Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Aces on the The changling and the cultists, Atia!

I need to start painting up some of my stuff. Daemons & such, and DA. No combination there.

When I get a Magnus, I'll have to look up some of the old epic scheme for him.

Paint up a blue Magnus. Lqtm. Ideas and the like need to stop.  I need to paint things.

• 1 month later...

Howdy Guys and Girls :)

After spending some time painting Blood Bowl it looks like I'm back on the Heresy train for now. Well, I'll quote my Battle Bunnies for this one:

"Atia wasn't really seen this week, locked away in a prosperine vault studying Inferno. Yet it's said working on some of the Sons of Magnus has already started ...."

gallery_79873_10492_2561.jpg

Haha, I totally know what you guys mean ... 

The real issue, building both Kheres was really painful this time (guess that's a point for that plastic contemptor). And the FW arms are too pricey to threw them away, so I'll probably have to work with what I have now. 

Edit: That said, I may try to "repair" them. Not sure atm. I also have a lot of other stuff to do (f.e. Stormcast Eternals and Gathering Storm stuff for GW :smile.:). Busy busy ....

Edited by Atia

You work for GW?

Awesome!!

Well, it's basically freelancer "work"? Reviews and PR, and I signed two NDA's. Painting and building is as important as a content overview :smile.:

Sounds pretty sweet wish I could do that haha!

Hehe :)

Atleast it gives me an excuse to work on stuff other than 30k :P

Anyways - what do you guys think about the red/weathering so far?

gallery_79873_10492_1504359.jpg

Looking good so far. What colours are you using?

Thanks Colonel :smile.:

It's basically the same technique I used for my Brass Scorpion:

- Metallic basecoat (Iron Hands Steel)

- Zenithal highlightes (Ironbreaker and after that Runefang Steel)

- Pre-Shading using thinned down Calth Blue

- Several Layers of Angron Red

- Edges are done with Stormhost Silver - I also did some chipping on the legs and added a bit of weathering :smile.:

The white was done with the help of Duncan (edit: Starts around 11:40)!

Hope that helps ^.^

Edited by Atia

Ushapt-Osiron Nicasekh Khili

Contemptor-Mortis of the Thousand Sons, Guardian of the House of the Jackal

20170301_200831.jpg

Ushapt-Osiron Khili was one of the nine Dreadnoughts which slept within the walls of the House of the Jackal during the Burning of Prospero - serving there as ritual protector. In life he had been a commander of one of the Legion's heavy support cabals, grievly wounded during the Turning of the Golden Apostles.

During the Battle for Tizca Khili and his dreadnought brethren counter-attacked the Space Wolve's heavy armour units. It's said that his fate is unknown, as he was last seen fighting against [REDACTED BY THE INQUISITION]. 

20170301_200744.jpg

20170301_200756.jpg

Note: Kheres-Achea pattern Assaultcannon. Modified for the use of 'Asphyx Shells' - loaded with psycho-reactive toxin of unknown origins.

20170301_200811.jpg

20170301_200818.jpg

20170301_200825.jpg

You work for GW?

Well, it's basically freelancer "work"? Reviews and PR, and I signed two NDA's. 

Good job holding yourself to those NDA's then, being the queen of rumours and all. Unless... :p

That contemptor looks boss. Good job fixing the assault cannons. That's a really cool name, too. :tu: