force Stave)

Sorcerer
- Mark of Tzeentch, Power Armour, Jump Pack, Sigil of Corruption, Spell Familiar, Veterans of the Long War, Mastery Level 3
- Melee Weapon (Powerfist)
- Force Weapon (Force Sword)

2x Chaos Spawn
- Mark of Tzeentch

Maulerfiend
- Two sets of Lasher Tendrils

Chaos Rapiers Weapons Battery
- Laser Destroyer

Herald of Tzeentch

3x Screamers of Tzeentch

before December 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Spilled Blood Glorious Change and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

May Tzeentch bless you all with Tentacles! 

Before-Pics will be provided later this weekend.

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine Asiring Chamion /w Powermaul & Combiflamer horny & featureless face

The Scorched Sorcerer with Burning Brand

Black Legion Sorcerer /w Jumppack Call of Chaos VII WIP

Black Legion Sorcerer with Jumppack (Claw counts as Forcestave)

Tzeentch Chaos Spawn Call of Chaos VII WIP

Spawn (Unassembled)

Thousand Sons Maulerfiend Call of Chaos VII WIP

Thousand Sons Maulerfiend (will be repainted, tendrils still in bitzbox)

Thousand Sons Rapier /w Laser Destroyer Call of Chaos VII WIP

Thousand Sons Rapier with Laser Destroyer

Herald of Tzeentch - Ragged Knight style Call of Chaos VII WIP

Herald of Tzeentch (Ragged Knight styled character)

Screemers of Tzeentch Call of Chaos VII WIP

Screamers of Tzeentch (bases unfinished)

That will be a lot of painting....

I'm still waiting for a hard copy of Ahriman Unchanged, Amazon still hasn't got it.

And here is the finished Herald of Tzeentch:

Herald of Tzeentch, inspired by the Ragged Knight

I left the basic 2009 games day miniature as it was. To be honest, I didn't know what to modify, as a demon can look like it wants to be or as the mortal spectator suspects it to look like. 
As I was going for a "Ragged Knight" feeling (although with out the to demonic features shown by the demon when he was wounded) I am pretty satisfied with that guy.
Now I just need some fluffy reason why a Tzeentch demon want's to look like a mighty warlord. Well, deception of course, but why? Maybe he is just mocking Khorne and his brutish followers? Changeling-style?

Thank you guys! Well the rest of the vow is progressing slowly but steady. I started painting on the rapier carrier and one of the screamers. Still struggling with a colourscheme for the screamers and demons in general. I want something more blue-green than the blue of my TS.