Thousand Sons - Those Once Loyal - Contemptor Dread WIP

Aasfresser

Unbound allows whichever models/units you want. It doesn't allow apoc formations (nor does it disallow them, but since it is a permissive ruleset, they aren't allowed in regular 40k). However, you could just unbound an army of sorcerers.

Also, I second a tzeentch book.

I love your "distraction"! I've been so tempted to do more appropriately themed Egyptian modelling for my TS coven, and I think that's definitely the sort of inspiration needed....

Your style is simply awesome - love that squad.

Maybe use the loyalist dex? The Librarius conclave puts both Sorcerers and Grey knights to shame :tongue.:

Indeed, now that the normal SM codex can take more psykers in a normal FOC than Space Wolves...this is a go-to.

"Powerful psykers using their rubricae as unrelenting bulwarks of bolter fire" sounds like a librarius coven and matching imperial fist tactical squads to me ;)

Yeah, that would be a possibility. But it would not feel like chaos.

I'm done with my second (and last) vow for ETL4!

I, Aasfresser, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

• 1 Thousand Sons Sorcerer with Mark of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, Sigil of Corruption, Meltabombs, Forcesword, Power Sword, ML3 and VotlW ->190P
  • 1 Squad of 5 Thousand Sons with Aspiring Sorcerer with Meltabombs -> 155P

of a total value of 345 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Thousand Sons, Tzeentch and Chaos in general and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

And here they are.

Thousand Sons Rubricae Squad for ETL4

The 5 man strong squad of rubricae with asp. sorcerer.

Second ETL4 Vow Thousand Sons Rubricae Squad and HQ Sorcerer

And the sorcerer in front of the TS squad.

Edited by Aasfresser

I'm just going to sacrifice my models in hopes of getting painting ability :tongue.: Those look amazing.

Could you ask for some painting skills for me too? Sure the result looks nice, but I actually know what I did there and how and where I hide it :geek:

Seriously, I'm a very average painter at best. There is so much more talent in the B&C or the internet. I once visited a workshop by a very popular german painter, Roman Lappat aka "jarhead" from MassiveVoodoo, in 2011, but it was for nothing. It was fun, I learned a lot but I couldn't use anything for tabletop standard painting. It even demotivated me more than it helped. But I would do it again anytime!

And a small and quick update. With my ETL vows finished I finally managed to finish my Thousand Sons Dreadnought. He's not perfect, but I like how he turned out. One really can see that the autocannon arm was painted roughly 3 years ago *cough* 

Thousand Sons Dreadnought Front

Thousand Sons Dreadnought Back

In the first mock-ups he had a back banner but I can't find it anymore. 
Edited by Aasfresser

Both the ETL squad and dreadnought are really cool, alway like see the really cool update for your army :D. Really temp to convert a single Thasound Son model from seen your army log :D

That a shame about the banner. What was the part you where useing?

Edited by Insane Psychopath

Both the ETL squad and dreadnought are really cool, alway like see the really cool update for your army :D. Really temp to convert a single Thasound Son model from seen your army log :D

That a shame about the banner. What was the part you where useing?

Thanks! Oh, I'd like to see a TS from you! Please do it. Please.

It was one of the finecast Tzeentch banners. I think I know where I put it. Let's see tomorrow. And tomorrow I'll make a picture of my painted miniatures.

Also I made some progress on the 'The Scourged' test miniature.

gallery_76164_11041_176768.jpg

Also I made some progress on the 'The Scourged' test miniature.

gallery_76164_11041_176768.jpg

He looks very promising Aasfresser, though one thing I will say is you might want to remove that Grey Knight emblem on the chestplate. Other than that, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your Scourged, tell me, will there be a Sorceror leading them too?

Thanks both of you!

@SangReborn: I left all the Inquisition stuff on the mini because according to fluff, the Scourged are relatively new to chaos. And he is not finished. Let us see what the Changer of Ways will do with those books and Inquisitorial symbols ;)

As requested by IP I made a picture of all painted miniatures. But it sucks. I have to fiddle around with the cam and other set ups. In the meantime, enjoy the crappy picture!

gallery_76164_9665_327777.jpg

And the Scourged CSM is done. Forgot to paint the hands red... Well next time. Apparently Tzeentch is an unimaginative lazy a** bastard and turned the Inquisitorial symbols into a lump of verdigris. But I like it.

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine /w Flamer 1

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine /w Flamer

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine /w Flamer

I'm very pleased with the symbol on the right shoulder. Unfortunately its hard to see here. Maybe I'll do a close up at some point.

Than you Chaeron! I only plan a 5 man srong squad of them so far. Maybe they will get a dreadclaw (converted droppod). All but the champ (yes, he will be very sorcerer-esque) will have flamers. They will be used as chosen or havocs, depending on what will make more sense.

Not at all! I love Heavy Bolters with the Chaos Knights horn as a muzzle ;)