Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Why would Magnus get options? Or can you make other Daemons from that box? Ka'Bandha maybe?

He has three different faces and two different weapons (sword or spear)

Hey great stuff Atia! Can you get a side by side of Magnus with some models please? Knight, primarch, dread etc... That is until you get bored :wink:

I want to do that once he is fully build (not much time tomorrow sadly, and I also need to paint up my cultists) ^^

For now I have Zarakynel for you :P

gallery_79873_10492_220911.jpg

Oh wow, now I really want to get my hands on magnus.

Hehe, he is an awesome model ^.^

Hidden Content
med_gallery_79873_10492_646795.jpg

What a sexy demon! :jawdrop::tongue.:

Yeah he is :P

Holy mother of mercy!

Thanks. You can also call me Atia. :tongue.:

Thanks Atia, I got some really wierd looks when I barked a laugh out loud at your response, at work, in a full office. :blush.:

Valar Dohaeris ;)

Oooooh. He's fully sculpted and you don't have to put on that armour?

I need him to make a Bloodthirster.

Yep. That said, remember that he still has feathery feet - so you will have to do something against that (probably) :P

Wow you got him soon! Can we get a shot next to Ang'Rath, pretty please?

I will do, but later. Truth be told, I'm currently working on the cultists (need to finish them before Call of Chaos ends or I'll become a tzeentchian spawn >.<). He also needs some liquid green stuff to fill in gaps. Once the "basic" model is build I'll make size comparisons with my knight and ang'grath :)

Ok, FW didn't release the new knight, so I gave in to the teasing Atia has been doing. Magnus is bloody massive!

So atia, are you going blue or red for the skin? (Will probably attempt to copy your mad paint skillz)

Also, horny nipples or not?

It's really weird. I thought we would have gotten the knights and the BB referees by now, but it seems like they moved the schedule back a bit. Same goes for the lake-town houses who should have been up a week earlier ....

For Magnus: I have talked with Drake about this, and actually I may do a second blue one someday in the far far future (just as hommage to the original model), but for now, I'll go red. Plan is to do him a bit more like this artwork - a deeper red as basecolour with the arms and feet ending more in a purplish red, and the feathers beeing mostly blue (with a blend from red to blue on the wings - I hope this will work well ^.^):

gallery_79873_10492_72590.jpg

Also, horny nipples or not?

Are the nipple horns optional or would removing them involve a scalpel and green stuff?

I'll go with nipple horns, lol.

You have to glue them in, so no removing required.

Soooooo - I finally finished my cultists! This saved me from becoming a Firewyrm of Tzeentch (and in fact, gives me the title of Warmaster again *_*). The last weeks of december will be used for planning my next legion force for 2017, working on Magnus and building my Blood Bowl teams (who shall be showed elsewhere :P). Hope you like the little guys :)

gallery_79873_10492_615503.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_8496.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_16076.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_197408.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_56983.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_173230.jpg

It won't let me like stuff. So "like". :biggrin.:

Loving em Atia.

Thanks buddy :)

And as Kriegsmacht wrote - it's a (weird) bug within the forum! If you refresh the site it will show the like (or the edit). Think it's like that since we had the DDOS attacks?

Well it's about time the suspense was killing me. :tongue.:

Looks great Atia now get a move on with Magnus. :biggrin.:

@Tzen It does you have to refresh after hitting the like button for some reason.

Edit: Same with saving changes it seems...

Yaw yaw yaw - work work! Also need to build 2-4 blood bowl teams this month or my dad will be sad if we can't try out the new snow board xD :wub.:

It won't let me like stuff. So "like". :D

Loving em Atia.

Thanks buddy :)

And as Kriegsmacht wrote - it's a (weird) bug within the forum! If you refresh the site it will show the like (or the edit). Think it's like that since we had the DDOS attacks?

Well it's about time the suspense was killing me. :P

Looks great Atia now get a move on with Magnus. :D

@Tzen It does you have to refresh after hitting the like button for some reason.

Edit: Same with saving changes it seems...

Yaw yaw yaw - work work! Also need to build 2-4 blood bowl teams this month or my dad will be sad if we can't try out the new snow board xD :wub:

You need to share the BB stuff. Though obviously not here!

Thanks guys :smile.:

For some weird reason, posting and using a quote won't work ...

@ The Colonel:

Yeah, probably on War of Sigmar, or maybe via a sneeky WPR post over on Battle Bunnies :smile.:

@ Arkangilos

Thanks buddy :smile.:

@ KrautScientist

Glad you like them! I still have a few more cultists to do for the future, but for now I'm quite happy with my Word Bearers (still need to finish the cutlist leader as HQ for an allied detachment, aswell as a few more small WB squads though!).

Edited by Atia

Thanks guys :smile.:

For some weird reason, posting and using a quote won't work ...

@ The Colonel:

Yeah, probably on War of Sigmar, or maybe via a sneeky WPR post over on Battle Bunnies :smile.:

@ Arkangilos

Thanks buddy :smile.:

@ KrautScientist

Glad you like them! I still have a few more cultists to do for the future, but for now I'm quite happy with my Word Bearers (still need to finish the cutlist leader as HQ for an allied detachment, aswell as a few more small WB squads though!).

It does work, it's just that the website is having problems right now.

Cultists look great Atia.

Ate you using Internet Explorer? It has issues with quotes and copy/pasting, whereas Chrome etc does not.

And I'm using Chrome lol. Anyways, made a bug report and hopefully admins will find the error :smile.:

Edited by Atia

Those cultists look great. Atia. They really capture that chaotic feel. I'm also continuously amazed by your paint style. I tried to find a description in my head for it, and the only thing that came close is it's like a neat form of John Blanche's painting style. Does that make sense? 

Those cultists look great. Atia. They really capture that chaotic feel. I'm also continuously amazed by your paint style. I tried to find a description in my head for it, and the only thing that came close is it's like a neat form of John Blanche's painting style. Does that make sense? 

Hehe thanks buddy :wub.:

It makes sense and you are not the first one who tells me that (the other describtion I get is "forgeworld paint style"). That said, both Word Bearers and their allies (from daemons to cultists) tend to work very well with the "grimdark" style.

Can't wait to get my hands on Thousand Sons (with a glossy metallic red, similiar to my Brass Scorpion - these guys will be interesting as I don't know how I'll do weathering on them .... need to try some satin varnish instead of purity seal, in order to save the "glossy look") and Plague Death Guard :smile.:. The next two years will be awesome, hehe :biggrin.:

Edited by Atia